Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Photo

Count to 100 before the Staff and Company post

• Please log in to reply
33863 replies to this topic

PItiful Boar

PItiful Boar

Soppy Potato

• Members
  • 198 posts

45 forgot to count

pokari

pokari

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 69 posts

If you look at the edit timestamps, you will see some evidence that, so did I XD

PItiful Boar

PItiful Boar

Soppy Potato

• Members
  • 198 posts

47 nothing in the world is as easy as it seems

pokari

pokari

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 69 posts

To be fair, some things achieve this by being easier than they seem.

(I realize that you were expressing more of a mood than a statement of fact. I hope things are going okay.)

PItiful Boar

PItiful Boar

Soppy Potato

• Members
  • 198 posts

49 I'm currently involved with a lawsuit in an attempt to help my mom to evict a tenant and the scheming and deception.... Even though I would probably be the ultimate beneficiary in all this I don't feel like it's right. And this is the most minor of incidents. 

I have been trying to figure out how to improve my emotions but it hasn't been easy

pokari

pokari

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 69 posts

Rather, I should think that being the ultimate beneficiary would make a troubling situation all the more troubling.

And it becomes problematic to write it off as just someone else's problems, and that means one can't gain the distance one needs if one isn't ready to handle such things right now. (Though it kind of sounds like you're getting roped in, on top of that? Yikes!)

*hugs*

Working with one's own emotions is one of the more difficult things one can set out to do, I do think. Emotions were probably originally evolved to govern us, not the other way round, after all. So, I guess what I really want to say is, don't feel too bad about it if you're having trouble. It's genuinely difficult.

PItiful Boar

PItiful Boar

Soppy Potato

• Members
  • 198 posts

51 a couple of weeks ago a young lady (probably recently graduated) collided with my vehicle and scratched the passenger side with scratches. If you don't pay attention you may not even notice. In any case the insurance claim responsibility so I took it to the insurance-approved shop who then repaired the door. I don't know how much they charged the insurance but the receipt they gave me listed $1700...... :o Since they claimed liability I didn't mind, but my guess is that the insurance will simply transfer the amount to the dad who will have to pay out of pocket deductible. Since I didn't have to pay a single cent I didn't mind but holy cow - it was basically an invitation to be milked. 

Edited by Feishy Pit Boar, 24 November 2019 - 12:06 AM.

pokari

pokari

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 69 posts

It always bugs me how much the chance of getting into an accident and being declared at-fault—and therefore the chance of getting insurance rate increases—is down to dumb luck.

Like, I've never been in an accident. Is this because I'm a good driver? Hell no. I'm extremely average—maybe a little worse than average. Every once in a blue moon I've made a clear mistake and only been saved by the other driver's attentiveness, which is I think more or less normal? I've certainly done nothing to deserve my "perfect" driving record.

PItiful Boar

PItiful Boar

Soppy Potato

• Members
  • 198 posts

53 have you even went up the trail to sierra vista open reserve? that drive up the snaking winding road 

pokari

pokari

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 69 posts

I haven't hiked there but I have driven up the road (whimsically, when there was a lot of snow over on Mt. Hamilton and such in that direction, last winter I think?). It's a really fun drive. The views into the valleys on either side are quite lovely.

Spoiler

PItiful Boar

PItiful Boar

Soppy Potato

• Members
  • 198 posts

55 I remember you've mentioned that before... there were moments on the ridge that did not have bracing and I thought I would have been tempting fate if I swerved on a wet/snowy road. 

pokari

pokari

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 69 posts

Yeah... I'm slowly getting more used to mountain driving over time, but there's some roads I just would not take when wet, period. (Not that I have any wet-mountain-road experience. Much less icy. Because, y'know, the whole nearly-a-desert thing).

Today would have been the worst day of them all, of course. First real rain of the season, wherein all the oils piled up on the road seep out and turn into accidents all over the valley, especially when combined with the fact that everyone's forgotten how to drive in the rain anyway! I'm just as happy to not have to drive at all, today. o_o

(Most of the accidents on such days aren't especially deadly, I think, though—more like, "um, sorry, I thought my car was going stop three feet behind you, not... six inches into your trunk. Oh dear." The freeways on the other hand are maybe actually a bit more in the realm of mortal peril, but only for the first few people, after which the traffic from accidents bring things back down to safe speeds.)

PItiful Boar

PItiful Boar

Soppy Potato

• Members
  • 198 posts

57 i realized that tomorrow is Thanksgivings. Where are all the Indians? I wanted to thank them but they're not around...

pokari

pokari

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 69 posts

What are you talking about? There are plenty of Indians in this valley. One of the largest ethnic groups here.

Now, I know you know I know that's not what you meant. But nonetheless.

Anyway, Happy Thanksgiving :'3 (In some time zone, anyhow)

PItiful Boar

PItiful Boar

Soppy Potato

• Members
  • 198 posts

59 being the good consumer that I am I went to Ross on black friday and got a $14.99 shirt. Yes, I contributed to the economy!

(I also went to Frys nearby, the computer store that looks like a tomb... and it was basically a tomb... the few souls wandering around, lots of empty spaces on the shelves ... another Amazon victim I suppose)

pokari

pokari

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 69 posts

The Ancient Egyptian one? That's the one closest to me, too.

And yeah, something weird happened a few months ago. Went there to buy some stuff in September and the shelves were weirdly empty then too. But if they haven't recovered in time for Christmas... I frankly am assuming they're doomed. (Fry's head management have always been kind of psychos IIRC so who knows what's going in in the specifics)

Which sucks. Having computer parts today is way nicer than waiting for Amazon to ship them—like I've had days when building a PC that I went there three times in the same day for this and that (as a concrete example grabbing a motherboard speaker for a board that didn't have one built-in, for debugging)—that would have been a totally different experience with online ordering, even if I assume I were to borrow someone's Prime subscription for "2 day" shipping.

Edited by pokari, 30 November 2019 - 07:46 AM.

PItiful Boar

PItiful Boar

Soppy Potato

• Members
  • 198 posts

61 it looks more like mayan imo, its the one across from Lowes on Ridder

I ended up going online and ordering hard drives from newegg and amazon. 

Internet is cheaper but only because they cut out the middle man, the economy that was supporting techies who knew their stuff. Now people just rely on the reviews from nice folks who volunteer to their time to explain questions. They even have the audacity to send me emails like "can you answer this question?" as if I'm being paid to answer questions. 

pokari

pokari

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 69 posts

Oh, okay, different tomb. Same story though.

...You answer the little question things on Amazon? This is an unexpected hobby owo;

(Or wait, am I misreading? Is it that Amazon or something similar sends you questions?)

Edited by pokari, 30 November 2019 - 07:44 PM.

PItiful Boar

PItiful Boar

Soppy Potato

• Members
  • 198 posts

63 yipe 

also ai somnium by spikesoft is pretty good, spent some hours yesterday playing it

since everything is voice acted its great for lazy guys who don't like reading ....

PItiful Boar

PItiful Boar

Soppy Potato

• Members
  • 198 posts

64 I've gotten one of the bad ends on the first try... EVERYBODY DIED.... yah... great job