Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Photo

Latest Chapter Discussion

• Please log in to reply
51 replies to this topic

Marduk

Marduk

Fried Potato

• Members
  • 605 posts
This is so we can discuss the chapters.

I really like the art in this one. Very beautiful. And the double pages are always awesome.

Great cliffhanger in this chapter. Did Brad kill all four of them? There were four shots fired in the last page...

And the plot thickens, finally. I'm really starting to like this manga. It has good potential.

realtalkallday

realtalkallday

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 11 posts
The are is very beautiful, one of the main reasons for me liking this manga. If this manga is some what realistic then there's no way he killed all four. It's too early to kill Brad off tho, chapter 8's cliffhanger is very interesting, ill be waiting impatiently for the next one.

Marduk

Marduk

Fried Potato

• Members
  • 605 posts
Are you suggesting that Brad could die and Luke become the main character?

If so, I must say I disagree. It's highly unlikely that any story would have such a change in characters. The first tankobon was all about Brad, and the second tankobon pictures him with what appears to a rival in the cover. He wouldn't die in the first chapter of the second volume.

Oh, and looking the table of contents for this volume, it looks that Brad isn't going anywhere until at least chapter 16.

Donuts

Donuts

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 15 posts
Also have to agree about the art. I usually avoid anything with the 'historical' tag but from time to time I'll glance at a summary and decide to peek at a random chapter. Peeked at the first two pages of ch.7 and was like "Sold!". The art grabbed me and the story has me hooked, loving it so far.

But I'm curious, I want to know how things turn out! He may be a badass but I don't think Brad would take the chance of Luke being targeted by the gang, I also don't think the boss wants to risk injuring Brad for future work. At least, it doesn't seem like the smart thing to do when a war can break out at any moment. But, if I read this right, it seems like Kip just learned that Luke was Brad's brother, that's a disaster waiting to happen :o

Marduk

Marduk

Fried Potato

• Members
  • 605 posts

Also have to agree about the art. I usually avoid anything with the 'historical' tag but from time to time I'll glance at a summary and decide to peek at a random chapter. Peeked at the first two pages of ch.7 and was like "Sold!". The art grabbed me and the story has me hooked, loving it so far.

But I'm curious, I want to know how things turn out! He may be a badass but I don't think Brad would take the chance of Luke being targeted by the gang, I also don't think the boss wants to risk injuring Brad for future work. At least, it doesn't seem like the smart thing to do when a war can break out at any moment. But, if I read this right, it seems like Kip just learned that Luke was Brad's brother, that's a disaster waiting to happen :o

It was a very effective cliffhanger, indeed. Shots were fired. Did Brad shoot? I think so. What about the other guys? Who the hell was shot?

And I agree that Kip just learned about Luke. If Kip survives, then surely Brad will have to turn his back against the gang...

svines85

svines85

Sweet Potato

• Contributor
  • 14,063 posts
  • Locationunderground like a wild potato
What a shame that psycho Kip survived......I suppose he makes a good bad guy for the future plot to develop around though.

Tn7HA0h.png

Euodiachloris

Euodiachloris

Mashed Potato

• Members
  • 7,336 posts
  • LocationUK

What a shame that psycho Kip survived......I suppose he makes a good bad guy for the future plot to develop around though.

Guy's got Smug Snake written all over him (without a snake where it counts). <_< Doubt he's a Big Bad. :P However, his dad might be if the little oik gets himself killed trying to get back in the way it seems obvious he'll try. :mellow:

PlotCap.png

~:Euo will do instead of my whole handle:~

Scanlation-author collaboration not possible?  Nope: it's doable... try Trace and vote with your feet to try to get more like this.

svines85

svines85

Sweet Potato

• Contributor
  • 14,063 posts

Guy's got Smug Snake written all over him (without a snake where it counts). <_< Doubt he's a Big Bad. :P However, his dad might be if the little oik gets himself killed trying to get back in the way it seems obvious he'll try. :mellow:

Haha, good point, he does seem to be over-compensating for his short comings doesn't he? He really is the worst type though, he's got sneaky sleazeball who'll fall back on daddy when things go wrong written all over him.

Tn7HA0h.png

Yaomo

Yaomo

Baked Potato

• Donator
  • 1,757 posts
  • Locationwathcing you from some place far away
not good, they just managed to piss off the righteous kid.
あっ ちょっと死んじまった

svines85

svines85

Sweet Potato

• Contributor
  • 14,063 posts
true, I never really did think Luke was weak, just straight-laced and quiet..........and I still can't figure out how Brad's alive, I mean, I guess he's really alive and not some sort of vengeful spirit or something. O_O

Tn7HA0h.png

OverLord-sama

OverLord-sama

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 81 posts
The pool of blood has happened, now the brother is to join. This is the best of the best....

Euodiachloris

Euodiachloris

Mashed Potato

• Members
  • 7,336 posts
  • LocationUK

The pool of blood has happened, now the brother is to join. This is the best of the best....

Hmmmmm... <cocks head to one side> Dunno. I believe our Smug Snake of a Kip will screw things up royally at the last second. Seems to be what he does best. ;)

And, it'll go awfully pear-shaped on him. :lol:

Edited by Euodiachloris, 12 February 2013 - 11:11 PM.

PlotCap.png

Scanlation-author collaboration not possible?  Nope: it's doable... try Trace and vote with your feet to try to get more like this.

svines85

svines85

Sweet Potato

• Contributor
  • 14,063 posts
well that was intense..........wonder where it'll go from here? There's at least another full volume left and it's also still listed as "ongoing" according to mangaupdates.

Tn7HA0h.png

Euodiachloris

Euodiachloris

Mashed Potato

• Members
  • 7,336 posts
  • LocationUK
I get the distinct impression that that's not the last he'll see of the brothers. Dunno why. ;)

PlotCap.png

svines85

svines85

Sweet Potato

• Contributor
  • 14,063 posts

Manga Stream's chapter 22 is out.....

http://mangastream.com/read/green_blood/10413613/1

Spoiler

Tn7HA0h.png

svines85

svines85

Sweet Potato

• Contributor
  • 14,063 posts

mangastream's chapter 23

http://mangastream.com/read/green_blood/65258575/1

Tn7HA0h.png

svines85

svines85

Sweet Potato

• Contributor
  • 14,063 posts

The new chapter (26) is out on EGS, very good.........I just love that self serving logic people like the big man in town uses, he's not robbing, cheating and killing out of greed, he just wants to help the people he's robbing, cheating and killing.  >_<

Tn7HA0h.png

jfforums

jfforums

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 29 posts

Chapter 27. Think this is the turning point for younger brother. He was against killing until now, and i doubt he can manage on his mission (revenge on his father) with that kind of atitude.

Damn, what a nice art.

EGS & Kotonoha, thx a lot.

svines85

svines85

Sweet Potato

• Contributor
  • 14,063 posts

Chapter 27. Think this is the turning point for younger brother. He was against killing until now, and i doubt he can manage on his mission (revenge on his father) with that kind of atitude.

Damn, what a nice art.

EGS & Kotonoha, thx a lot.

I think Luke has already evolved a lot from how he was early in the story.................not a cold-blooded executioner like Brad, no, but no longer the idealistic, almost pacifistic person he was either. I think we saw that in the bar when they first got into town and he physically defended Jenny. 

But yeah, I agree, this definitely won't improve his view of his "fellow man". >_<

not much for lengthy negotiations, was he?

Tn7HA0h.png

Yaomo

Yaomo

Baked Potato

• Donator
  • 1,757 posts
  • Locationwathcing you from some place far away

i just hope that luke won't go totally crazy. innocent kids can go pretty bad if they're broken too suddenly. brad never was innocent, so he's still fairly balanced mentally, and so long as his brother isn't hurt, he'll probably still be.

あっ ちょっと死んじまった