Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Photo

Your Favorite Fight

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

Kirito

Kirito

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 3 posts
  • LocationUnderworld
As in many shounen manga everyone has a favorite Fight, I make this topic to comment the fight that you like most and if you want to put why you like that fight.
Mine is Zenkichi VS Kumagawa (the minus Arc if i'm not wrong)

ValorantX

ValorantX

Baked Potato

• Contributor
  • 1,601 posts
EDIT: yeah my mistake, my answer to the real question is below

Well this was in the anime rather than the manga but Goku vs. Cell was definitely the most entertaining fight I've seen. Neteru vs. the King in Hunter X Hunter is vivid in memory and most of the battles in Konjiki no Gash bell were exciting to read.

Edited by Saphsin, 04 September 2012 - 06:30 AM.

"Once you label me you negate me." - Soren Kierkegaard

Coma Culture

Coma Culture

Potato

• Members
  • 109 posts

Well this was in the anime rather than the manga but Goku vs. Cell was definitely the most entertaining fight I've seen. Neteru vs. the King in Hunter X Hunter is vivid in memory and most of the battles in Konjiki no Gash bell were exciting to read.

I think the topic is on your favorite fight of this manga, not Shonen manga in general.
So, it would be what match-up would be your favorite fight in Medaka Box, so far.

I have to say, it would probably be the Zenkichi v. Kumagawa match in the minus arc. Kumagawa V Zenkichi was exciting because every fight with Medaka in it, you know 100 percent of the time she's going to win, Naze's fights always end up ridiculous as Naze parades around screaming "I'M MAKING THIS UUUUUPPP. I CAN FLYYY WHHEEEE." and Akune just generally got his balls chopped off after the fight with Koga, and i think the reason he's still missing out on the adventures is because he's still looking for them. That or he's busy making out with his middle-schooler pistol-sucking pirate girlfriend.

We still didn't know Kumagawa's abilities at the time, and Zenkichi has the Spider-Man curse of its never guaranteed he's gonna make a scratch on the guy, let alone win.

In the interest of being fair, i'll also say Zenkichi V. Munakata in the Flask Plan arc, because it was our first real show of how intense the battles were gonna get, not to mention Munakata hiding a polearm and a bazooka 3 times his size in his clothes and i laughed so hard when Zenkichi kicked the bazooka out of Munakata's hands. He was screaming "THAT THING IS F'N SCARY FOOL."

Anshin vs. the 6 fake doubles was also awesome, because of the major amount of one-sided curbstomp on all 6 of them, and some of her skills are ridiculously unfair. like her [Become God] skill or [Opponent Becomes A Deaf, Mute and Blind Idiot] skill. And last honorable mention goes to Unzen V Medaka. Seeing things go from "Oh, hahaha! That big dog sure won't stop attacking Zenkichi and he's helpless!" and 'Hahaha-ha-haaaaaah this artist guy doesn't like any of the models!"
To Unzen suddenly making the creepiest face ever and then proceeding to violently kill all of the music room teenage children and enjoying it. Talk about a buzzkill.

Newest Project: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1388475073/regeria-hope-honest-corrupt-lawyer-visual-novel?ref=newest

Regeria Hope, a Phoenix Wright-style visual novel free-ware game set in the courtroom. Pleasee check it out!

ValorantX

ValorantX

Baked Potato

• Contributor
  • 1,601 posts

I think the topic is on your favorite fight of this manga, not Shonen manga in general.
So, it would be what match-up would be your favorite fight in Medaka Box, so far.

oh shit... >.< my apologies, I just clicked this topic in New Content and didn't pay attention to what section the topic was in.

hmm...... this series isn't really primarily a battle manga but the one that I vividly remember was Youka Naze (Medaka's half-sister the one who has the Ice-Fire ability) against that Minus who had the ability to open past wounds.

Edited by Saphsin, 04 September 2012 - 06:32 AM.

Coma Culture

Coma Culture

Potato

• Members
  • 109 posts

oh shit... >.< my apologies, I just clicked this topic in New Content and didn't pay attention to what section the topic was in.

hmm...... this series isn't really primarily a battle manga but the one that I vividly remember was Youka Naze (Medaka's half-sister the one who has the Ice-Fire ability) against that Minus who had the ability to open past wounds.

Her name was Shibushi Shibuki, and her crazy weird butler friend was Mamaru Chougasaki. They worth both interesting characters. I haven't seen them once since the Minus arc ended...where did they go? They must have stayed at the school, and Kumagawa was both of their best friends. Then Kumagawa gets VP and he's all like
"[SORRY. I LIED. YOU GUYS ARE LIKE THE WORST. THE COOL KIDS WANT TO HANG OUT NOW. IM REALLY POPULAR SO GO FUCK YOURSELF IN SOME GARBAGE OR SOMETHING WHILE YOU LISTEN TO POST-HARDCORE YOU ANGRY CRAZY EMO POSERS. SO NOW, I'LL SAY GOOOOOOD-BYEEEEE TO YOU TWO MINOR CHARACTERS."]

Newest Project: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1388475073/regeria-hope-honest-corrupt-lawyer-visual-novel?ref=newest

Regeria Hope, a Phoenix Wright-style visual novel free-ware game set in the courtroom. Pleasee check it out!

ValorantX

ValorantX

Baked Potato

• Contributor
  • 1,601 posts
......that's a line that wouldn't be too surprising if it actually appeared in this series

Kirito

Kirito

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 3 posts
  • LocationUnderworld

In the interest of being fair, i'll also say Zenkichi V. Munakata in the Flask Plan arc, because it was our first real show of how intense the battles were gonna get, not to mention Munakata hiding a polearm and a bazooka 3 times his size in his clothes and i laughed so hard when Zenkichi kicked the bazooka out of Munakata's hands. He was screaming "THAT THING IS F'N SCARY FOOL."

I was forgeting that one, when he destroys the weapons of Munakata and he asks Why isthat Zenkichi knows how to do that and I think the answers that he read to if someday he needed to know or if he were to be found in a similar situation.

Coma Culture

Coma Culture

Potato

• Members
  • 109 posts

I was forgeting that one, when he destroys the weapons of Munakata and he asks Why isthat Zenkichi knows how to do that and I think the answers that he read to if someday he needed to know or if he were to be found in a similar situation.

Yeah, Zen apparently learned how to dismantle a bazooka just because he thought one day in high school he thought he might fight another high-schooler weilding a friggin' bazooka.
And he was right.

Kinda makes you wonder what happened with him and Medaka before the series started. They probably did stuff just as ridiculous.

In terms of the fighting, i also have to say that i think we were robbed of one awesome fight. The Loser Team vs. The Plus Six, in the Flask Plan arc. There were some really diverse fighters there, versus 6 newer fighters with unknown powers. If we got to see more than the first minute of that fight, that would have been so cool. I mean, the black guy with super-reflexes, a lightning-fast hammerspace user, a malicious 10-year-old with exploding bouncyballs, a girl that speaks in math and fights with huge weights, a cat-like cheating queen, and...
Well, some loudmouth B*tch with handcuffs.
I hated Onigase.
And i really hate her pallet-swapped 2.0 version, Torai. You think Zen would pick a more badass cabinet.

So i had a question.
We've seen Medaka beat Kumagawa. and even though we've seen Kumagawa beat Anshin once, now she just kind of dominates him for fun and profit.
We only got to see Medaka v. Anshin in a stupid election battle.
Medaka has the skill to learn an opponents skills and master it.
But Anshin has 4 quadrillion skills, one of which has gotta do something about that
So, without Hanten making any extra skills for Anshin...
Anshin VS. Medaka

Who would win?

ValorantX

ValorantX

Baked Potato

• Contributor
  • 1,601 posts

Yeah, Zen apparently learned how to dismantle a bazooka just because he thought one day in high school he thought he might fight another high-schooler weilding a friggin' bazooka.
And he was right.

Well for two reasons, his fighting style aims towards disarming his opponents to lead a fight that results in the least violence as possible. Secondly, it's one of those "to stay by Medaka's side" things which lead to research everything in case something may happen to Medaka.

Kirito

Kirito

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 3 posts
  • LocationUnderworld

So i had a question.
We've seen Medaka beat Kumagawa. and even though we've seen Kumagawa beat Anshin once, now she just kind of dominates him for fun and profit.
We only got to see Medaka v. Anshin in a stupid election battle.
Medaka has the skill to learn an opponents skills and master it.
But Anshin has 4 quadrillion skills, one of which has gotta do something about that
So, without Hanten making any extra skills for Anshin...
Anshin VS. Medaka

Who would win?

I think it would be an endless fight, unless Aishin had a skill that will prevent medaka, learn more skills, but Medaka also learn that skill and then I think it would be a fight until one of the two died.
Ultimately either can win, But Medaka can use the MC power/skill to pull something spectacular to beat Ashin at the last moment, like any other MC.
Medaka WINS

Daru

Daru

Potato

• Members
  • 145 posts

...until one of the two died.

Well that would lead to Ajimus win because she will live far longer than Medaka (well... as far as we know at this point of time, Medaka doesn't have eternal life... Hmmm... But she grew faster when she was young... But now that doesn't seem to be the case anymore. Could she live longer than ordinary people? Is eternal life really completely out of the question? Perhaps she will only get 40 years old and then die (suddenly start to age faster when 39...)?! Omg... have to think about what that would mean for Zenkichi!

Now back to topic:
Well the most interesting fight would be Kumagawa against Zenkichi because it showed Zenkichis growth by letting him terrify Kumagawa instead of being terrified by him like he did at their first meeting. Also it was one of those occasions where Medaka cried for Zenkichi (and showed a bunch of other emotions) and also it was Zenkichis first step in becoming more "special" (besides being THE CHILDHOOD FRIEND) with meeting Ajimu and getting parasite seeing.

Edited by Daru, 05 September 2012 - 01:48 PM.