Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Photo

Master Author Blog/Translations Thread

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
169 replies to this topic

Will of NGE

Will of NGE

Couch Potato

• Members
  • 2,701 posts
  • LocationGeofront

I don't think Baam has been to floor 77 yet. Why the heck would he be all the way up there, if he has not yet passed floor 20's test?
I will guess that you cannot go to a higher floor unless you have already passed the test for previous floor. (As in skipping floors? This could be easily disproved later)

No, there is no way in hell that he was on the 77th floor.
And your guess is probably wrong. It took Urek Mazino 50 years to climb the tower, "he is recorded as the fastest person to climb the Inner Tower in a normal way".

fkq1S2q.jpg

Gif Response Unit

Spoiler

carb1r

carb1r

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 8 posts

I don't think Baam has been to floor 77 yet. Why the heck would he be all the way up there, if he has not yet passed floor 20's test?
I will guess that you cannot go to a higher floor unless you have already passed the test for previous floor. (As in skipping floors? This could be easily disproved later)

And your guess is probably wrong. It took Urek Mazino 50 years to climb the tower, "he is recorded as the fastest person to climb the Inner Tower in a normal way".

and wasn't the test set by Headon for Lahel's 1st test completed on the floor of tests? Does this mean she completed both the test for the first floor and the test for the second at the same time? Meaning she was able to accend to the second floor without passing the first floors test? Or does this not matter since Headon is the guardian for the first floor and can just send people above just to take his test?

Will of NGE

Will of NGE

Couch Potato

• Members
  • 2,701 posts
  • LocationGeofront

and wasn't the test set by Headon for Lahel's 1st test completed on the floor of tests? Does this mean she completed both the test for the first floor and the test for the second at the same time? Meaning she was able to accend to the second floor without passing the first floors test? Or does this not matter since Headon is the guardian for the first floor and can just send people above just to take his test?

People usually don't take the test on the first floor, Headon chooses who will be the regular, and then sends them to Floor of Test directly, many, many don't see Headon.
Those that enter the tower themselfs, or Headon just wants to give a test, then there will be a test on the 1st floor. Otherwise, it's straight for 2F if you're chosen.

And, Headon has some kind of a deal with Lahel, so her passing the 2F was probably guaranteed. But, she did not finish 1st and 2nd at the same time. She didn't even do the 1F, she was just sent up by Headon, and then manipulated into passing the second floor.

fkq1S2q.jpg

Gif Response Unit

Spoiler

carb1r

carb1r

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 8 posts

People usually don't take the test on the first floor, Headon chooses who will be the regular, and then sends them to Floor of Test directly, many, many don't see Headon.
Those that enter the tower themselfs, or Headon just wants to give a test, then there will be a test on the 1st floor. Otherwise, it's straight for 2F if you're chosen.

And, Headon has some kind of a deal with Lahel, so her passing the 2F was probably guaranteed. But, she did not finish 1st and 2nd at the same time. She didn't even do the 1F, she was just sent up by Headon, and then manipulated into passing the second floor.

Where did it state that nobody takes tests on the first floor? And why would Yu Han Sung congratulate Lahel on passing the 1st test that Headon made her do if she didn't even take one?

Will of NGE

Will of NGE

Couch Potato

• Members
  • 2,701 posts
  • LocationGeofront

Where did it state that nobody takes tests on the first floor? And why would Yu Han Sung congratulate Lahel on passing the 1st test that Headon made her do if she didn't even take one?

It was probably stated on the blog. Being chosen to climb the Tower is a test in itself (like a joke "So a seal walks into a club"). Headon, after selecting someone to be a regular, sends them to the 2F, where they will be tested further.
Lahel made a deal with Headon, and he provided her with Akryung, what happened next we don't know, as we don't know what happened after she accepted the deal.
We don't know to what extend Yu Han Sung was informed of the deal, or was he just playing along. You don't tell the cow you're taking them to the slaughterhouse, you don't tell Lahel what's really going on.

EDIT: Actually, I think Serena Rinnen talked about the Headon and the first floor, I think she was talking to Ship Leesoo after the Hide and Seek.

Edited by Stanislav Štefinovec, 24 February 2012 - 11:41 PM.

fkq1S2q.jpg

Gif Response Unit

Spoiler

fistsofrage

fistsofrage

Baked Potato

• Members
  • 1,596 posts
You guys are both terribly off and you need to go reread the manhwa lol.

Naver.com

Naver.com

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 95 posts
  • LocationSeoul, Korea
Rank 12
Spoiler

Spoiler

Are these guys immortal or what?

Slimy Fast Eel

Slimy Fast Eel

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 408 posts
  • LocationColombia

Yu Han Sung congratulate Lahel for passing the test where Akryung and Androssi killed everyone, i mean the other testing arena, the one that Quant was managing.

qujDmEH.jpg?1

bwwob bwwwobbubwub

Spoiler

A gross one

Spoiler

Wendy

Wendy

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 56 posts
  • Location77th Floor

Rank 12

Spoiler

Spoiler

Are these guys immortal or what?

Naver.com thanks again for a fine translation and helping out the community.

who is the other lord again? Molic, Zahard, and..........
Posted Image

Marduk

Marduk

Fried Potato

• Members
  • 605 posts
3 Lords???

WTF are these 3 lords??

Seriously, this gets more complicated with each passing day. Zahard princesses, walhaiksong, FUG, loan sharks, irregulars, 10 great families.

Damn SIU can make an elaborate plot.

EDIT: oh, and yes, thank you Naver for the translation. We appreciate it!

Edited by Marduk, 25 February 2012 - 12:15 AM.

c3z4r

c3z4r

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 24 posts

Thanks LaFa and Naver.com...now i wonder if characters in the tower who stop aging die of natural causes. If they don't, then just how freaking old are the indigenous people of the tower.

Indigenous people of the tower are not necessarily ageless. It's not the enviroment (shinsoo) that makes them immortal naturaly, it's something else we don't know about, yet.
Rankers however... "Rankers achieve immortality (age-wise) when they finish their climb." - ToG Wiki, Ranker

I know fully well that they achieve immortality from an age and body appearance perspective, i was just wondering if there is still the possibility of them dying of natural causes, like kidney failure or heart attack. I mean, thinking about it more in-depth I actually realize that if they really become immortal, meaning their organs,tissues,cells regenerate and continue to always function at the same rate, then it's not possible for them to change their appereance. They couldn't become fat or skinny, since their muscles and tissues stop evolving and devolving like normal humans, while also constantly producing cells that somehow make them stay the same. I mean, for example, there couldn't be any cholesterol accumulating in their blood stream and consequently blocking their arteries, no?

edit: Thank you naver for translating ranker #12 :D
I think everybody should think of the lords as the prime-ministers whom are the person in charge instead of the king,substituting him and taking care of bussiness, but contrary to modern monarchies, the king actually does hold the absolute power if he hypothetically wants to rule.Except there's no elections for prime-ministers, it's only 3 guys who take turns.

Edited by c3z4r, 25 February 2012 - 12:21 AM.

Naver.com

Naver.com

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 95 posts
  • LocationSeoul, Korea

Naver.com thanks again for a fine translation and helping out the community.

who is the other lord again? Molic, Zahard, and..........

Er... it says in the blog the 3 lords are Molic One P. GR, Joochun(translates to alcohol river because he loves alcohol), and Flux. Zahard's only the symbollic ruler for now...

Edited by Naver.com, 25 February 2012 - 12:21 AM.

potato

potato

Bikini Potato

• Members
  • 245 posts
Oh ok cool so Zahard is not one and thanks for the translation again Naver :).

Marduk

Marduk

Fried Potato

• Members
  • 605 posts
Would these 3 lords be like the Parlament?

Naver.com

Naver.com

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 95 posts
  • LocationSeoul, Korea

3 Lords???

WTF are these 3 lords??

Seriously, this gets more complicated with each passing day. Zahard princesses, walhaiksong, FUG, loan sharks, irregulars, 10 great families.

P.S. for the Phantaminum article by SIU
ps

설정은 만화의 구성요소 중 극히 적은 부분일 뿐입니다.
신의 탑이 판타지 계열의 만화이기 때문에 설정에 신경을 쓰고 있는 것일 뿐,
만화는 만화 자체로 즐겨주시면 감사하겠습니다^^

The settings are only a little part of this manhwa.
I'm just working on this because ToG is a fantasy based manhwa,
so please enjoy the manhwa itself^^

So we don't have to be too stressed out about these things :)

Marduk

Marduk

Fried Potato

• Members
  • 605 posts

3 Lords???

WTF are these 3 lords??

P.S. for the Phantaminum article by SIU
ps

설정은 만화의 구성요소 중 극히 적은 부분일 뿐입니다.
신의 탑이 판타지 계열의 만화이기 때문에 설정에 신경을 쓰고 있는 것일 뿐,
만화는 만화 자체로 즐겨주시면 감사하겠습니다^^

The settings are only a little part of this manhwa.
I'm just working on this because ToG is a fantasy based manhwa,
so please enjoy the manhwa itself^^

So we don't have to be too stressed out about these things :)

Yeah, it's not really stress. It's more like awe. SIU could elaborate a very intricate plot and background to it. And the background is so much fun!

It opens up room for so many theories. Clearly, the number of topics here have grown, as well as people posting. Because there is always more and more plot.

It simply amazes me. I became a big fan of SIU's work.

fistsofrage

fistsofrage

Baked Potato

• Members
  • 1,596 posts
Thanks a lot Naver. If you're having problems deciding which one to translate next, Yuri's great-grandmother or #13 are both equally good ^.^

Naver.com

Naver.com

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 95 posts
  • LocationSeoul, Korea
What do you think about Adori Zahard, rank 8? Is that translated or on the ToG wikia yet?

fistsofrage

fistsofrage

Baked Potato

• Members
  • 1,596 posts
Someone mentioned her age earlier, but no one has translated her yet.

Urek Mazino

Urek Mazino

Russet Potato

• tC Donator
  • 487 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Thanks a lot Naver. If you're having problems deciding which one to translate next, Yuri's great-grandmother or #13 are both equally good ^.^

I agree with this #13 looks like there's some interesting stuff there.

What do you think about Adori Zahard, rank 8? Is that translated or on the ToG wikia yet?

Adori isn't translated, but the wiki has a little bit off info on her. Thanks for another translation :) Edit: If you keep translating I'll keep putting it on the wiki :)

Edited by Urek Mazino, 25 February 2012 - 01:38 AM.

Disclaimer: I'm often rude without realising it so try not to get too offended.