Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Photo

Thoughts on the series/ author

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

omnipwnage

omnipwnage

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 222 posts
  • LocationOregon
Well, I just got done crossing this off my list of 'To Read' material, and I've got a lot of mixed feelings on the result. Though it did a really good job of telling it's story, their world, and the character development. The 'ending' was technically a complete ending, but the journey to it was incomprehensibly short. It almost felt like his slot in Jump had an expiration tag, and he wasn't able to get it extended. In addition to that, the author is also doing another work (Nisekoi) so a revisit is extremely unlikely.

So what were your thoughts on this read?

ValorantX

ValorantX

Baked Potato

• Contributor
  • 1,601 posts
Well obviously it wasn't the ending the author intended because it got abruptly canceled..... it didn't get enough votes apparently. But it did garnish a pretty sizable fanbase in Japan after it got cancelled. -.- Most people agree that it's a rare gem that didn't deserve an axe.

"Once you label me you negate me." - Soren Kierkegaard

omnipwnage

omnipwnage

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 222 posts
  • LocationOregon
What do you believe would be the chances of him making a spin-off or continuation in another serial? (Obviously it would be after Nisekoi is complete, which at this point seems close to a halfway point.. if he focuses on the story with light filler.) I know that most works that get canceled don't see the light of day again, but it's still a shame for such a good series to get nixed.

ValorantX

ValorantX

Baked Potato

• Contributor
  • 1,601 posts
Those things never happen, if Jump cancels a series it means they decided that it's not useful to the magazine anymore and it's a final decision, regardless of future potential.

"Once you label me you negate me." - Soren Kierkegaard

Damn_Skippy

Damn_Skippy

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 12 posts
  • LocationSomewhere in NYC
I do hope they continue this as a follow up or side quests. Great character development, and emotional content. We never know ho things will turn out, but I have faith that as the support rises, so will the interest in resuming this work.
The truth hurts but sometimes it's damn funny

Cake-kun

Cake-kun

Potato

• Contributor
  • 160 posts
  • LocationNot on your plate, hopefully

From the sources I read, there was some controversy regarding plagiarism.

Well, too bad, because I don't see much of what was stolen and what was not (isn't most series' full of cliches anyways?)

omnipwnage

omnipwnage

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 222 posts
  • LocationOregon

Well, too bad, because I don't see much of what was stolen and what was not (isn't most series' full of cliches anyways?)

I'm pretty sure the entire SJ magazine is a giant cliche. And if small occurrences were enough to get a series pulled, something as audacious as Gintama would have been rejected before it was even published. DragonBleaPiece anyone?

Cake-kun

Cake-kun

Potato

• Contributor
  • 160 posts
  • LocationNot on your plate, hopefully

I'm pretty sure the entire SJ magazine is a giant cliche. And if small occurrences were enough to get a series pulled, something as audacious as Gintama would have been rejected before it was even published. DragonBleaPiece anyone?

Apparently it was more then that. Though there's absolutely no explanation on this at all from the source. Just says author had to abandon ship because of it.

Devil's Ivy

Devil's Ivy

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 5 posts

After so many years, this manga still attracts readers :( I really want this to be continued, I have reread this 4 times :( 

I don't say Nisekoi is bad but I really don't like harem very much :( 

mrponeis

mrponeis

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 32 posts

Apparently it was more then that. Though there's absolutely no explanation on this at all from the source. Just says author had to abandon ship because of it.

The other only manga that I read that was about a couple that couldn´t release their hands under the threat of death was Maga-Tsuki... A little kawaii here a bit of ecchi there... while a good reading I don´t think that were any overlapping with Double Arts... and truth be told, it came way later (2011)

The flare ability seemed really original too... the concept with the sisters was well done and gave a good insight for these people that do (somehow) voluntary work...

questioning Sui's descendence from a 'warrior race' would be fucking retard, with the proper respect...

I sure don´t get the plagiarism issue... There were something really wrong with Jump's 2008 chief editor if you ask me...

Até mais ver

mr. Poneis

Zenith_Tempest

Zenith_Tempest

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 83 posts
Manga that need to be continued: first I wanted Black Cat, and now it's this. Where do I even begin? Interesting setting, lovable characters, very enjoyable fighting, very unique. Why was it axed? Because Japan has bad taste. They prefer stuff like Nisekoi over this. I'm not condoning Nisekoi, but it seems to me as though the Japanese actually ENJOY the same shit over again. After all, Nisekoi is only the 76th generic harem story that's being needlessly prolonged because the fans are too diehard over it. Nisekoi has reached the point where there are so many girls that there have to be certain chapters dedicated to a specific girl. Then she is forced to take backseat and wait until it's her turn again.
Please, Naoshi. I'm begging you. After Nisekoi ends, PLEASE continue this manga. For fun and enjoyment. It doesn't have to be serialized, just release it online. This is such a great concept and letting it die is a complete waste...

Disabling all limiters.

tumblr_nld3jcEGtn1r7hrmoo2_500.gif