Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Photo

Ultimate Manhwa poll

manhwa poll

• Please log in to reply
102 replies to this topic

Poll: Manhwa popularity poll (300 member(s) have cast votes)

Which one is the best manhwa out there?

1. Voted Tower of God (200 votes [25.03%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 25.03%

2. Veritas (17 votes [2.13%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 2.13%

3. Noblesse (63 votes [7.88%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 7.88%

4. Id: The Greatest Fusion Fantasy (29 votes [3.63%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 3.63%

5. Zippy Ziggy (11 votes [1.38%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 1.38%

6. Yureka (6 votes [0.75%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 0.75%

7. Voted Orange Marmalade (20 votes [2.50%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 2.50%

8. Voted Girl the Wild's (36 votes [4.51%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 4.51%

9. Magician (36 votes [4.51%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 4.51%

10. Crepuscule (21 votes [2.63%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 2.63%

11. The Breaker, TB: New Waves (55 votes [6.88%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 6.88%

12. Shin Angyo Onshi (14 votes [1.75%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 1.75%

13. Freezing and Others (=some other work of Im Dal Young) (6 votes [0.75%] - View)

14. Voted Kubera (79 votes [9.89%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 9.89%

15. Green Boy (12 votes [1.50%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 1.50%

16. Knight Run (2 votes [0.25%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 0.25%

17. Trace, Trace 1.5 (12 votes [1.50%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 1.50%

18. Dark Air (13 votes [1.63%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 1.63%

19. The Devil King is bored (7 votes [0.88%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 0.88%

20. Witch Hunter (23 votes [2.88%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 2.88%

21. Can't see Can't hear but love (10 votes [1.25%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 1.25%

22. Ares (14 votes [1.75%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 1.75%

23. The Legend of Tyr (4 votes [0.50%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 0.50%

24. Annarasumanara (27 votes [3.38%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 3.38%

25. City of Dead Sorcerer (15 votes [1.88%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 1.88%

26. Soul Cartel (6 votes [0.75%] - View)

27. Some other Manhwa not listed above (44 votes [5.51%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 5.51%

28. God of Highschool (17 votes [2.13%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 2.13%

Which one is better: manhwa or manga?

1. Manhwa (133 votes [44.33%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 44.33%

2. Voted Manga (72 votes [24.00%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 24.00%

3. Voted Oh my... I can't decide (pls don't choose this one if you can) (95 votes [31.67%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 31.67%

Vote Guests cannot vote

Popopapikurafic

Popopapikurafic

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 39 posts
  • LocationMiddle of Europe
I already added a 3rd one...

Euodiachloris

Euodiachloris

Mashed Potato

• Members
  • 7,336 posts
  • LocationUK
:lol: Wow, way to show your personal bias with pride, mate! <hugs, but still pounces on it> Seriously, though... it's bad form to try to skew a poll. Even a fun one like this. :)

PlotCap.png

~:Euo will do instead of my whole handle:~

Scanlation-author collaboration not possible?  Nope: it's doable... try Trace and vote with your feet to try to get more like this.

God of LoL

God of LoL

Sweet Potato

• Members
  • 10,556 posts
  • LocationIn the Bato.cave.

I see, well I'll go ahead and try it again at some point today ;)

If I enjoy it I'll personally thank ya both, oh and to your comment about popularity, I've never really taken much interest in number ones since, most Anime sites will list Bleach or Naruto S as #1 which I can't help but feel is undeniably wrong.

That's great. Not following the opinion of the masses is good.
You just got 5 stars from me, Mr.

kfi6l.jpg

Zabba

Zabba

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 34 posts
Ah, well I love Knight Run but, it's a bit too dark to be on the favorite poll I think. ^^ I also believe that Knight Run is not getting enough attention.

Based on how difficult it is to manage comics; Knight Run would definitely be in the upper tier of difficult content. The current team, Japanzai, does a great job. However, I wish they did have a better proof reader. :batoto_019:

Kind of wish The Company would pick it up again but, they are BUSY folk.

~ Woes of a Leecher :D

How do I add a spoiler tab >.>

Posted Image

Edited by Zabba, 08 September 2012 - 10:31 PM.

Ɗhaƞ Ʀaj

Ɗhaƞ Ʀaj

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 5 posts
no meloholic huh

JeD

JeD

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 49 posts
Most Manwhas of Team Getname are missing, which is sad, because seriously- They are all awesome <3
I voted Annarasumanara because it differs from all manwhas I know.
The story and artwork are so effing beautifull q.q
Just love it :D

1.Onani Master
2.Hoshi no Samidare
3.Annarasumanara
4.Everything by Team Getname (Superior,Meloholic,Hanged Doll, etc.)

Allthough first and second place are Mangas I generally prefer Manwhas cause almost every Manwha is awesome
(as someone said, mostly the good ones get translated)

suki888

suki888

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 271 posts
Most of it are good. but i have to choose one, tower of god. awsome

EndlessNight

EndlessNight

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 57 posts
are webtoons even considered Manhwa/manga or are they their own genre

Popopapikurafic

Popopapikurafic

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 39 posts
Umm i think they are considered manhwa, since the authors call themselves manhwaga. Meloholic wasn't that good... I won't put in more series in the poll cause there's apparently a limit to the number of possible choices.

E.G.O.I.S.T-ing ╥﹏╥

E.G.O.I.S.T-ing ╥﹏╥

Potato

• Banned
  • 176 posts
Only hardcore understanding manhwa fan read WH, and dumb fanservice lover read Shit Dal-Yong.

Code name: JJ

Agent number: -01
Combat ranking: SS*
Special abilities: Claymore, camper trolling.

Favorite line: "Greece is awesome, Russia is awesome, Germany is awesome, Asian is super awesome, I'M MAZIMUM AWESOMZEEE!!"
Favorite motto: F*ck yeah~ I trolled a camper~~~ >3<)t

PhoenixAUS

PhoenixAUS

Fried Potato

• Members
  • 541 posts
  • LocationUnder a sakura tree with a blue sky and a cooling breeze, sleeping soundly

Only hardcore understanding manhwa fan read WH, and dumb fanservice lover read Shit Dal-Yong.

Witch Hunter, 'hardcore' manhwa? I dont think so, imo ToG has a better story written and dosent put stupid jokes that witch hunter has.
OR Knight Run and Kubera.

Xagnam - My brother in KPOP

Boredoom

Boredoom

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 470 posts
  • LocationSweden or in the tree at 136th floor in ToG eating popcorns with God Kubera
My tied favourites, ToG and Kubera. Also love ID. (YES I DO, the fights in ch 80-90 to me is just sooo epic :D if you like fights, READ IT, AND THE ART IMPROVES BY MILES FOR EACH 20s CHAPTER. To bad it's so slow updating D: but it goes on! probably around 8 year old manwha, it aint going away!)

Knight Run, how i wished it was faster translations D: (Is it in like chapter ~50? Raws on some hundreds by now or?)

For the fighter lover, go read God of HighSchool, fights is... superb.

TB/TB;NW good ones, like the art.

WH, it has something that makes it alittle extra ;D to bad slow updating D:

Devil King is Bored, makes me laugh :D

And some more.

Manga vs Manwha? to me simple choice; Manwhas & Webtoons ( i rank them as one single), and i also like some european webtoons to :D but haven't read many, if u got a tip, please message it to me!

Why Manwha & Webtoons? well the color helps :D, most webtoons has high release rate, i like that.
BUT since when i compare them one to one, i drag all of the works into each category, and some Mangas has made me THROW UP, LITTERLY, some makes me feel bad just by thinking >>

THE ENDLESS "ECCHI" .... moderation exsist, if only the authors knew. So many new works is just ..... so much over the top, and many lead characters that's got so many disgusting .... parts, and.... i hope you understand my points.

ALSO; the REPEATING PLOTS so many repetitions i've read in "New works", it ticks me off.... i like some older mangas, i even rated Naruto highly, until i got towards the end (chapter 4-500+ i think) and from there it just sank..:/
Newer Manga works has killed it's domination for me :/ Even the once so good to me One Piece just dropped after the Time Skip in the manga itself D:

Manwha & Webtoons: What makes me prefer them SO much MORE is that most of them has a NEW plot, new ideas, that stands out. (Kubera, ToG being good examples)
I also prefer the art BY MILES, so many mangas is oversized breasts and tiny stickmens...

(Reptition when i usually post similar post; i can not follow threads that much, but i will try to^^)

Any discussion is welcome :D i just got 1 week holiday from school.

Edited by Boredoom, 26 October 2012 - 07:38 PM.

Posted ImagePosted Image

Spoiler

Proud Member of Kubera Wiki

Lustful

Lustful

Fried Potato

• Members
  • 606 posts
Oh well, between manga and manhwa i don't think i can choose one, because that depends on the manga/manhwa in question. :lol:

Euodiachloris

Euodiachloris

Mashed Potato

• Members
  • 7,336 posts
  • LocationUK

Meh: WH turned me off mid-way through... it was interesting enough, and then it tried to stretch too far of what it was capable of when the political part of Cerberus Syndrome struck. <_< And, the fanservice just frizzed my radar out even before that: quit with the ogles, and get with the plot, already! :P I've quit it: mind you, not in a rage-quit way, but in a more tired, "Dear Lord, not again... Cerberus is chewing up the furniture..." one.

For rage-quit, read Gantz or Freezing. :P

PlotCap.png

~:Euo will do instead of my whole handle:~

Scanlation-author collaboration not possible?  Nope: it's doable... try Trace and vote with your feet to try to get more like this.

Lustful

Lustful

Fried Potato

• Members
  • 606 posts

Meh: WH turned me off mid-way through... it was interesting enough, and then it tried to stretch too far of what it was capable of when the political part of Cerberus Syndrome struck. <_< And, the fanservice just frizzed my radar out even before that: quit with the ogles, and get with the plot, already! :P I've quit it: mind you, not in a rage-quit way, but in a more tired, "Dear Lord, not again... Cerberus is chewing up the furniture..." one.

For rage-quit, read Gantz or Freezing. :P

That's true, but I'll wait more chapters before judging it. ^_^

sorrow

sorrow

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 442 posts
  • LocationThe States, Colorado

You realize this is the most biased possible location to post such a poll? I mean, you'll get the answer you want, but I see such little point in it.

This is the only website that has TOG at the top most dont even have it in their top 20. That said I realy like TOG but this poll is so prejudiced its like little kids saying my mom is better than your mom.

You must die, I alone am best!

Posted Image

Signature: a swordsman in ‘Magician’

Spoiler

Popopapikurafic

Popopapikurafic

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 39 posts
About 50% or more of the people who read ToG say that it is one of the best they ever read. So i don't think that the place i post it really matters. It is meaningless to post somewhere where noone actally read it. And being in top 20 is pretty hard because everyone reads it either on batoto or mangapirate, so they won't generate views. Cause people want their weekly dose fast. I'm not really proud of it, but i already read every manga and manhwa out there that is at least a tiny bit interesting. And ToG is currently the best. Though it may decline later on (hope not).

Lustful

Lustful

Fried Potato

• Members
  • 606 posts

About 50% or more of the people who read ToG say that it is one of the best they ever read. So i don't think that the place i post it really matters. It is meaningless to post somewhere where noone actally read it. And being in top 20 is pretty hard because everyone reads it either on batoto or mangapirate, so they won't generate views. Cause people want their weekly dose fast. I'm not really proud of it, but i already read every manga and manhwa out there that is at least a tiny bit interesting. And ToG is currently the best. Though it may decline later on (hope not).

Indeed, ToG is good.

Lozalef

Lozalef

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 7 posts
A fairy tale for the Devil king
again
apartment
babo
Baby finger
black behemoth
breaker
Carmel macchiato
chaser
Cheese in the trap
dieter
dosa land
Dr.Frost
Estancia
helper
hwa-ja
kid-gang
Lee-mal yean series
Magican
moss
Now, Our school is
pink lady
sarasenia
timing
TLT(Tiger the long tail)
trace
Transfer student the storm bringer
With God

i like those manhwa even most of them are not included there though,,, haha

Tristus

Tristus

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 50 posts
  • LocationGermany
Well this list is kinda empty there is the list manga/manghwa that i currently read (or finished reading) http://no819.com/#mangas
I choose ToG, Noblesse, Breaker but I would like to choose Feng Shen Ji and TAL too, they are in the same class.
Spoiler