Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Photo

Dr. Frost Latest Chapter Discussion

• Please log in to reply
200 replies to this topic

Arka

Arka

Potato

• Members
  • 159 posts
Wow, he (sorta, or maybe definitely) smiled. MAYBE THIS IS THE START OF BAEK'S JOURNEY ON THE DISCOVERY OF COMPASSION. And the puppy is so cute! I hope he keeps on popping up in the story >.<

The scar on Dr. Baek's head, is that how he got damaged in the frontal lobe and became unable to feel some emotions?

svines85

svines85

Sweet Potato

• Contributor
  • 14,063 posts
  • Locationunderground like a wild potato

The scar on Dr. Baek's head, is that how he got damaged in the frontal lobe and became unable to feel some emotions?

It must be, right? I mean, I really don't remember there ever being mention of just why he didn't have the emotions or the exact reason that his condition was being monitored regularly.

I do remember a scene (somewhere in there) of him being younger and in an institutional setting, like a patient not a doctor. So that may well have been when he was recovering from whatever accident caused the injury. That would also explain why his doctor knew to monitor his brain with all the scans in the first place.

Tn7HA0h.png

Arka

Arka

Potato

• Members
  • 159 posts
Speaking of the doctor, does he have some hidden agenda? He showed this questionable expression, showed fake slides, was thinking about how things are going to end soon, pretty suspicious to me.

svines85

svines85

Sweet Potato

• Contributor
  • 14,063 posts

Speaking of the doctor, does he have some hidden agenda? He showed this questionable expression, showed fake slides, was thinking about how things are going to end soon, pretty suspicious to me.

Yeah, you're right, though I don't know if the "hidden agenda" is anything malicious or sinister though. Might just be pity or compassion, I don't know, maybe he just doesn't want to tell him bad news until he absolutely has to. Though indeed, someone earlier in this thread did mention that it's medically unethical to withhold info from a patient. Soooo, i guess we'll just have to wait and see.

Tn7HA0h.png

Secros Matias Supreme

Secros Matias Supreme

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 241 posts
  • LocationDisney World, All year-round
It's october now, what happened to Frost, is the author sick, are the translators busy, what happened?
Posted ImageFly me to the moon Let me play among the stars
Let me see what spring is like On a, Jupiter and Mars In other words, hold my hand In other words, baby, kiss me
Fill my heart with song And let me sing for ever more You are all I long for All I worship and adore In other words, please be true
In other words, I love you

Arka

Arka

Potato

• Members
  • 159 posts
Apparently a series of unfortunate events happened. Or something. Don't take my word for it.

Comadrin

Comadrin

Fried Potato

• Members
  • 799 posts
  • LocationManetheren, but more realistically Southern California
Nice chapter, although it didn't really move the story along much, except for Assistant Yoon seeing the Doctor in the audience at an idol performance. Knowing him, I'd guess he was there in a clinically dispassionate mode, and not to swoon over the idol. Anyway, glad to see Dr Frost up and running again.

svines85

svines85

Sweet Potato

• Contributor
  • 14,063 posts

Nice chapter, although it didn't really move the story along much, except for Assistant Yoon seeing the Doctor in the audience at an idol performance. Knowing him, I'd guess he was there in a clinically dispassionate mode, and not to swoon over the idol. Anyway, glad to see Dr Frost up and running again.

You might have just missed when chapter 45 was released, it was actually released by The Company on November 11, 2012..........they must have just changed something on it is why it showed up again as a "new release". Mangaupdates info......

http://www.mangaupdates.com/releases.html?search=63241&stype=series

Tn7HA0h.png

Comadrin

Comadrin

Fried Potato

• Members
  • 799 posts
Zat so? It's on my list of follows, which I check every now and then to see if I missed something, but I sure missed that one. I did see a couple of updates in another language, but didn't see the one in English. Well, I hope there's more of it down the line, along with several other really good webtoons (TFW, etc.).

svines85

svines85

Sweet Potato

• Contributor
  • 14,063 posts

Zat so? It's on my list of follows, which I check every now and then to see if I missed something, but I sure missed that one. I did see a couple of updates in another language, but didn't see the one in English. Well, I hope there's more of it down the line, along with several other really good webtoons (TFW, etc.).

Yup, I agree...................................................I guess we'll see.

Tn7HA0h.png

NightMareX1

NightMareX1

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 4 posts
  • LocationThe Moon
Oh my... that's sooo good and unnusual. Please The Company team, translate more of this.

Seriously, one webcomic that is not a fantasy and is really, really good as it is. I'll just keep w8 until then.

svines85

svines85

Sweet Potato

• Contributor
  • 14,063 posts
Yup, agreed, it's a great title.......

Tn7HA0h.png

Jiji Gundam

Jiji Gundam

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 2 posts
  • LocationFlorida
Starting to feel like the Company dropped the series entirely without telling anyone I mean their last translation is at CH45 the Raw is Currently at CH81 kind of a large disparity even if they had the project on Hiatus, which they didn't even announce if they did go hiatus on it. It's a real shame that these modern groups nowadays don't even bother doing Status updates on their projects, I'd rather have a group announce they've dropped it and allow for another group to pick it up rather then kill off a good series entirely simply because they've lost the passion to continue it on but allow their pride to prevent fans to continue to read the work in a language understandable to them.

shonryukku

shonryukku

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 433 posts
  • Locationnyc
batoto is might be owned by the company but it's not the company's website http://www.thcmpny.com/2184/summary-of-the-company-announcements/
The mark of greatness is when everything before you is obsolete and everything after you bears your mark
Posted Image

caitnap

caitnap

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 9 posts
I got curious and peek the naver website
I have no idea what they are all about, since this webtoon rely heavily on text...

Jiji Gundam

Jiji Gundam

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 2 posts
  • LocationFlorida
well I was more or less getting at, was they say do to lack of translators but rather then bothering translating it at all they started up on another Korean webtoon, aka I don't want this kind of Hero, which only started more recently, I know Dr. Frost is text intensive, but rather then the excuse of Lack of translators, it's more like Don't give a damn anymore is what I'm getting at. Also trying not to sound like a Total ass about this but, looking through their translations Dr. Frost kind of the odd man out genre wise.

svines85

svines85

Sweet Potato

• Contributor
  • 14,063 posts
@Jiji Gundam

Your point about this title not getting updates isn't necessarily wrong, but I personally don't feel right about saying anything about something that was only a hobby or a passion for someone in the first place. If a business quit doing something they were getting paid to do it would be one thing......but scanlators are pretty much hobbyists, if they get tired of doing it or something happens where they can't........what can anyone really say? If I had the skills to try to do it myself I'd have plenty of unfinished works in my lists to do.......but I don't. It is what it is, there's not a lot that can really be said or done.

Tn7HA0h.png

smthFishy

smthFishy

Baked Potato

• Members
  • 1,251 posts
  • Locationsubmerged

Post moved to raw.

Edited by Dried Seaweed, 21 April 2013 - 04:52 AM.

Comadrin

Comadrin

Fried Potato

• Members
  • 799 posts

This latest arc (the idol/stalker story) is quite interesting.  Professor Frost definitely sees a lot more than he tells everyone.  In a way, I'm beginning to wonder if Anna is the manipulator in all of this.  She looks like the victim on the surface, but it seems like everyone else is getting the shaft, one way or another.  And we still haven't found out why the other singer committed suicide.

Well, I have to edit this comment, because as soon as I posted it, the 7th chapter of the arc came up.  Things are getting more and more interesting, and I'm looking forward to more of it.

Edited by Comadrin, 12 June 2013 - 03:08 AM.

Rave Jai Ho

Rave Jai Ho

Potato

• Members
  • 114 posts

Ooh~ Finally we are touching upon Dr. Frost past!