Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Photo

what happened to the the english translations?

• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

Thiefstyle

Thiefstyle

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 5 posts
I'm sorry if I missed something that has been made apparent previously, but why are all the english translations suddenly gone?

kahahabahaha

kahahabahaha

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 5 posts
I'm wondering this too. :<

Frosti

Frosti

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 3 posts
I think I know, I had bookmarked Chapter"44" but when I saw the chp no. Inside the webtoon it was chp 51, maybe theyve uploaded chapter wif the wrong no. And r taking them down to correct it? If u wanna read the English ones go to webtoon live it's the English scan teams site.

The Maia

The Maia

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 1 posts
Chapters 58-60 are missing in english. Weird.

svines85

svines85

Sweet Potato

• Contributor
  • 14,063 posts
  • Locationunderground like a wild potato
Webtoon Live hasn't released chapters 58-60 yet, though mangapirate has, if you want to look at their version.......

http://mangapirate.net/Girls_of_the_Wilds

Tn7HA0h.png

omnipwnage

omnipwnage

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 222 posts
  • LocationOregon
Went to their forums; the team that works on GotW is on a mini hiatus, specifically the proofreader, and that's the main reason it hasn't been updated.

mhh

mhh

Babo Kim

• Administrators
  • 3,754 posts
You can expect to see more English translations for it on Batoto soon. Webtoon Live seems to have resumed their work. :)

svines85

svines85

Sweet Potato

• Contributor
  • 14,063 posts

You can expect to see more English translations for it on Batoto soon. Webtoon Live seems to have resumed their work. :)

Yaaayyyyy!!! Definitely a very good thing.

Tn7HA0h.png

mhh

mhh

Babo Kim

• Administrators
  • 3,754 posts
But it looks like their efforts were short lived. I'm pretty sure they aren't as motivated since MP is doing it as well now.

svines85

svines85

Sweet Potato

• Contributor
  • 14,063 posts

But it looks like their efforts were short lived. I'm pretty sure they aren't as motivated since MP is doing it as well now.

Yeah, it could be. Hopefully they're just busy though, they were doing a lot of work and releases on Welcome to Room 305 as well, but, not much of any releases recently.

Tn7HA0h.png

Edoc

Edoc

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 37 posts
Some of us are still waiting for their version, maybe one day they will come back.. some people care about quality, I rather learn korean than read that other version.

elektron00

elektron00

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 30 posts
Just go to www.mangafox.com and read it.

ArrJay

ArrJay

PotatoJay

• The Company
  • 360 posts
  • LocationRepublic City

Just go to www.mangafox.com and read it.

That's the mangapirate version, not everyone likes to subject themselves to their poor quality and/or mangafox in general.

The Company Editor~ I like to redraw things~

KorraSignature.png
Draco dormiens nunquam titillandus.
<Parakewl> If Rachel was from the UK she'd want to see the sun not the stars.

elektron00

elektron00

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 30 posts
^: Than you're very welcome to wait for a good version to come out. I'm not extremely picky about the resolution of the images or the translating job as long as it's acceptable.

Voij

Voij

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 8 posts
I was actually quite surprised by the mangapirate version of GotW, because the quality seems really good imho.
In direct comparison, I can only see two noticeable differences:
a) webtoonlive translates the sfx
B) they translate sentences differently, but both translate the same meanings

Imho, mangapirate uses better english than webtoonlive, although the latter one seems to be closer to the original in their translations.
I also dislike that webtoonlive translates almost all of the titles and naming-conventions, such as "hyung", due to which I feel some of the deeper meaning is lost.

In the end, though, I consider them roughly equal, with webtoonlive having the slightly better products due to the translated sfx. These sfx, to me, are not worth a several month long wait, though, especially due to the rather good quality of these mangapirate translations.

PS: The whole things completely different when it comes to something like Breaker, though. The mangapirate translations for Breaker just seem horrendously bad to me.

Canisferus

Canisferus

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 47 posts
I'm hooked on the Webtoonlive continuous strip-style instead of the page-style which is one reason I miss Webtoonlive's TL.

I think keeping the original FX and honorifics keeps the Korean atmosphere and teaches me a bit about Korean society and language. For the FX and honorifics, simply adding a small TL beneath or alongside the particular frame works best, imho. It seems that doing that might save work for the Redrawers but I dont know if that's true.

svines85

svines85

Sweet Potato

• Contributor
  • 14,063 posts

I'm hooked on the Webtoonlive continuous strip-style instead of the page-style which is one reason I miss Webtoonlive's TL.

Yeah, agreed. One of Batoto's biggest advantages to me is their long-strip format for webtoons............it's the biggest shame for some of the scanlations that are being done on a number of titles (this one for example) that can't, for whatever resson, be uploaded here.

One thing I will say, and not that I'm promoting them, but MangaCow has a long-strip option..........they're one of the groups that is scanlating this title. It's not like here where it's just automatic, there is an option that appears with the chapter you have to select to convert to long-strip. If you look at the top, right above the page you'll see it.........though MangaCow's translations really, really, reaaaalllllly leave something to be desired. >_<

http://mangacow.net/girls_of_the_wild_s/80/ (this is their version of the newest chapter)

Tn7HA0h.png

flowsthead

flowsthead

Baked Potato

• Members
  • 1,032 posts

Why doesn't Batoto upload the MangaCow or MangaPanda versions? Isn't it better to have something here for people to read every week even if it isn't the "best" quality version?

The face of the angel of history is turned toward the past. Where we perceived a chain of events, he sees a single catastrophe which keeps piling wreckage and hurls it in front of his feet. The angel would like to stay, awaken the dead, and make whole what has been smashed. But a storm is blowing from Paradise; it has got caught in his wings with such violence that the angel can no longer close them. This storm irresistably propels him into the future to which his back is turned, while the pile of debris before him grows skyward. The storm is what we call progress.
~Walter Benjamin

svines85

svines85

Sweet Potato

• Contributor
  • 14,063 posts

Batoto has a "do not upload" policy for MangaCow, those chapters probably won't ever be uploaded here.

I honestly don't think Manga Panda does their own version of GotW, I think they just take MC's version and put their watermark on it, they put their watermark on everything.............yeah, they're listed as a scanlator on MU but they don't list GotW under their releases.  And their stuff isn't allowed here either, it's all done with MangaBurn, which Batoto also has a "do not upload" policy on. 

http://www.mangaupdates.com/groups.html?id=4754

What can you say, Batoto has its principles, there's lots of stuff that either isn't here at all or has only partial content because of the policies of the scan groups or Batoto. 

Tn7HA0h.png

Zero0mega

Zero0mega

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 19 posts

If needed I could translate frof spanish to english, its up to a group if they need it