Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Photo

who da Heck???

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

Comadrin

Comadrin

Fried Potato

• Members
  • 799 posts
  • LocationManetheren, but more realistically Southern California
Woah!!! We have the innocent orphan, the pitiful fallen angel (demon, haven't figured out which), the strange priest (I'm a Catholic, so I know a bit about priests), and now we get some evil chick who wants to play S on our innocent, loving (grade school) heroine. As a lover of innocent girls (no loli or crap like that intended), this PISSES ME OFF! Innocence, male or female, is something that I respect, and respected among male Marines when I was in the Corps. People should take their own time to become adults, in whatever sense of the word you choose. ANYONE who drags an innocent child off, for whatever purpose, makes a total enemy of me. She is an orphan. If this is her biological mother, said mother should be begging her pardon on her knees for deserting her, not dragging her off with a demonic smile on her face. A situation like that would make me modify my life-long habit of not hitting females. Anyone who preys on abandoned children is totally beyond the pale. When I see these scum looking pitiful and claiming bad childhoods when they are in court, I only wish that I could pronounce their sentence myself, and carry it out. I have met abandoned children on several occasions, and it really sucks for them. To exploit them is something that I deem unforgivable.

Reading again, and looking closer, this may be a guy who grabs her. Even cooler, then, I would not have to feel guilty at smacking a female around. ANYONE who attacks an innocent girl, with a self-satisfied grin on his face, is fair game for any stray champions of justice, or just middle-aged retired jerks like me. I absolutely HATE anyone who hurts an innocent child, and wish that such a bastard would come up against an elderly looking individual like me. I don't like pain, but learned to live with it, and punks like that are a dime a dozen. Sorry, sonny, but old age and treachery (combined with the proper training) will always overcome youth and enthusiasm. Yeah, my bones are more brittle, but I know exactly where to hit and how to protect. If you ain't Ranma Saotome, you have sucked your last breath.

Edited by Comadrin, 14 August 2012 - 10:30 AM.

Purple Library Guy

Purple Library Guy

Fried Potato

• Donator
  • 695 posts
  • LocationCheck Rivendell, or Vorbarr Sultana, or Adrilankha. No? Try Vancouver.
I'm with you. Incidentally, I'm politically a leftist, but IMO there's been serious misinterpretation of all the sociological and criminological work that describes the statistics of crime relative to environment. Statistics are useful for saying "If this environment has these kinds of bad statistical results, make sure we don't have that environment so we don't get these statistical results". To me that's a no-brainer. They are not useful for saying "These individuals were influenced by an environment which increases the statistical chances of people becoming like them, therefore they bear less responsibility for their actions". Sorry, no. Individuals still retain the power of choice, and no matter the environment large proportions of people do not choose to prey on the innocent.
On the third hand, lots of what we define as crime does not particularly involve preying on the innocent; I'm perfectly fine with a mainly rehabilitation-oriented penal system when it comes to, say, theft (and given developments lately, if it comes to a bank job done without violence I'm tempted to award a freaking medal).

Comadrin

Comadrin

Fried Potato

• Members
  • 799 posts
  • LocationManetheren, but more realistically Southern California
I hear you. When younger, I used to wonder why bank robbers were often glamorized. After the news of the last few years, I understand perfectly!

darkspark

darkspark

Potato

• Members
  • 140 posts
  • Locationsomewhere over the rainbow

On the third hand, lots of what we define as crime does not particularly involve preying on the innocent; I'm perfectly fine with a mainly rehabilitation-oriented penal system when it comes to, say, theft (and given developments lately, if it comes to a bank job done without violence I'm tempted to award a freaking medal).

yeah, you know a victimless robbery where no one is hurt and the banks are bailed out by their insurer and increase the premium they have to pay. Which of course, "another punishment" for those "evil" banks. These banks top executive will have to cut cost like salaries of the lower tiers, health benefits of the lower tiers, the jobs of the lower tiers, etc, etc. But the "heroic" robber didn't hurt anyone.