Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Photo

LULz? No Minecraft player?

game minecraft play fun

• Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

bushwhacker2k

bushwhacker2k

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 485 posts
  • LocationNorth Carolina, USA

Did you try Byond games? The games are fun for the most part, it's usually the community who ruins them.

I played a few at the recommendation of a friend who used a Linux computer in 2009.

Now that you bring it up again I may check that out, thanks for the recommendation.

"This statement is not true."

foxyeisenhower

foxyeisenhower

Fried Potato

• Contributor
  • 795 posts
  • LocationKONY 2013 STOP SOPA RIP Spider-man too soon

The graphics were never an issue, this is an aesthetic style.

That is the popular opinion repeated ad nauseam but even if it's true I can't accept it as an excuse

look at how good Minecraft CAN look with mods http://painterlypack.net/

the fact that Notch didn't update ANYTHING graphically since alpha/beta is just insulting to the potential this game had
Minecraft beta had a cool aesthetic that made it popular for a short while but it could have been so much more

there's no point discussing wasted potential tho i'm just super salty because i used to drool over Notch's every tweet during alpha/beta
Spoiler

MezzoParody

MezzoParody

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 388 posts

That is the popular opinion repeated ad nauseam but even if it's true I can't accept it as an excuse

the fact that Notch didn't update ANYTHING graphically since alpha/beta is just insulting to the potential this game had
Minecraft beta had a cool aesthetic that made it popular for a short while but it could have been so much more

there's no point discussing wasted potential tho i'm just super salty because i used to drool over Notch's every tweet during alpha/beta

Why does it have to be an excuse? It's just the truth. This game isn't about the graphics, and thus you don't see anything fancy. Calling it an "excuse" implies that there's something undeniably wrong with it, but the value of a game doesn't always depend on how cool the graphics look, you know? Game are first and foremost about the gameplay, which is what people play Minecraft for.

PhoenixAUS

PhoenixAUS

Fried Potato

• Members
  • 541 posts
  • LocationUnder a sakura tree with a blue sky and a cooling breeze, sleeping soundly
you guys should watch "minecraft family" on youtube (chrisandthemike is what there channels called) thats what got me into minecraft

Xagnam - My brother in KPOP

bushwhacker2k

bushwhacker2k

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 485 posts
  • LocationNorth Carolina, USA

When there are as many people modding a game as Minecraft has, the person in charge hesitates on every decision, because they feel like most fundamental changes they cause will be overwritten with more advanced stuff.

I'm firmly of the opinion that the graphics are satisfactory in MC, but even if they weren't mods don't show any sign of slowing so they'll probably fix up something more pleasing (assuming they haven't already).

"This statement is not true."

E.G.O.I.S.T-ing ╥﹏╥

E.G.O.I.S.T-ing ╥﹏╥

Potato

• Banned
  • 176 posts
assassincraft, portalcraft, rpgcraft, well you guess it: There are too many great mod to handle nowadays.
I love Explosive+ mod: NUKE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Code name: JJ

Agent number: -01
Combat ranking: SS*
Special abilities: Claymore, camper trolling.

Favorite line: "Greece is awesome, Russia is awesome, Germany is awesome, Asian is super awesome, I'M MAZIMUM AWESOMZEEE!!"
Favorite motto: F*ck yeah~ I trolled a camper~~~ >3<)t

powha

powha

Vocaloid

• Contrib Mods
  • 1,117 posts
  • LocationGensokyo
You are confusing game style with the graphics. You can load high resolution textures pack, shaders and whatnot and the game will still be all squares. Because thats how the game is supposed to be. And its good as it is :)

Also, minecraft is stil very popular and probably has the biggest modding comunity.

After watching some youtubers (Yogscast, inthelittlewood and so on) i fell in love with minecraft. I started playing with a friend on my server(cracked), then we switched to Tekkit (oh god, that mod pack is so awsome.. =_=).
Now I got myself an original copy but I dont really play much, since playing alone is bit boring. Pretty much just watching them youtubers :/

So if anyone wants to play some tekkit or something maybe we can get to it :D