Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Photo

Nothing but Kumagawa

Kumagawa Medaka Box Naked Aprons Loser. Cunning Panties Screw Allfiction bookmaker Comedy

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

dustiler

dustiler

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 10 posts
  • LocationU.S.A
Hello and all! This will be a thread for nothing But Kumagawa and his ever so lustful Glory![attachment=1523:Dr. Stein lookalike.png]

Secros Matias Supreme

Secros Matias Supreme

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 241 posts
  • LocationDisney World, All year-round
I was going to start this thread, but ya beat me to it.

Now is anyone like Kumagawa. Or does anyone know someone like Kumagawa. Please describe your experiences. Using pseudonames of course. Please tell us your favorite Kumagawa-esque moments.

I for one am just like Kumagawa and ever since reading KumagawaBox, have the totally healthy desire to pierce people with giant screws. Just kidding, I lied. I don't have that desire at all.
Posted ImageFly me to the moon Let me play among the stars
Let me see what spring is like On a, Jupiter and Mars In other words, hold my hand In other words, baby, kiss me
Fill my heart with song And let me sing for ever more You are all I long for All I worship and adore In other words, please be true
In other words, I love you

Hungryman

Hungryman

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 57 posts
  • LocationRussia, Moscow, Red Square, Lenin's Mausoleum, the third board from the right
Kumagawa is definitely a dark hero. But you won't find anything like him so easily. The only thought that always come to my mind when I'm starting to think about it is that he is an illegitimate son of Joker and a japanese woman. If to think, his and Medaka relationships are alike the one batman and Joker have - Joker always tries to drive batman crazy. And Kumagava himself said that all Jokers were his friends, didn't he? Ok. jokes aside.

I've found out by chance someone who could possibly be Kumagava's predecessor or at last he looks like Kumagawa. And I've found him... in philosophy of Friedrich Nietzsche. His name is "The ugliest man" and look what his speaks about himself:

Art thou angry with me because I have already racked language too
long? Because I have already counselled thee? But know that it is I,
the ugliest man,
-Who have also the largest, heaviest feet. Where I have gone, the
way is bad. I tread all paths to death and destruction.
But that thou passedst me by in silence, that thou blushedst- I
saw it well: thereby did I know thee as Zarathustra.
Every one else would have thrown to me his alms, his pity, in look
and speech. But for that- I am not beggar enough: that didst thou
divine.
For that I am too rich, rich in what is great, frightful, ugliest,
most unutterable! Thy shame, O Zarathustra, honoured me!

Doesn't that sounds very Kumagawa-like? Their was also told, that The ugliest man was the one who "killed the God" because God could saw his inner thoughts and ugliness and felt compassion for hit. The ugliest man couldn't bare it and killed the God. I don't clam that something like this was in manga, but the idea itself - the old Kumagava would certainly do something like this. For all 100%. By the way, in the notes to his work Nietzsche wrote that "The ugliest man" is something like in Buddhism and that "the worse - the better". I hardly can image what he was tolking about, case I didn't found anything like Kumagawa in Buddhism.

Another Nietzsche's thought is : "you must gather everything evil inside you, case the good one in human is too weak" and this also a very minus-like way. He got a lot of phrases like that.

And not only this. It seems like Medaka was doing thins in the same way. Remember her love war and her habit to love her enemies more then friends. Another quote:

"Be at least mine enemy!"- thus speaketh the true reverence, which
doth not venture to solicit friendship.
If one would have a friend, then must one also be willing to wage
war for him: and in order to wage war, one must be capable of being an
enemy.

And there are a lot of moments in manga like this one, I don't write here a lot of other quotes, just because it will take to much time. The most Nietzsche-like moment was during Kumagava and Medaka's battle, when Kumagawa said he always loved Medaka while he always hate her, and she said practically the same about Kumagawa. This is really something you probably won't find anywhere. I can't put it in a better way but the manga just "smells" like Nietzsche's way of thinking. I have no proves than the author have read THUS SPOKE ZARATHUSTRA, but it feels so. Well, their is a possibility that he hasn't and their thoughts just match, but logically this mean than Nisio Isin is at least as good as Friedrich Nietzsche?... OMG, logic is a really strange thing...

Edited by Hungryman, 10 November 2012 - 08:43 PM.

sibkid

sibkid

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 16 posts
Well, I feel the main difference between being like kumagawa is his abilities as a minus. His power may have been based on his way of thinking rather than change it, but it certainly made it so other things would not change his personality. if kumagawa never had power, he never would have ended up or stayed as he is in the story. Therefore, no one can ever be like kumagawa.

IostsouI

IostsouI

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 42 posts
Kumagawa isn't exactly a villianesque hero. Despite his undeniably unorthodox behaviour there is something that makes his personality an undeniable soil to stand on. I think if you were to describe him in a manner then a joker wouldn't fit. He just screws around with the standard setting. Pun not intended. While he is indeed a great backstabber on levels that make him a better unheroesque figure than any other charakter thus far there are things that do not really fit to Nietzsche. Kumagawa is an eternal loser. The strongest minus and there for the weakest being. And in his weakness he is te strongest that explains his inability to win against the honest and fair, and his strength in breaking the will of his opponent. He does not provide a proper challenge. A total mismatch. Ugly, shamefull, painfull and unfair are his way to go because only in this manner he can feel utterly miserable. Yet a part of him that wants to win makes him a stable existance as a personality otherwise he could just have been a very awkward but empty villian. There is a part of him that does not act like he should, but then again doesn't go against what he is. It's hard to explain his full charisma.

wilsonyu343

wilsonyu343

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 30 posts
I love how Kumagawa can betray someone and commit horrible actions against other people but yet look so DAM cool at the same time. He is the coolest back stabber ever and I am also referring to current chapter 174 I hate lies. Kumagawa I am so surprised how you do not have a girlfriend yet.

Secros Matias Supreme

Secros Matias Supreme

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 241 posts
  • LocationDisney World, All year-round
It is because of what Anshin'in said on this page

http://vatoto.com/read/_/138013/medaka-box_ch168_by_cxc-scans/13

which explains why Kumagawa does not have a girlfriend that of which we know of.
Posted ImageFly me to the moon Let me play among the stars
Let me see what spring is like On a, Jupiter and Mars In other words, hold my hand In other words, baby, kiss me
Fill my heart with song And let me sing for ever more You are all I long for All I worship and adore In other words, please be true
In other words, I love you

Ariatha

Ariatha

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 296 posts
  • LocationTexas

Kumagawa is kind of amazing, actually. My favorite line from him is still "Hey jerk, it seems you only know how to fight in children's card games :)" And his sheer heartlessness at times is impressive. And crazy. The smile definitely suits him best. His charisma is impressive. He has achieved an amazing amount of horrible victories and was named "Naked-Apron Sempai." I admit that when he first appeared as a villain I never would have anticipated that he would win that nickname.

http://vatoto.com/read/_/908/medaka-box_ch84_by_cxc-scans/10 <-- favorite line

http://vatoto.com/read/_/908/medaka-box_ch84_by_cxc-scans/11 <-- what that line achieved.

In essence, I really love Kumagawa though he is an eternal loser and is moderately crazy at times.

Phil777

Phil777

Fried Potato

• Members
  • 649 posts
  • LocationMontrĂ©al

I never noticed the association with Dr.Stein, well played! XD

And yes, he is pretty awesome in his own right. I almost think he should be the protagonist of his own manga, but I feel he wouldn't like that himself. =/

dustiler

dustiler

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 10 posts
  • LocationU.S.A

He did have a side story where he had his no bras jeans harem but alas he lost....Again

Miki

Miki

Fried Potato

• Members
  • 570 posts
  • LocationIn the trash....

I still don't get the fact of his naked apron harem

tumblr_mj1tf4Zx0V1s6wcafo1_500.gif                             tumblr_nda9f1laEv1s74qeso2_250.png

Spoiler