Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Photo

Recruitment: Moderators of Batoto

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
23 replies to this topic

Grumpy

Grumpy

RawR

• Administrators
  • 4,078 posts
  • LocationHere of course!
Hello everybody!

Well, seems we're lacking a bit of hands to maintain this website, so, we're looking for help! The following positions are open:

Position: Forum Moderator. (Openings 1~2)
Job Description: Moderating the general forums. This involves tasks such as: removing spam, stopping flame wars, warning misbehaviors in the general forums. Overall, your job will be to keep peace in the community.
Requirements: Someone who is mature, composed and has a lot of common sense. Complete and thorough reading of our forum rules are a must. And above all, we want to know that we can trust you to take the right actions.

We might hire a second person to moderate some of the popular comic forums depending on applicant interest.

Position: Contribution Moderator. (Openings: 1~2)
Job Description: Approval & disapproval of user uploads. This involves tasks such as: reviewing the unapproved queue, responding to requests in QA forums.
Requirements: Training will be taken place first, so please be aware of that. Someone who is mature, composed and has a lot of common sense. Complete and through reading of our forum rules and hosting policies are a must. And above all, we want to know that we can trust you to take the right actions.

Please note that if you do become a moderator, your words will be that of a Batoto staffs'. As such, please be sure to carefully consider what you say and do and/or specify that the words you say are of your own and not of the staffs'.

All official communication will be made via the forums in PM and responses.

To Apply
Please fill out the following and reply in this topic.

Name: Name you want to be identified with. Not necessarily your real name.
E-mail: Please only specify if it differs from one you registered with. Please note that this is a public forum.
Age (optional) / Age Range (required): If you do not wish to provide your age, you MUST select an age range: [Under 13] [13-17] [18-29] [30 and up]
Location (optional) / Time Zone (required): If you do not wish to provide country/geographic information, you MUST provide your rough time zone so that we know of your availability.
Position Applying For: Forum or Contribution Moderator.
Experience: If you have any experience.
Time you can dedicate: Such as hours per week.
Additional Note: Anything else you wish to add.

Deadline
August 10th, 2012

======================

This is NOT a discussion topic. Please keep to applications ONLY. Discussion topic is available here.

hados9

hados9

Russet Potato

• Contributor
  • 352 posts
  • LocationIn line for Moderator
alright seeing as i have been around for a while and since the last recruitment drive ill go first

Name: Hados9 (Hayden M)
E-mail: Same as registered 1
Age (optional) / Age Range (required): 17 years old :D
Location (optional) / Time Zone (required): Sydney New South Wales Australia
Position Applying For: Contribution Moderator
Experience: I have been moderator on many servers for games and other forums that i have been on in the past and the now non-existent group Kaizoku Scans i was vice leader so i was in charge of people and the forums and getting the work done and other things
Time you can dedicate: about 8 hours a day as i can be on all day at school and then when i get home i can do more hours as well so its a lot
Additional Note: Need anything in particular let me know on msg or email and ill answer

Dedicated Uploader- Hados9

Posted Image

Posted Image

SoundSpark

SoundSpark

Baked Potato

• Retired Mods
  • 1,644 posts
Name: SoundSpark
E-mail: Same as I registered with
Age (optional) / Age Range (required): 21
Location (optional) / Time Zone (required): Michigan, USA, EST
Position Applying For: Contribution Moderator
Experience: I have experience dealing with people and forums, helped out as a moderator on a game forum and on a forum that mostly dealt with music/updating recent events about certain music artist.
Time you can dedicate: 4-8 hours depending on the day and what is going on. More then willing to be on longer if the need arises.
Additional Note: Currently enrolled in College. Also feel free to drop me a PM if you have any questions.

Edited by SoundSpark, 04 August 2012 - 08:47 PM.

Zero King

Zero King

Fried Potato

• Contributor
  • 866 posts
  • LocationThe World I Designed
Name: Zero King
Email: same
Location/time zone: Sacramento California/Us Pacific time
Position applying for: forum moderator
Experience: I am a moderator for a writing site and for a deviant art group as well as its co-leader.
Time you can dedicate: as much as needed
Additional Note: I am an art college student

hero

hero

Baked Potato

• Contributor
  • 1,381 posts
Name: hero
E-mail: same as I registered with.
Age (optional) / Age Range (required): 20-25.
Location (optional) / Time Zone (required): Germany/CEST.
Position Applying For: I would prefer contribution moderator, but I am also ok with forum moderator.
Experience: I have lot´s of experience with dealing with people. I am also an admin at Kiss Scans.
Time you can dedicate: 4-8 hours a day (I always have my laptop with me, so I am always on)
Additional Note: hmm, don´t know what to say, if you have any question just PM/e-mail me.

Edited by hero, 04 August 2012 - 02:38 PM.

Anju

Anju

Potato

• Members
  • 154 posts
  • LocationNot In Canada
Name: Anju
E-mail: [email protected]
Age (optional) / Age Range (required): 18
Location (optional) / Time Zone (required): Canada, North American Eastern Time Zone
Position Applying For: Contribution Moderator.
Experience: I use to work for OtakuZone in the anime and manga wiki base so i have lots of experience of over 3 years.
Time you can dedicate: I'm on Batoto for about 4 hours intill everyone signs off. But i tend to go on batoto different times of the day just lurking and checking stuff out.
Additional Note: I'm great with people, and with helping and solving problems.

Posted Image

Arlo

Arlo

Potato

• Members
  • 145 posts
Name: Arlo
E-mail: Registered.
Age (optional) / Age Range (required): [30 and up]
Location (optional) / Time Zone (required): US Mountain time (UTC-7)
Position Applying For: Forum Moderator, more likely. Either would certainly be okay, but forum would probably be a better fit for my skill set.
Experience: None as a moderator, but I have an embarrassment of riches in forum experience, maturity, integrity and command of the language.
Time you can dedicate: As many hours as you might need. Free time is something of which I have entirely too much.
Additional Note: I've never moderated a forum, but I've long wanted to. I've been hoping for a while now that this one would want moderators, since it's one I particularly enjoy.

Dafortminor

Dafortminor

Omnipotence

• Global Mods
  • 752 posts
  • LocationEverywhere
Name: Daffy/Dafortminor
Age (optional) / Age Range (required): 21
Location (optional) / Time Zone (required): Chicago, Illinois (Central USA)
Position Applying For: Forum Moderator.
Experience: I been admins in many scan groups, I have also some forum experience in other categories not just manga related. I have also learned to stay patience at time when talking to someone or replying.
Time you can dedicate: I would say around 56-63 hours, since I am on mostly 8-9 hours a day
Additional Note: I will be pretty much online even due to college, since my college classes are only morning based and not evening-night.
Best and fastest way to contact me is via Discord: Daffy#9194.

Cʜɪʟʟɪɴ_Pᴀɴᴅᴀ

Cʜɪʟʟɪɴ_Pᴀɴᴅᴀ

Couch Potato

• Donator
  • 2,447 posts
  • LocationMelancholy Hill~
i guess you already know me but yeah i can say all info you need in that format too ;3

Name: Leonardo
E-mail: same as registered ([email protected])
Age (optional) / Age Range (required):[18-29] 22
Location (optional) / Time Zone (required): +2
Experience: I know most of active forum members and follow many forum issues already.
Time you can dedicate: most of my free time, maximum 3~4 hours per a day
Additional Note: i'm active on forums more than 150 days
if you have an interest for my application, i have an idea that we can talk with PM.

Thanks

Edited by Leonardo Le Meilleur, 04 August 2012 - 07:53 PM.

Steam   Playlist   Tumblr   Watchlist   M.A.List

Spoiler

S.C.

S.C.

Baked Potato

• Contributor
  • 1,258 posts
  • LocationThe Epicenter of Indifference
Name: S.C.
E-mail: As registered.
Age (optional) / Age Range (required): 20
Location (optional) / Time Zone (required): CEST
Position Applying For: Contribution Moderator.
Experience: None.
Time you can dedicate: 3-9h per day.
Additional Note: I'm pragmatic and a bit of a perfectionist.

Posted Image

Aurega

Aurega

Fingerling Potato

• Contributor
  • 64 posts
  • LocationVI-scans
Actually, I'm withdrawing my application due to RL issues and me wanting to focus more on scanlation.

Edited by Aurega, 08 August 2012 - 07:07 AM.

thearux

thearux

Fried Potato

• Members
  • 573 posts
  • LocationUruguay
Name: Thearux
Email: As registred.
Age (optional) / Age Range (required): 22
Location (optional) / Time Zone (required): Uruguay
Position Applying For: Forum Moderator or Contribution moderator (though Im new into contribution).
Experience: Ex moderator from mangafox, I got fired because I got a big discussion with the other supermods about their politics, been in multiple forums and have a general knowledge on how to manage most of the situations given.
Time you can dedicate: Per week around 12hs or more, depending if I have exams or not.
Additional Note: I tend to be extremely serious with work, and moderation counts as one, so I may have some attitude changes, like not being goofy anymore.

Edited by thearux, 10 August 2012 - 03:59 AM.

seyrine

seyrine

Unemployed Kitty In A Penguin Suit

• Administrators
  • 1,830 posts
  • LocationLurking nearby...
Name: seyrine
Age / Age Range (required): 20-25
Location / Time Zone (required): normally UTC +8 (UTC +2 for August)
Experience: No online moderating experience.
Time you can dedicate: Minimum of 4 hours a day
Additional Note: Pacifist, with actual psych training (not that is helps ^^), , currently doing post-grad stuff (hence the timezone change) but still has way too much time on his hands. Always willing to discuss issues, no matter how awkward or weird they may seem. "Google-master" (this is on my actual resume)

Catch my story; the Neverender Series

Batoto's Rules Repository | Rules, Guidelines and FAQs

Rules and Regulations | How to get help | Frequently Asked Questions

If all else fails, PM me. And use the REPORT button if you see any content that may violate site policy.

Catch me on irc.idlechat.net (#seyrine) and D.F.T.B.A.!

Shinmaru

Shinmaru

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 77 posts
  • LocationPuerto Rico
Name: Shinmaru
E-mail: As registered.
Position Applying For: Forum Moderator
Experience: Was Administrator in "otlandcraft.znote.eu"(Minecraft Server Forum)(now defunct), active member in otland.net since 2007, had previous experience with personal forums and currently Admin of summus-va(Visual Novel Forum[new])
Time you can dedicate: Approximately 10 - 20 hours a week, since I work on week ends and have the Visual Novel project running.
Additional Note: I still don't have much of presence here in this forum, but my presence in otland.net can speak heaps about me. I'm Mature towards any kind of discussion, fun to talk to, integrate towards the forum and its members, in general I'm not someone to disappoint others.

Edited by Shinmaru, 06 August 2012 - 05:14 AM.

Kreian

Kreian

Baked Potato

• Members
  • 1,337 posts
Name: Dara
E-mail: as registered with.
Age (optional) / Age Range (required):20
Location (optional) / Time Zone (required):north america west coast
Experience: none as a moderator but Im good at dealing with people
Time you can dedicate: Im on pretty much all the time I have free time (6-12 hrs a day)
Additional Note: PM me for any questions

Edited by Dara, 06 August 2012 - 06:37 AM.

tumblr_m792o1vknh1qj0scwo6_250.gif

Hav0k

Hav0k

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 278 posts
  • LocationNaboo
Name: Saira
E-mail: Similar
Age (optional) / Age Range (required): 19
Location (optional) / Time Zone (required): Ireland ie. GMT
Position Applying For: Forum Moderator
Experience: Nil
Time you can dedicate: Varies but min. would be 5 per day, might increase when college starts since my major strictly involves working with computers.
Additional Note: Find it easy to adjust and communicate within a community, no favouritism when dealing with serious scenarios and having a notion of neutrality. Trustworthy, understanding and responsible is what maturity truly stands for.
Thanks.
Posted Image

Long Live CTI

Aguirre

Aguirre

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 99 posts
Name: Aguirre
E-mail: Similar
Age (optional) / Age Range (required): 26
Location (optional) / Time Zone (required): Scotland, GMT
Experience: Yes, at now semi-defunct forum over at animefuel.com
Time you can dedicate: On average, I'm at my computer 6-7 hours per week, always checking in regularly.
Additional Note: Moderate WITH A DON!

Senesce

Senesce

Potato

• Members
  • 138 posts
  • LocationRivendell
Name: pyxie (a.k.a. psychia)
E-mail: pyxie[at]hentaitake[dot]net
Time Zone: +8 GMT
Experience: Former mod in now defunct DDL-Hentai. Handled site work and forums since 2009. Currently staff in other hentai site(s)/subgroup. I've played around forums with phbb, vBulletin and other lite versions.
Time you can dedicate: Weekdays [17:00-23:00] and weekends
Additional Notes: Due to the nature of the work, I have met a lot individuals who test your patience and understanding. As long as people follow the rules and maintain a polite conduct within the forums, there shouldn't be any problem. I have no qualms in enforcing rules.
"Remember this always: the fly, even in paradise, must always exist on shit."
- Frances Pauli from The Fly in Paradise

Thunder Wolf

Thunder Wolf

Fried Potato

• Retired Mods
  • 656 posts
  • LocationDiscord
Name: Thunder Wolf
Age (optional) / Age Range (required): 19
Location (optional) / Time Zone (required): Miami (GMT -6)
Position Applying For: Forum Moderator or Contribution Moderator.
Experience: I do youth leadership events, I help moderate a group or two on skype with Batoto members in it.
Time you can dedicate: around 8 hours a day.
Additional Note: I follow instruction well and I'm willing to learn anything you need me to. I don't post a lot so there shouldn't be too much of a problem with what I say. When I do post, I try and be constructive and helpful. I have an abnormal sleep schedule. I tend to be awake according to New Zealand's time (GMT +12)

Edited by Thunder Wolf, 08 August 2012 - 01:26 AM.

2z50p6t.png

Grumpy

Grumpy

RawR

• Administrators
  • 4,078 posts
  • LocationHere of course!
It seems we're getting a lot of applications. Bit more than I anticipated. hehe. <3

So, I'll be closing applications and set the deadline to the 10th of August. After that, we'll get to evaluations and promotions.

Thanks to all those applied.