Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Photo

What next?

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

MrAnarchist

MrAnarchist

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 298 posts
  • LocationFrom Ravnica to Theros, from Innistrad to Kamigawa, I'm in no single place for too long
So apparently Belldandy's mum has arrived and is apparently here to prevent Keiichi's relationship with Belldandy to blossom. Why I ask? Does anyone have Amy ideas as per what will happen? What about reason as per why this is going on?
So Ulamog and Kozilek are dead, FOR GOOD. but Ugin made a good point: there's no telling how many eldrazi there are in the Blind Eternities and whether they will seek revenge.

It REALLY sucks when a pacifist makes you guilty for killing monsters.

10.jpg

17.jpg

19.jpg

Comadrin

Comadrin

Fried Potato

• Members
  • 799 posts
  • LocationManetheren, but more realistically Southern California
Dunno. I've been following this pretty much since Megumi's appearance way back when, and I never really understand where it's going. I certainly enjoy it, but I have trouble understanding that there was a damper on K1's lust from the time of the first meeting. I mean, the earlier chapters were about him trying to play Barry White through a walkman (without speakers) to get her into the mood. That was also why he didn't want Meg there. He also nearly loses his mind every time her skirt flips up. I realize he's definitely not the get-'em-in-the-rack-ASAP type of player, but in the beginning he had a perfectly healthy libido. Perhaps it is a plot device thought up somewhere along the mangaka's journey. Plots, especially long running ones, do change, and with a weekly or monthly release, it's hard for the author to go back and change the earlier episodes.

Off the subject, but still pertaining to Fujishima Kosuke's works, does anyone know if someone is going to scanlate more of "You're Under Arrest," (Taiho Shichauzo)? A site no longer on the web, Man@@toshokan, had more chapters than mangaupdates indicated have been scanned. I just wondered, because Dark Horse had the US copyright, but stopped publication after a very few chapters. It is extremely funny, and has just as wild a bunch of characters as AMG.

MrAnarchist

MrAnarchist

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 298 posts
  • LocationFrom Ravnica to Theros, from Innistrad to Kamigawa, I'm in no single place for too long
I'm not so sure about the other manga, but I do agree with you a but on the plot change. I've seen it a few times
So Ulamog and Kozilek are dead, FOR GOOD. but Ugin made a good point: there's no telling how many eldrazi there are in the Blind Eternities and whether they will seek revenge.

10.jpg

17.jpg

19.jpg

Comadrin

Comadrin

Fried Potato

• Members
  • 799 posts
What next, indeed? Bell and Keichi are going through the interspecies love judgement gate (kind of a mouthful!). I guess (unless there is a bizarre plot twist coming down the line) that we are getting close to the end. Of course, close, after 287 chapters could be another thirty or forty more. I am assuming some sort of happy ending, as I can't see Keichi going back to the NIT dorm and running Tamiya's and Ohtake's errands again. Belldandy's mom seems to be a bit of a jerk. She starts by insulting Hild about not being able to hold on to her lover (whom she took away), then is fairly insulting to her own daughters, and then gives Keichi a choice for a lose/probably lose decision. Not what I would call the epitome of caring and understanding. Kind of goes back to the Norse and Greek pantheon being a pretty self-centered and haughty bunch of jerks who just happen to have the power of life, death, and a few other things. Looking forward to how things turn out, and hope that the Goddess scan team does some of them.

Edited by Comadrin, 12 August 2012 - 06:53 AM.

Graeystone

Graeystone

Potato

• Members
  • 141 posts
  • LocationNW PA
I don't think Bell's mom is a jerk. The same with Hild. As shown in 287, they are both naive about things they should not be because they do not know the word 'misunderstanding' and what it means.

Posted Image

Power without Love leads to tyranny. Love without Power to protect will fade.

The only absolute thing about absolute techniques is that sooner or later somebody absolutely breaks them.

There are no fan-boys. Just an-girls who don't need a bra and their plumbing is on the outside.

MrAnarchist

MrAnarchist

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 298 posts

I don't think Bell's mom is a jerk. The same with Hild. As shown in 287, they are both naive about things they should not be because they do not know the word 'misunderstanding' and what it means.

HA!

10.jpg

17.jpg

19.jpg

omnipwnage

omnipwnage

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 222 posts
  • LocationOregon
As for the possible routes this arc can bring across, I see it generally following any of these three... 1 - K1 and Bell overcome the trials of the door (most probable. This would move the underlying plot in a new direction and help create some new stories.). 2- they fail the trial of the door and never meet again (bad end. would be used if the mangaka wants to end his work very soon, or is forcing a conclusion. Least likely.). 3- they fail the trial of the door, but K1 overcomes fate and meets/ reunites with Bell (neutral. would be used if he doesn't want to move the two's relationship from the current stalemate.)
--This is all just speculation based on personal opinion--

As for 'the end is near,' I have a hard time seeing it outside of the 'bad/ neutral end' for this route. Mainly because this entire series is rather episodic. Even if the underlying plot (the evolving relationship between K1 and Bell) has a new element, the larger portion of this series is composed of the situations encountered by the main and ensemble cast. All that being said, it's impossible to say what the mangaka will do with his work, so everything is just up for speculation.

Edited by omnipwnage, 26 August 2012 - 04:21 PM.

MrAnarchist

MrAnarchist

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 298 posts
Honestly, despite the fact that I love this series, I honestly thing that it should end. This arc seems to be the final climax and it should. Unless some unsuspecting plot twist occurs, then the ending is pretty predictable and then nothing more is left to do

10.jpg

17.jpg

19.jpg

Comadrin

Comadrin

Fried Potato

• Members
  • 799 posts
Well, if this is the final arc, I wonder how many chapters it's going to go for. Some of them took quite a while, and others were wrapped up fairly quickly. I just hope it is not ruined by a "hurried ending," the way so many promising manga are ended when whatever magazine doesn't want to publish them anymore. As popular as AMG is, I don't think that's going to happen though.

sidzero

sidzero

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 22 posts
  • LocationNowhereland
This manga has been running for nearly 25 years now. I wouldn't be surprised if it was heading towards an ending (so many manga these days seem to be doing so), but I suspect it isn't. Though if it is, I suspect "the choice" that K1 is supposed to be making is whether or not to become a god, something I've suspected for a LONG time as to how this manga would end, and recent chapters seem to be suggesting. But, as I said, I suspect it won't be ending anytime soon, because (and maybe this is just my own interpretation of things) this manga seems to have become that which Fujishima Kousuke's career revolves around, kinda like how Oda Eiichiro has made his career revolve around One Piece, though perhaps more like how Toriyama Akira made his career revolve around Dragon Ball (since they both had popular series before their career piece, but it was the career piece that made them famous). Maybe when he's ready to retire, he'll end this manga, but who can really say? Either way, AMS was the first manga I ever read, and will continue to be one of my favorites, and I'm certain that I will read it until it does end.

On another note, props to the guy with the Ataru avatar. Urusei Yatsura is another of my all-time favs.

Comadrin

Comadrin

Fried Potato

• Members
  • 799 posts

Well.  We get Belle's Dad, and he shows up with just as much of a caring temperament as her Mom.  It seems that Fujishima Kosuke chose the Norse gods for his supernatural characters wisely.  Omniscient, omnipotent, and less empathy and compassion than it would take to fill an eyedropper.  The "all-powerful-big-daddy-of-all" makes an incredibly decent mortal risk his life in a "contest" loaded against him to prove his love.  All this while making sarcastic remarks and never removing the smirk from his face.  If he was the epitome of the almighty, I'll take a plate of hash instead.  All powerful or not, what an a**h@#e!

Comadrin

Comadrin

Fried Potato

• Members
  • 799 posts

Hmm!  With the latest chapter, it looks like the "all-powerful" really isn't.  He gets royally (or maybe divinely) put in his place by the Lady of the Lake, whom he considers a lowly subordinate.  Then this "Almighty/Father of Everything" pouts like a kid who's had his BB gun taken away for shooting the family pet with it.  Not quite the grandeur of the gods from Gotterdamerung!

MrAnarchist

MrAnarchist

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 298 posts

Hmm!  With the latest chapter, it looks like the "all-powerful" really isn't.  He gets royally (or maybe divinely) put in his place by the Lady of the Lake, whom he considers a lowly subordinate.  Then this "Almighty/Father of Everything" pouts like a kid who's had his BB gun taken away for shooting the family pet with it.  Not quite the grandeur of the gods from Gotterdamerung!

maybe he is a kid, or rather a kid in a adult's body. He seems curious of what he doesn't know and can't stand changes that he has no power over

10.jpg

17.jpg

19.jpg

Comadrin

Comadrin

Fried Potato

• Members
  • 799 posts

Well, it's been quite a journey (a quarter of a century worth).  I started reading this manga early on, when Megumi first showed up in the early chapters, and have been devoted to it since.  While the ending didn't seem really rushed, I wanted to know more about the minor characters, and what happened with them after the failure of the demonic coup (Sora, Sayoko,  Megumi, and Chihiro).  Hopefully there'll be an omake of some sort to let us know that Sora didn't end up with "rock of Gibraltar" sized breasts forever and that Sayoko isn't carried off to a harem by a prince that makes Keith Richards look like a complete bishounen.