Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Photo

What are your thoughts on the manga so far and what do you hope to see in the future

Akame ga kill future

• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

WolfFlow

WolfFlow

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 55 posts
This is an awesome manga so far how long do you think it can keep its awesomeness? what do you think about the teigu and the characters... I personal y don't like tatsumi armor teigu.

noobarta

noobarta

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 13 posts
Story's good so far, several main characters have already died off so you kind of wonder who's next. I'm just hoping for a good ending cause that can make or break the entire story in my opinion

vaendryl

vaendryl

Potato Spud

• Donator
  • 13 posts
the first chapter was absolute genius. looking at how it's progressed it looks like the story is very flimsy and the characters are pretty shallow. the action is decent however, and the gratuitous gore keeps it interesting. the world/setting is remarkably well crafted and the art is top notch. I'll not speak of the dialogue with a fan translated work.

I find it an interesting mix of comedy at one point and brutally murdering main characters the next. The characters are varied and each quite unique and the author tries adding depth with back stories but somehow it feels they still remain fairly flat and stereotypical. it's a shame as this lessens the impact killing off team mates should have. maybe he started doing that too early. I'm not sure.

overall it's enjoyable with quite a bit of potential, and it might even see an anime adaptation somewhere down the road... but I assume the adaptation would be relatively liberal.

In nearly any other manga I'd be pretty sure of a face heel turn from esdese, but now it really could go both ways. with the alternative her dying a remarkably bloody death after saving the shitty main characters worthless life. one might hope he'll grow a bit less naive after such an incident. I applaud the author for making this not very obvious.

I don't really have a preference either way. having her around in the future would give a few laughs as she is pretty awesome. having the MC turn more badass would also be a win.

Edited by vaendryl, 08 July 2012 - 11:56 PM.

Iron_Maw

Iron_Maw

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 13 posts
It's rare that I get addicted to manga as I do this. IMO this good example how do to shounen "right". A good story that follows a logical path while still keeping it's audience guessing with great use of foreshadowing and world building. Characters are all pretty well developed and likable, furthermore we have good male lead who's not weak, cowardly, preachy and needs saving all the time. The excellent pacing helps avoids a lot of the more common shounen cliches like drawn-out battles, tournament and training arcs etc. Fights also have actual weight to them that engrosses the reader. Lastly, while series is dark and grim overall, it doesn't bogle it's plot down with it. It's capable having light-hearted moments to further flesh out it's cast including it's antagonists. I really can't wait to see where things are going to go future from now on.

I can say with confidence that this and Maoyuu Maou Yuusha are one of the top shounen mangas that I look forward to reading each month.

Edited by Iron_Maw, 10 July 2012 - 01:51 PM.

Wayne Low

Wayne Low

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 11 posts

In nearly any other manga I'd be pretty sure of a face heel turn from esdese, but now it really could go both ways. with the alternative her dying a remarkably bloody death after saving the shitty main characters worthless life. one might hope he'll grow a bit less naive after such an incident. I applaud the author for making this not very obvious.

I don't really have a preference either way. having her around in the future would give a few laughs as she is pretty awesome. having the MC turn more badass would also be a win.

^ As with vaendryl, I think esdese will most likely die too from this latest villain which I honestly wouldn't like but it sure seems to be heading that direction. I would have hope to see more developments with her character, transition of feelings/love/betrayal(prehaps?) and prehaps a peek into her background with what makes her react/act the way she is today and last but not least her relationship with MC.

Findyanto Putra

Findyanto Putra

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 14 posts
most likely the prime minister gonna make another teigu user group and then go fight jaeger and someway the night raid gonna helping jaeger in the process

NecroMac

NecroMac

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 2 posts
i really like this manga. Autor is not afraid of killing main staff, as well as showing us some more drastic images. And when he shows empire as corrupted as it is now, i wonder if revolutionary army is really as saint as they think or if they might be even worst :]. That would be quite a nice plot twist, if you ask me.

Excorsism

Excorsism

Potato Sprout

• Contributor
  • 7 posts
I expect everybody to be holding hands together and singing kumbaya, Prime Minister not invited (because he's sleeping in his grave).

Edited by Excorsism, 03 November 2012 - 01:09 PM.

omnipwnage

omnipwnage

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 222 posts
  • LocationOregon

i really like this manga. Autor is not afraid of killing main staff, as well as showing us some more drastic images. And when he shows empire as corrupted as it is now, i wonder if revolutionary army is really as saint as they think or if they might be even worst :]. That would be quite a nice plot twist, if you ask me.

This was the same thing I was thinking when Night Raid got their reinforcement team; not a lot of shown or explained when it concerns the rebellion and it's leadership/ morals. Also only touched on a little was the symbol our MC received when he left the village, and any other connections having it might mean.

Sir Birdy

Sir Birdy

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 11 posts
  • LocationAustralia

What do I hope to see in the future?

Tatsumi in bed with Leone or Esdese.

That is all. :| 

:P

svines85

svines85

Sweet Potato

• Contributor
  • 14,063 posts
  • Locationunderground like a wild potato

Another great chapter, even the ones without a lot of action are awesome. So did Esdese power up even more or something? Can't wait for the big confrontation ..........that and seeing who gets to die this time :D

Tn7HA0h.png

Lucenthia

Lucenthia

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 316 posts
  • LocationChina

I would like to see Night Raid overturn the government in your typical shounen-y way, then have all the regions erupt into anarchy once the news that the Prime Minister's dead. I want it to be an orwellian ending where the message that governing a country in the ideal fashion is truly impossible.

Yeah... that sounded really dickish, but it would go really well with the general themes in the manga so far.

phallacy

phallacy

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 5 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Uh oh, that was totally a death flag, Mein!

svines85

svines85

Sweet Potato

• Contributor
  • 14,063 posts

Uh oh, that was totally a death flag, Mein!

haha! yup, in love with Tatsumi..........she's doomed  :D

Tn7HA0h.png

figureLP09

figureLP09

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 81 posts
  • LocationInside a sword.

What I'd really like to see? Less tombstones...

The soil of a man's heart is stonier. He grows what he can, and he tends it. 

svines85

svines85

Sweet Potato

• Contributor
  • 14,063 posts

Oh that Esdese, what a sweetie.  :D

Wow, that was brutal, whatever could go wrong went wrong, not a good sign for the mission at all. 

I swear it's been in the back of my mind for a while now that Esdese knows all about Tatsumi's involvement with Night Raid.......I mean she's pretty much an animal, it wouldn't surprise me at all if she'd figured it out somewhere along the way. 

Tn7HA0h.png

mandrake

mandrake

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 1 posts

i have a serious thought about tatsumi has a hidden trait being a death bringer or something. i reaaaaalllllyyyyy hoped to see seryuu die in an agony, kill her slowly while saying stuff that somehow pissed her off.

Spoiler

Edited by mandrake, 17 October 2013 - 05:17 AM.

aeonstorm

aeonstorm

Potato

• Members
  • 140 posts
  • LocationEurope

I would like a tatsumi to get really strong, maybe a time skip were he goes off and trains and comes back etc, ideas would fusing with the tyrant in his teigus core and getting its incredible life force and ability to adapt and evolve.

svines85

svines85

Sweet Potato

• Contributor
  • 14,063 posts

Awesome new chapter..........bye bye Soo, a cryptic death flag from the Messiah guy and Esdese is getting closer and closer to Tatsumi. Super cool........Esdese's so awesome, maniacal butcher that she is. Such a conflict.  :D

Tn7HA0h.png

sm31

sm31

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 50 posts
Truly a fascinating story so far! My only issue is Esdese. She's like One-punch man or something. Too powerful... Where that trait makes OPM so enjoyable, it's the one feature that's a little too predictable in this very unpredictable manga IMO.