Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Photo

Kinda Reminds me of ...

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

Canisferus

Canisferus

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 47 posts
I started reading Green Boy to try another TC selection and it reminded me of "Katsu".  GB has enough differences  to make it fresh.  Also the art style is crisper and and the character drawings are up to date. :D

Haruki

Haruki

Fried Potato

• The Company
  • 693 posts
  • LocationKorea
when i saw this topic i went OMG
cuz i saw the exact same topic on MF. (okay not same, but same euff XD)

Hey guys, is it just me, or this manhwa, has some similarities to Hajime no Ippo -- biggest similarity -- when the director coach dude comes and sees the protaganist shadow boxing -- he sees a great hook and says that was some good form, and, in Ippo the coach sees ippo's uppercut and become awestruck.. What do you think?

of course it isn't...

than this guy said:

They are boxing comics. What do you expect?

Is Slam Dunk any different from all the other basketball comics in plot devices etc.? No.

Is Slam Dunk higher in quality than those other basketball comics? Hell yes.

so i thought katsu was just another boxing comic, than i googled it.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Katsu!
turns out the plot is almost the same XD except this time, it's a girl who had a crush on a guy.

hopefully GB will be original enough to entertain you~ :D

Posted Image

Canisferus

Canisferus

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 47 posts
Haruki, you're so right about it being a action-sport-boxing comic and whaddayano! They box! There're gals in it too!  Both have a girl who loves boxing and a boy-novice whose initial interest is the enigmatic boxing-girl.

In Green Boy's case, our hero is not a cool,laid-back athletic type (like my older cousins), but almost an opposite - painfully shy and weak bodied and almost immediately our hero has caught the attention of a second girl! What's her game?

I'm looking forward to see what new twists Jung Jae-han has on the eternal "boy loves girl-girl slugs boys" story.

PS. Does Hangul have a term for "Tsundere"?

Haruki

Haruki

Fried Potato

• The Company
  • 693 posts
  • LocationKorea
not in korean, but a japanese term itself tsundere is used, just in korean spelling
Posted Image

Com

Com

Potato

• The Company
  • 172 posts
  • LocationSeoul
I looked up katsu too... >.> have you guys ever read Cross Game?

Haruki

Haruki

Fried Potato

• The Company
  • 693 posts
  • LocationKorea
katsu was actually very interesting :DD

sorry for all the HNI fan out there, but i thought Katsu was better. sorry n0c0 but it was better than GE too :P

(i read the whole series in two days XDD)
Posted Image

TheGodfather

TheGodfather

Batoto Chief Mafioso

• The Company (inactive)
  • 481 posts
  • LocationAustralia
Haru, I read Katsu! in less than 48 hours as well.
And I disagree, it's not better than GE or GB.
But it is quite good, though.
Spoiler

i fucking love fembot for hustling on GB with Kareia and Kento <333333

aEnigma

aEnigma

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 12 posts

I started reading Green Boy to try another TC selection and it reminded me of "Katsu".  GB has enough differences  to make it fresh.  Also the art style is crisper and and the character drawings are up to date. :D

thanks man... i stopped reading mangas from Adachi-sensei since they all look the same...
Just wanted to read the beginning of Katsu so i could compare it to Green Boy... and finished it in one go (6hrs xD)
great story, tho i hate how everyone else just quits boxing and how he himself is undecided till the end...

darkmic

darkmic

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 2 posts
dont like the end of Katsu.....Touch or Cross Game are better works from Adachi
but like the Green Boy better than Katsu it is deeper^^