Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Photo

Hana Yori Dango telling terrible morales?

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

rockgollem

rockgollem

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 43 posts
First of all, I wish to start out as, yes I understand this is a manga, so if the reply goes somewhere along the line of... "it's just a manga", feel free not to post the obvious information.

And I also understand that it's written sometime in the past when culture and society was different, etc etc

This manga seems to have terrible morales, with kids commiting all sorts of crimes and going unpunished. Unpunished is fine, I can deal with it, but in many cases there seems to be gigantic justification and rationalization behind those crimes. That is untolerable.

For example, when that Domuyaji kid or whatever almost kills another kid, make him into a cripple and feel that it was justified because he was angry at the time and lonley.

Oh boy, I wish this was true, then we would have so much less people in jail right now.

Also, other scenes such as dragging around a girl in a car inside the school and such.

I can go through the entire manga again and point out every criminal behaviour and possible sentences that may follow if convicted, if somebody wants me to.

The manga has terrible morale, but people seems to like it anyhow. I heard that girls love bad boys (as majority of people who like this are women), but this is not just bad boys, but criminals. Attempted murderer, extortionists, embezzlers, spoiled brats and so forth.

So, just what about this terrible morale is so commendable in this manga?

-世界死神- chaos_animagic

-世界死神- chaos_animagic

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 85 posts
  • LocationColumbus, OH ~or~ Universe of Caelestis Dea
As long as you have the money, you can buy anything.

This is how the world works.

Money Runs the World.
You can't do anything about it unless it has millions of people opposing.

a few hundred of ppls can be easily wiped out if you can buy the government itself.

Most people that likes this manga is due to the fact it has "pretty boys" and the manga later makes them all "noble" looking.
Also, did you know this manga was based on Real Life?
Because in Japan, most Schools are supported by Donators, and if the donation is enough, the school DO ALLOW them to do anything they want without objection.
Most Private Schools today still do this, you can't change it becuase the School always wants more money.

Being a Bully victum during my childhood, I too think this is stupid. (the part about you can do anything you want because of money)

Hell, it's how all those School shooting started... because of Bullying, but the media and public "blames" the shooter for everything... stupid ass world...
If there's no Bullying, there wouldn't have been any shooting.
Cause and Effect.

Edited by -世界死神- chaos_animagic, 28 August 2013 - 04:53 AM.

21j9mie.jpg

thelilparadox

thelilparadox

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 4 posts
  • LocationUS

I personally don't believe that the criminal acts were justified in the manga. In my opinion, it's more that they didn't faze people. Bullying seemed to be an expected norm and the peers involved likely didn't have the experiences and understanding to know the gravity of their actions- how much emotional, psychological & physical damage they were responsible for causing. And of course, money & class also played big parts.

Domyouji Tsukasa definitely had behavioral problems; however, I wouldn't be fast to define him or the others as "bad boy(s)." The side characters, the perpetrators of some of Tsukushi Makino's bullying, were flat so it's difficult to say. But among some of the bigger characters in Tsukushi's age group, Tsukasa, Akira and Soujirou are arguably the main sinners. However, like real people, they had good qualities along with their bad ones. Yes, their flaws & acts are likely more extreme than that of what you'll mostly see from people in real life and no, their good characteristics and actions fail to justify their bad ones. But I think one of the beauties of this manga, lies in the author's ability to create complex characters that are far from perfect and yet are still lovable & understandable. 

It's amazing how Tsukasa fell in love with Makino and remained in love with her throughout the manga. First, he saw beyond her background and outer appearance. Second, despite having an adulterer and playboy as two of his best friends, his personal expectations and idea of how he wanted his relationship to go wasn't strongly shaken; he stuck with one girl and they didn't even have sex by the end of the series. He also wasn't swayed by his environment, a high society where love, loyalty & integrity are often absent- not to mention, where he could easily indulge in women with greater beauty, class and intellect than Makino. And despite those things plus many other obstacles- such as repeated rejections, passionate pursuers, etc.- he was committed to Makino and not only loved her, but tenaciously pursued her. He showed a strength of character beyond most men and proved with Makino that love can triumph all.