Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Photo

I Think it would be great if this manga has Anime! :)

• Please log in to reply
32 replies to this topic

Deins69

Deins69

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 3 posts
I think it would be really great if this manga has anime don't you think?

Tio Alexander

Tio Alexander

Potato

• Members
  • 193 posts
  • LocationUnknown
This is the anime of Kimi no Iru Machi : http://animestash.info/anime/show/4011

Posted Image

The Legendary Amazing Takao's Boobs (open the spoiler or click here)
Spoiler

Deins69

Deins69

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 3 posts
Is it Ongoing?

Tio Alexander

Tio Alexander

Potato

• Members
  • 193 posts
  • LocationUnknown
Yes, ongoing OVAs.

Posted Image

The Legendary Amazing Takao's Boobs (open the spoiler or click here)
Spoiler

Deins69

Deins69

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 3 posts
I've Just Checked the Ova's and its not that good Because it's started when they Had they Long distance relationship.

Bobby

Bobby

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 18 posts
Its not ongoing btw... Only two OAV's were announced and both are out. Maybe they'll make more in the future but as it is now its completed.

Jeanjake

Jeanjake

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 10 posts
yeah it's only two OVA's and in the second episode i pretty much say's it's the last one but anything's possible, i'm not holding my breath though.

Suo

Suo

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 18 posts
its just the 2 oav's and there not really that good. there is no news about any more ova's or a whole new series

A.E ✰

A.E ✰

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 220 posts
  • LocationSomewhere In Neverland ♩ ♪ ♫ ♬
i think i live-action drama would suit it better since its a slice-of-life teenage drama for the first part ^_^ but meh xD

svines85

svines85

Sweet Potato

• Contributor
  • 14,063 posts
  • Locationunderground like a wild potato

i think i live-action drama would suit it better since its a slice-of-life teenage drama for the first part ^_^ but meh xD

You could be right about that, a number of other similar titles have gone that way. Hoshi no Furu Machi comes to mind as one that was adapted into a full length feature film, and Nana to Kaoru just released its second live-action film.

Tn7HA0h.png

Comadrin

Comadrin

Fried Potato

• Members
  • 799 posts
  • LocationManetheren, but more realistically Southern California
Ah, but a live action drama wouldn't have the incredibly adorable girls Seo Kouji has been drawing for us all these years. Of course, if you were to do an anime of the 200+ chapters that is up to the art standards of the manga, it would probably take three months each to make half hour episodes!

bane_ecf

bane_ecf

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 83 posts
  • LocationMinneapolis-St. Paul metro
KNIM might suffer in a TV anime series setting by being a little bit of a tweener by today's anime genre standards. Not serious enough to be a serious romance drama, not funny enough to be a pure romantic comedy and not ecchi enough to be an ecchi/harem comedy. Many casual viewers want to see a specific theme out of the anime they watch, and therefore TV anime needs to be engaging in a focused manner to win over these viewers and get them to watch the next episode. Because of this, creating an anime closely adapted to the manga might generate an identity crisis that could result in surprisingly low ratings. Conversely, devoted fans will cry foul if the anime series doesn't reasonably follow the script that made the manga so popular, so the anime producers could be in for a lose-lose situation here.

The better bet might be an anime movie or 2~3 movie series set, where name recognition would probably record high volume as a one-shot or limited-repeatability sales opportunity. It'll also appeal more from a devoted fan's standpoint to buy 1~3 mediocre movie volumes rather than say, 6 mediocre TV series volumes (4 episodes per DVD over a 24 episode season).

Edited by bane_ecf, 05 December 2012 - 08:14 AM.

Comadrin

Comadrin

Fried Potato

• Members
  • 799 posts
Uh, did something happen between the previous post and the last post that is didn't understand? It may be that I don't understand modernspeak. Whatever, I seem to have missed something. I guess I am thinking from a perspective that an old geezer like me would understand an anime of KNIM. I hope romance hasn't changed that much from my day. Well, I will try and enjoy whatever comes down the line for this manga, which I really enjoy.

bane_ecf

bane_ecf

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 83 posts
Sorry, I meant to respond sooner...

Firstly, I guess I should state that I'm just totally with you Comadrin, I'd like nothing more than a long 4 season TV series of KNIM to be aired. I'm a real old school anime/manga otaku who really thinks storytelling and character development differentiates anime and manga from any other genre of visual entertainment. I have volumes of Kimagure Orange Road, Maison Ikkoku, Touch, H2 and Miyuki sitting on my bookcase among a few newer mangas like Death Note and Whistle! (it's harder and more expensive to buy manga now that I'm not in Japan.)

That said, I was just stating my opinion on why I think we still haven't seen a TV series for KNIM. Given the immense popularity of the manga series, it would normally be an easy choice to develop an anime series, yet one hasn't been announced. My guess is that the theme for KNIM just isn't well suited for anime given today's mainstream tastes, where extremism tends to be the rule whether it be action, violence, drama or ecchi. KNIM is pretty subtle in the genres it falls into, and while it would have been a no-brainer for TV serialization 20 years ago it's too in-between to be a sure bet for producers in today's market. Producers will instead go for a cheezy risque ecchi themed anime just because ecchi is a sure bet to sell even if they do a terrible job executing the storyline (see Campione!)

Edited by bane_ecf, 19 December 2012 - 05:00 AM.

svines85

svines85

Sweet Potato

• Contributor
  • 14,063 posts
@bane_ecf

Interesting observations, you could well be right. Umi no Misaki is another manga we were talking about this same topic not too long ago, it might well be in the same category as this one, a little too serious without quite enough silly and sleaze.

Tn7HA0h.png

Comadrin

Comadrin

Fried Potato

• Members
  • 799 posts
Thanks, bane_ecf. I understand what you were saying a lot better now, and it makes a lot of sense. It's a real pity that anime and live action films almost have to slap the viewer in the face with action, overblown drama, or fan service, rather than telling a good story. Kind of makes me wonder what kind of live action or anime they would make of Change 123. Would it be total fan service or nonstop action?

seyrine

seyrine

Unemployed Kitty In A Penguin Suit

• Administrators
  • 1,830 posts
  • LocationLurking nearby...
KNIM Anime confirmed!

[source: http://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=567855]

Catch my story; the Neverender Series

Batoto's Rules Repository | Rules, Guidelines and FAQs

Rules and Regulations | How to get help | Frequently Asked Questions

If all else fails, PM me. And use the REPORT button if you see any content that may violate site policy.

Catch me on irc.idlechat.net (#seyrine) and D.F.T.B.A.!

svines85

svines85

Sweet Potato

• Contributor
  • 14,063 posts
Wow, that's awesome. I'm surprised Animenewsnetwork hasn't said anything about it yet, or if they did I missed it. They're usually the first to report that kind of thing.

Tn7HA0h.png

Comadrin

Comadrin

Fried Potato

• Members
  • 799 posts
I just hope that the anime keeps to the same genre as the manga. It is a pretty special manga, as I see it, and I would hate it if the anime went for pure fan service or concentrated on angst. The story is a drama, and a pretty well done drawn out one. If it turns into something that is totally different from the mangaka's story, I will be disappointed.

bane_ecf

bane_ecf

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 83 posts
I'm so glad they came out with the anime series. I hope it's a good mix of drama and light comedy.

Edited by bane_ecf, 13 March 2013 - 02:59 AM.