Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Photo

Fate/Hybrid: Fan Fiction

fate type moon index clamp fan fiction

• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

UglyFingers

UglyFingers

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 23 posts
This is something I wrote out of boredom while fighting a mild fever so I apologize if most of the stuff do not make sense.
This is a work of fiction and the names, places, and events used here do not pertain to the real world in any way, shape or form.
I am borrowing ideas from famous works from famous authors/artists but in no way am I claiming to own it.
If they contact me and tell me to stop writing, I will delete everything, apologize, and beg for mercy.

This is a fan fiction with a fate/SN main character and other supporting characters from other works. (I just mixed up all the anime that I watched while lying in bed fighting my fever, thus resulting in a "Hybrid")
This work will also include some characters that I created myself to fill in some gaps... Maybe they will be useful to me later on...

Hopefully I still have the motivation to finish this after I get better, but seeing how the delusions in my head are coming together right now, I think it's gonna be one hell of a long series.

This is my first work so feel free to bombard it with criticism (hopefully constructive) until it bites the dust.
I am aiming to be a better writer and hopefully write my own original stories in the future and it will help a lot to hear from you guys.

Chapter 1
Spoiler

Chapter 2
Spoiler

Chapter 3
Spoiler

Chapter 4
Spoiler

Chapter 5
Spoiler

Edited by UglyFingers, 19 June 2012 - 11:00 AM.

thearux

thearux

Fried Potato

• Members
  • 573 posts
  • LocationUruguay
I want to recommend these 2 incredibly well written fanfictions:
Zero no tsukaima/Fate stay Night: Hill of Swords (instead of saito being summon, an intermediate between Normal Shirou and Archer is summoned)
Sekirei/fate stay night: In flight (instead of the main from Sekirei Shiriou is the one who becomes the Ashikibi, also Magus corporations gets in the middle to kill him off, but fail for now)

I recommend you to read it and then make your own story with maybe a cross over with other series, this person is incredibly talented at making fanfics with crossovers, it will help you.

Edited by thearux, 19 June 2012 - 05:20 PM.

oninn

oninn

Potato

• Contributor
  • 175 posts
  • LocationNot tellin'
―!!!

Are you serious!?
Spoiler

Ah. Well, nevermind. I salute you for this.... I don't want to critic you since I, a fellow writer (self-proclaimed), am creating an own fanfic myself.

And do you mind me posting a picture? Hahaha... And I don't take "NO" as an answer....
[Posted Image

Edited by oninn, 20 June 2012 - 08:47 AM.

Visit our Blog! Also, try visiting my deviantart!
Inclined just for you.
I am normal.

MezzoParody

MezzoParody

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 388 posts
Interesting! Have you read any of Oninn's fic? It's also floating around in this forum somewhere, and I notice you two have a similar style. Dialogue-heavy, light on narration, very loose-flowing and well-suited to visual novel format. I left like, really huge paragraphs of criticism for him, and some of it may be helpful for you as well. (It's also an interesting story~)

If I were to give just one piece of criticism to you, it would be to slow down a bit. With such a streamlined style, the action seems to fly by faster than it normally would. Chapters end almost as soon as they've begun, and the characters seem to change location so abruptly that I have to stop and re-read things. Those location/time tags probably don't help much - I'll be honest, I never read those. They just feel obtrusive. If it's really important information, I usually expect it to be in the narration. The development of the story, too, is a bit jumpy. Single sentences deal out information that could have been given their own paragraphs, or even chapters. "After the initial shock wore off..." was a bit of a disappointment, because I imagine that would be very shocking and well-worth reading about. It seems sort of like Shirou just gives a play-by-play of the stuff that happened, rather than actually experiencing events and the accompanying emotions. That sort of thing works fine with works where the situation trumps the characters, like mindless action stories, but this seems to be somewhat serious. I'd like a chance to get into Shirou's head, so I can really care about the stuff he goes through.

...well, I hope that didn't sound too harsh. I find it difficult to try and give useful criticism and not sound totally heartless at the same time. But I don't think it's bad! I actually quite like this idea. I think I've seen a story with the "Shirou goes back to 6th century Britain" concept before, but it was very disappointing. And it didn't have Illya. Everything's better with Illya. Though I found myself doing that thing again, where I mournfully go, "No~! Illya~! Why~?!" because she was running around all happily at the zoo...even though she's doomed. It just...makes me so sad. And I had to snicker at Shirou's disappointment when he met Index. I mean, he's living with Saber and his image of "strong warrior" still can't match up to "small teenage girl"?

You've managed to create a ton of interesting plot strings you could follow. Like, Dead Apostles? Not just the shambling zombie guys, but they're actually getting attacked by multiple Dead Apostles? Someone has to be plotting something. And the Burial Agency doesn't even exist yet, right? See, that's just too interesting. Then we've got Index and Mokona. Where's Touma? Will we get to see Mikoto show up? And what the heck Mokona, do you make a habit of teleporting random people into random places? And if you manage to toss Yuuko into the mix, everything's guaranteed to get a thousand times more interesting. So many possibilities!

And yeah. There's my attempt at trying to mix constructive criticism with some enthusiastic feedback. As for the fics that were linked by Thearux, read them if you'd like. Of the two I've only read Hill of Swords, and it's pretty good. Certain things are done very well, other things were lackluster. From the beginning to the middle it's an engrossing read, but after that I had to force myself to finish it. In terms of usefulness, I'd put it on par with just about any other novel out there. Reading pretty much anything should help you become a better writer, it doesn't have to be that in particular.

So, thank you for sharing! I'll be looking forward to more! :D

Edited by MezzoParody, 19 June 2012 - 06:57 PM.

thearux

thearux

Fried Potato

• Members
  • 573 posts
  • LocationUruguay

Interesting! Have you read any of Oninn's fic? It's also floating around in this forum somewhere, and I notice you two have a similar style. Dialogue-heavy, light on narration, very loose-flowing and well-suited to visual novel format. I left like, really huge paragraphs of criticism for him, and some of it may be helpful for you as well. (It's also an interesting story~)

If I were to give just one piece of criticism to you, it would be to slow down a bit. With such a streamlined style, the action seems to fly by faster than it normally would. Chapters end almost as soon as they've begun, and the characters seem to change location so abruptly that I have to stop and re-read things. Those location/time tags probably don't help much - I'll be honest, I never read those. They just feel obtrusive. If it's really important information, I usually expect it to be in the narration. The development of the story, too, is a bit jumpy. Single sentences deal out information that could have been given their own paragraphs, or even chapters. "After the initial shock wore off..." was a bit of a disappointment, because I imagine that would be very shocking and well-worth reading about. It seems sort of like Shirou just gives a play-by-play of the stuff that happened, rather than actually experiencing events and the accompanying emotions. That sort of thing works fine with works where the situation trumps the characters, like mindless action stories, but this seems to be somewhat serious. I'd like a chance to get into Shirou's head, so I can really care about the stuff he goes through.

...well, I hope that didn't sound too harsh. I find it difficult to try and give useful criticism and not sound totally heartless at the same time. But I don't think it's bad! I actually quite like this idea. I think I've seen a story with the "Shirou goes back to 6th century Britain" concept before, but it was very disappointing. And it didn't have Illya. Everything's better with Illya. Though I found myself doing that thing again, where I mournfully go, "No~! Illya~! Why~?!" because she was running around all happily at the zoo...even though she's doomed. It just...makes me so sad. And I had to snicker at Shirou's disappointment when he met Index. I mean, he's living with Saber and his image of "strong warrior" still can't match up to "small teenage girl"?

You've managed to create a ton of interesting plot strings you could follow. Like, Dead Apostles? Not just the shambling zombie guys, but they're actually getting attacked by multiple Dead Apostles? Someone has to be plotting something. And the Burial Agency doesn't even exist yet, right? See, that's just too interesting. Then we've got Index and Mokona. Where's Touma? Will we get to see Mikoto show up? And what the heck Mokona, do you make a habit of teleporting random people into random places? And if you manage to toss Yuuko into the mix, everything's guaranteed to get a thousand times more interesting. So many possibilities!

And yeah. There's my attempt at trying to mix constructive criticism with some enthusiastic feedback. As for the fics that were linked by Thearux, read them if you'd like. Of the two I've only read Hill of Swords, and it's pretty good. Certain things are done very well, other things were lackluster. From the beginning to the middle it's an engrossing read, but after that I had to force myself to finish it. In terms of usefulness, I'd put it on par with just about any other novel out there. Reading pretty much anything should help you become a better writer, it doesn't have to be that in particular.

So, thank you for sharing! I'll be looking forward to more! :D

I agree with the fact that both fanfics has too much descriptions about terms and situations, nevertheless, what I tried to show was a good mix of two series that complement each other.
The meaning of posting both its because the author knows how to make the situation tragic, happy, sad, mainly knows how to adapt the characters well into the story, keeping track each of their characteristics without forcing too much of them.

UglyFingers

UglyFingers

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 23 posts
@thearux
thank you for the references. I am currently reading Hill of Swords and studying its elements.
Thank You very much.

@oninn
I have just finished reading your work Fate/Emblem and I gotta say it's very interesting! I look forward to reading more ^^

@MezzoParody

thank you very much for your response. I will try to keep in mind what you said while writing the next chapter.
I think the reason it feels rushed is because I was writing it well into the night... er... dawn and I really wanted to finish it before I go to sleep because I know that I will forget all my ideas by the next day.
I will try to slow down a bit and add a bit more into developing the scenes.

I am actually thinking of adding more characters from other works but I don't know how well or how bad they will be when added to this. So I guess I will try to get bit more deeply into the setting before doing that.

Don't worry, the harsher the criticisms are, the more they stick to my mind so it's easier to remember them when I'm writing.
(P.S. I hope that did not make it sound like I'm masochistic or anything ^^)

UglyFingers

UglyFingers

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 23 posts
I tried to slow down a bit and expand a little more into the story.

Hopefully this is written a little better than the first few chapter.

I really have to find a solution to the shortness of these chapters...

I guess I have to work on the mood as well....

Characters are really hard to project on paper QQ.......

Hopefully I'll have these resolved as I keep writing

Anyways, here's chapter 6 part 1

Chapter 6 part 1
Spoiler

Edited by UglyFingers, 20 June 2012 - 08:11 AM.

oninn

oninn

Potato

• Contributor
  • 175 posts
  • LocationNot tellin'
...I'm still waiting for the part 2....ZzzzZ...

I wanted to continue writing but my Final Exams is just around the corner so... I don't write. I just read. I just read comments and things like this on my free time....

Okay, the 6th chapter is better than the first five chapters but― it is still lacking somewhere. Hopefully, there's no " :monologue:― I run. ― :monologue: ― I stop running" script. This was the most common problem on this kind of material so I hope that you would not make the same mistake that I had in the past.

And hey is Shirou so weak!? I think that he's more capable than that (Based on what I had observed on the VN. Be it the Fate, UBW or Heaven's Feel route, I really think...). Err― Well, please forget it. It is not my place to retort and complain so, I'm sorry~! Hahaha.

Inclined just for you.
I am normal.

UglyFingers

UglyFingers

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 23 posts
@oninn
thank you for the advice. ill try to keep that in mind as i write.
since my sickness got passed on to my brother i have to take care of him for a bit so my writing is gonna slow down -_-

nah shirou isn't weak. the old guy is just too strong ;P
all the people in the church actually have the potential to become heroic spirits so....anyways if a lot of strong people is needed to stand a chance against one persons, it means that that person is way too overpowered
shirou actually stands a chance against the old guy if he has a team but he's being trained so that he won't need one. He is being training him to be overpowered himself.
and i just don't feel like making him bring out unlimited blade works just for training purposes...

That's my fault... i think i should've made that clear when writing.
Im sorry, please forgive me for being such a noob :(
ill reveal who the old guy is later on so please be patient :)

Edited by UglyFingers, 20 June 2012 - 08:26 PM.

UglyFingers

UglyFingers

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 23 posts
Here is part 2 of chapter six. I hope I'm getting better... so please contradict me and tell me if I'm wrong so I could deliver better quality products in the future.

Hopefully, I can get part three of chapter 6 done while I still have the ideas fresh in my head so wish me luck! :)

Thank You.

Chapter 6 Part 2
Spoiler

Edited by UglyFingers, 27 June 2012 - 12:30 AM.

UglyFingers

UglyFingers

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 23 posts
Here is part three of chapter 6. It is the last part of the chapter and I will start a new arc with chapter 7.

It took longer than I thought to write as I am a slow thinker. Seriously, people that can write at a godly level like nothing should be considered geniuses!

Sorry for the delay if anyone is actually waiting for these pieces to come out (I can't tell lol).

Anyways, here is part 3 of chapter 6.

Chapter 6 Part 3
Spoiler

Edited by UglyFingers, 22 June 2012 - 10:53 PM.

UglyFingers

UglyFingers

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 23 posts
Here is the start of the new arc.

Again if anyone has comments/suggestions/criticisms, please post them so I can deliver better quality in the future.

I would like to give credit to my little sister for the idea of mixing this new character into the story.

Btw, does anyone know how to add tags?

Chapter 7
Spoiler

Edited by UglyFingers, 24 June 2012 - 04:08 AM.

UglyFingers

UglyFingers

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 23 posts
Longest chapter I've written in one sitting. Makes me realize how badly I need to get a life.
Once again, I apologize if my writings are confusing. It seems the harder I try, the worse I get...

Story Start:
Chapter 8
Spoiler

Edited by UglyFingers, 03 July 2012 - 10:47 PM.

UglyFingers

UglyFingers

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 23 posts
Reposting all that I have written so far since I combined some chapters, hoping it looks more organized that way.

Silver January I: Chapter 1: A Strange Creature

Spoiler

Silver January II: Chapter 2 Part 1: The Dead Apostles

Spoiler

Chapter 3 Part 1: High Priest Index Librorum Prohibitorum
Spoiler

White February II: Chapter 4
Spoiler

White February III: Chapter 5: Wizard and God
Spoiler

Black March I: Chapter 6: Timberfield

Spoiler

Edited by UglyFingers, 03 July 2012 - 10:53 PM.

UglyFingers

UglyFingers

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 23 posts
Wow, 6 straight posts from me! Am I the only one left alive in this thread? It's kinda worrying when no one has posted anything lol.

Okay, I hate myself for writing the contents of this chapter but I feel that it is necessary for the development of the story.

Anyone wanna beta read for me? I feel like my writing is still lacking in many areas but I can't figure out where.

Anyways here's chapter 7

Black March II: Chapter 7: Rhea
Spoiler

Edited by UglyFingers, 02 July 2012 - 10:54 PM.

thearux

thearux

Fried Potato

• Members
  • 573 posts
  • LocationUruguay
I recommend you to publish them in fanfiction.net, you will receive more criticism there.

oninn

oninn

Potato

• Contributor
  • 175 posts
  • LocationNot tellin'
We're quite busy... Sorry for making you wait...and I still think that I'll become busier next week so I can't view all of your post. Sorry!

Spoiler

Edited by oninn, 03 July 2012 - 03:25 AM.

Inclined just for you.
I am normal.

UglyFingers

UglyFingers

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 23 posts
@oninn

thanks for pointing that out! please ignore the A+++ rank for that skill. the A+++ came from another skill that I wanted to add but deleted. I didn't notice that it went to the mad enhancement skill after I deleted that section (facepalm). The rank for mad enhancement should be D. Will change it now that you pointed it out. will add a bit more description as well. All this canon is making my head hurt >.<.

As for the idea of making that person into that class, my sister was the one who came up with it lol. Thought I'd take up the challenge of sticking her into the story despite the big difference in universes. Guess I'm not doing too well on that front :(.

Ah well, if something happens and the story becomes complete trash ill just write another one. Though I hope that it will never come to that.

And thank you for responding despite your busy schedule. I wish you the best in life.

@thearux
will do that thank you

Edited by UglyFingers, 04 July 2012 - 02:06 AM.

UglyFingers

UglyFingers

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 23 posts
I have moved all of my writings to fanfiction.net

heres the url: http://www.fanfiction.net/u/4077013/UglyFingers

On another note, I ran out of ideas on Fate/Hybrid so it will be on hiatus until I come up with new ones for that series.

I was just watching TAMNI however, and it gave me inspiration for another series.

New series: A Certainly Pissed Off Accelerator
url: http://www.fanfiction.net/s/8286858/1/A_Certainly_Pissed_Off_Accelerator

Hmm... nothing more to say except thank you to those who have followed me so far.

May good fortune be with you all.

oninn

oninn

Potato

• Contributor
  • 175 posts
  • LocationNot tellin'
You're not gonna continue this, are you?

Inclined just for you.
I am normal.