Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Photo

Rising x Rydeen, General/Speculation

Rising x Rydeen Manga Speculation

• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

Mugetsu Tensho

Mugetsu Tensho

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 2 posts
This series may need an ecchi tag later on lol. Especially if his ability starts melting things.

This manga looks interesting hopefully there will be some new chapters soon.

Spoiler:

Maybe his gel will change shapes like MO in MxO
Or
He can solidify it like in the enemy in ANAGLE MOLE

What do others thing his power will mature into?

yariel

yariel

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 232 posts
=3= ... ecchi ... =3= ...
might get "mature" tag instead if that gel have properties like common male "gel" ... =3= ...

Law169

Law169

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 11 posts
  • LocationEngland
Im guessing his 'gel' will turn out to special in some sort of way like how the girl who can use fire couldnt burn it of.
Still questioning how this will develop?

qber

qber

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 8 posts
yee, like, they're gonna find out that it's super resistant to powers and stuff so the girls will all ask to be covered in a gel armor before battles :3

That, or maybe it simply isnt burnable, cus i don't think *that* is burnable, and it seems like it's really *that*

Jota

Jota

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 1 posts
I'm feeling an Mx0 vibe, too, where his gel nullifies strange projectiles.

I wonder if the, (I'm assuming) "A-rank" Biri biri would be shocked to see her electricity not working.

:V Now why am I thinking about To Aru series.

PeonWorker666

PeonWorker666

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 1 posts
Im also getting a feeling that his "gel"-like substance is going to have some protective abilities of some kind. And maybe he can keep enemies from escaping by making the enemy's escape paths slippery, so maybe develop the abilities to apprehend the enemies.

ikuto_kun

ikuto_kun

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 3 posts
  • LocationTaming the beastly hearts of women
If you think about it his gel powers might actually be Rank S ability because should be able to shape shift, and even explode and reassemble himself, solidify the gel, or even transform the gel in a deadly projectiles and the gel also acts as a insulator against things like fire, electricity, and other things, plus the gel also seem to make the female community horny. So yeah he could be the first rank S that they've mistaken as a rank E.
Those who know nothing understand nothing; just as the stupid ones have more hope than that of men wise in their own eyes.

εru

εru

Potato

• Donator
  • 180 posts
^ Hope it would turn out as you said. It would be awesome to see him stop being misunderstanding as a pervert. But even if he's not like what you said, i would still read it because it is hilarious :3

Posted Image

私、気になります!

Watashiwa, Kininarimasu.

sekirei07

sekirei07

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 27 posts
Im going to have to go with the other route and say this is going to be a more Index style hero. Single function power that anyone could beat if they didn't really so heavy on there special powers to beat.

Aurega

Aurega

Fingerling Potato

• Contributor
  • 64 posts
  • LocationVI-scans
We still lack the abilities of 2 of the characters that appears on the cover. Anyone want to take a guess at their abilities? One of them gets introduced next chapter, so this is a good time to have a little fun xD

d4rk

d4rk

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 33 posts
  • LocationIn a city hotter than hell.

If you think about it his gel powers might actually be Rank S ability because should be able to shape shift, and even explode and reassemble himself, solidify the gel, or even transform the gel in a deadly projectiles and the gel also acts as a insulator against things like fire, electricity, and other things, plus the gel also seem to make the female community horny. So yeah he could be the first rank S that they've mistaken as a rank E.

That's what i'm thinking here. Gel has so many properties. Just look at portal; speed gel, jumping gel, portal gel (just kidding, lol). But seriously. If you do a quick google search, this is what you'll find.

Wikipedia article on gel: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gel
Main points:
  • Hydrogel:
    • Healing properties.
    • Water Gel Explosives
      • Uses aqueous ammonium nitrate - explosive
        • Aside from being explosive, it's poison if ingested.
      • Tovex is a kind of water gel explosive that mixes in ammonium Nitrate and methylammonium nitrate.
    • Acts on body's transport systems (interrupting the metabolism causes what? ;) )
    • Absorbent
  • Organgel:
    • Food
    • Drugs
    • Cosmetics (Some cosmetic products are flammable and explosive)
  • Xerogels:
    • Depending on the kind, it can be heated and made into dense glass.
    • Aerogel
    • Synthetic and derived from gel. Replaces the liquid component with gas.
    • Insulator
    • Hygroscopic - retains/attracts water. The human body has a huge percentage of water. With this said, you should be able to figure out the rest.
    • Solid and Low density
There are other kinds of gels. But this is what you can get with the scientific definition of gel. In short, his powers are extensive. If he can manipulate his gel-like ability to this extent, then he'll be, at a bare minimum, A-Rank. Also, there are the fictional types of gel. Using what you said transform gel into deadly projectiles, get high-density hardened gel, and so on for light-weight armory and destructive weaponry. And yeah, if you consider cum a type of gel, then yeah, make the female community horny... Takara will have some trouble on his hands. But, in the end, if the author loves being creative and thinks of badass scenarios, then we might have our main character on the top ranks in the organization.

Edit: Forgot to say. I never mentioned the chemical make up of gel. So, be creative, what could he fling out with his gel? Ammonium Nitrate? Sulfuric Acid? Ammonia? Sulfur? Flouroantimonic Acid (pH of -28, the strongest superacid)? Sodium Hydroxide? Octane (petroleum jelly)? Seriously. This is that part that's fun. What sort of chemicals can he produce that will make his gel hazardous or deadly?

Edited by d4rk, 21 August 2012 - 04:02 PM.

Banagher14

Banagher14

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 2 posts
I seriously hope you're right, I'm kind of sick of having main character with ridiculously weak power who get treated as shit. I want him to have almost godlike or omnipotent power. I want him to be able to say, RIGHT IN YOUR FACE. And there, I'm talking about irony and not gel. XD
His gel could maybe change his chemical proprieties like what was mentioned as well as being controlled.

adruna

adruna

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 2 posts
what if his power don't evolves but he get to know how to use it so well it makes him really powerful?

d4rk

d4rk

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 33 posts
  • LocationIn a city hotter than hell.

what if his power don't evolves but he get to know how to use it so well it makes him really powerful?

If he doesn't expand his abilities, then he'd make one fine bed partner for the girls.

PrairieEagle

PrairieEagle

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 2 posts

That, or maybe it simply isnt burnable, cus i don't think *that* is burnable, and it seems like it's really *that*

"that"....water?
jk.
but I think gel has the property similarity of water, doesn't it? You can't burn it and electricity would be...I don't know exactly... It will be interesting to see.

PervySageChuck

PervySageChuck

Fried Potato

• Donator
  • 638 posts
  • LocationMonitoring my network of hidden cameras in your bedrooms and bathrooms!
Evil, hot-looking women of the world, tremble in fear!! This super-gel can impregnate you no matter how strong a condom or diaphragm is used!! This gel laughs at contraceptive pills! It sneers at morning after pills!! It scoffs at IUDs!! Feminazi Lesbian Master Criminals will be instantly changed into caring, loving, barefoot and pregnant wives in kitchens!! And don't forget the abject horror that this gel will inflict on closet gay, homophobic, Evil Mad Scientists and their suspicious male companions and henchmen named Igor!!

Another explosive spurt of justice for all of us male chauvinist pigs!!!

Spoiler

Always yield to temptation, it may not come your way again!

Thank you for your attention.
We now return you to your regularly scheduled manga, already in progress.

Delcatsifron

Delcatsifron

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 12 posts
Known Gel properties:
  • Cloudy-White
  • Viscous liquid
  • Slippery
  • Electrically resistant
  • Non-flammable
  • Heat resistant
  • Extremely Gross
He seems to secrete this rapidly from his skin...
, but becomes dehydrated from overuse?
Which would suggest that it is partly made up of water...

It could go a number of ways.
  • He could stay the same, but just use his friends to get up close to the enemy and drown them in his "stuff"
  • He could develop control over the stream and consistency of the Gel. Gel-tentacle scene ahoy!
  • He could turn his own body into Gel and slip through small places, swallow people, etc.
  • He could absorb water from his surroundings and 'Power Up' so to speak.
  • He could develop an equally gross secondary ability.
  • etc.
Either way, we will probably see gel-bukkake almost every chapter.

Malignor

Malignor

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 2 posts

His power already has potential, he just needs to learn new ways to apply it.

• He can slick himself/others to become harder to land a solid strike, and impossible to grapple/capture.
  • He can slick himself/others to slide at times, such as to slide through small openings at full running speed, or squeeze through tight spaces.
  • Make objects and surfaces slippery and cause opponents to fumble.
  • He can insulate himself/others to resist energy based attacks.
  • He can gum up precision-based machinery, such as rendering a gun or computer nonfunctional.
  • He can temporarily blind opponents.
  • He could coat or clog something that explodes on exposure with air, giving him options for delayed demolitions.
  • He can spray projectiles to mess their trajectory a bit.
  • He could drown someone if he holds them down for a few seconds... far quicker than strangling them.
  • He can probably survive & exert himself for extended periods in a desert by trapping in moisture and reducing sun exposure.

Take this guy and train him martial arts (knife fighting, knife throwing and grappling), tumbling, waterskiing and demolitions, and you have a highly mobile and deadly mofo. I'd take his power any day.

Edited by Malignor, 02 January 2014 - 06:54 PM.