Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Photo

Acchi Kocchi Latest Discussion

• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

Ishin Hazue

Ishin Hazue

Potato Spud

• VisTrans
  • 26 posts
  • LocationMalaysia
"manga2x" commented in the comment section saying there's a need of discussion thread because there're 5 pages of comments. I agree with him, so here's the thread!

Let's talk anything about Acchi Kocchi!!

Sorry for my bad English =\
Harujuku moment is crucial to me

yariel

yariel

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 232 posts
finally able to have a free time ...and ...
how I glad there's more Acchi Kocchi translation ...
big thanks for Aomori Hazue and team because their translation can represent 100% cuteness from this manga ...
BTW, the credit page also getting more and more fun to be read ...
this is the first time I'm seeking credit page for the release ... =3= ...

Pacifier

Pacifier

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 22 posts
Hah, you can even see our credits page if you Google images "Acchi Kocchi". Those bots aren't all bad huh. We're also doing Batoto a favor with this publicity!

The next release should come out in approximately what, 20 hours? I guess it's alright to ask for scan status or something but that would probably unnecessary pressure. We don't have a scanlation site since this is pretty much our first foray into scanlating. However, comments concerning quality and tips on how to improve quality are welcome. We're also unsure of Sugoi-Sugoi's status and what of the 14th and 15th chapters, though we probably won't be backtracking any time soon. It's straight to volume 3 and beyond!

"On topic" though, there really isn't much to say. It's a 4-koma manga. Maybe this should have been a "scanlation progress discussion" thread...

Ishin Hazue

Ishin Hazue

Potato Spud

• VisTrans
  • 26 posts
  • LocationMalaysia

"On topic" though, there really isn't much to say. It's a 4-koma manga. Maybe this should have been a "scanlation progress discussion" thread...

It should works fine either way I think.

On a random note, I like the randomness of the credit page.

Edited by Aomori Hazue, 17 June 2012 - 02:45 AM.

manga2x

manga2x

Fried Potato

• Donator
  • 575 posts
  • LocationTawi Tawi naval district
The "hand" in ch29 page 06
It's refer to handball foul in soccer, isn't it?

yariel

yariel

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 232 posts

The "hand" in ch29 page 06
It's refer to handball foul in soccer, isn't it?

indeed, they goes into soccer rune instead ... =3= ...
probably referring on Beelzebub how Oga get overhead kick on Volley Ball game ...

Ch 29 ... tons of parody ... and thanks for the info about several meaning of sfx ...
(I don't even know "hidebu" is the word from fist of The Northstar ...)

and ... wow ... first time I see Mayoi get nosebleed (by Io's patting) ... =3= ...

Hah, you can even see our credits page if you Google images "Acchi Kocchi". Those bots aren't all bad huh. We're also doing Batoto a favor with this publicity!

The next release should come out in approximately what, 20 hours? I guess it's alright to ask for scan status or something but that would probably unnecessary pressure. We don't have a scanlation site since this is pretty much our first foray into scanlating. However, comments concerning quality and tips on how to improve quality are welcome. We're also unsure of Sugoi-Sugoi's status and what of the 14th and 15th chapters, though we probably won't be backtracking any time soon. It's straight to volume 3 and beyond!

I suggest you don't do the scan status ...
usually it's actually makes the team get pressured and overflooded by pressure comment from reader ...
if that happen, it's actually make your motivation goes less ... and usually the project get abandoned ...
your pace for each 3-4 days per release is good ... (for 4koma) ...

and ... I'd prefer if the credit being taken from SS anime version if possible (if already aired) ...
this will promote the anime too and spread Acchi Kocchi more ...

Edited by yariel, 17 June 2012 - 08:44 AM.

komic

komic

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 17 posts
Hime-chan!!!! Kawaiiii!!!!!!

Nuff said.

Pacifier

Pacifier

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 22 posts

and ... I'd prefer if the credit being taken from SS anime version if possible (if already aired) ...
this will promote the anime too and spread Acchi Kocchi more ...

I'm not 100% sure of the anime status but I do believe it's still on going. I agree with you though and I will do it for the next chapter.

As for scan status, it's probably more to warn people of unexpected hiatuses or something and that the absence isn't a declaration of dropping the manga entirely. Any comments like, "omg plz release faster," would be more or less ignored frankly, no matter how good willed. I honestly don't see how comments like that could actually effect a scanlator but yeah.

We're a semi-casual bunch and the primary source of pressure probably comes from me (I prefer to get work done quickly). Still, I'm no tyrant (yet) so it's really up to Hazue how much work we want to get done, granted it takes around one day from receiving the translations to typeset it (I went ahead and cleaned all the way to volume 3). If I'm not busy with my Wii, then I could arguably fit two-three chapters in one day...but I'm a bit lazy myself.

manga2x

manga2x

Fried Potato

• Donator
  • 575 posts
That "Mukyuu" on ch 29 pg2
It reminded me to a certain book loving girl

Edited by manga2x, 19 June 2012 - 05:38 AM.

manga2x

manga2x

Fried Potato

• Donator
  • 575 posts
Acchi Kocchi Ending Single is available at nipponsei
It contain a full version of the ending song (4 minutes)
and Tsun Neko no Waltz It's cute. search it in youtube

Edited by manga2x, 22 June 2012 - 04:24 AM.

Ishin Hazue

Ishin Hazue

Potato Spud

• VisTrans
  • 26 posts
  • LocationMalaysia

Acchi Kocchi Ending Single is available at nipponsei
It contain a full version of the ending song (4 minutes)
and Tsun Neko no Waltz It's cute. search it in youtube

Had it long time ago =w=
I like the 2nd song (named "Acchi Kocchi Mainichi") in the OP single more. It gives a relax and warm feeling.

Ishin Hazue

Ishin Hazue

Potato Spud

• VisTrans
  • 26 posts
  • LocationMalaysia
Just an update to all readers, the pace of scanlating will slow down a bit as both me (the translator) and the typesetter have stuff to take care of for a few days.
Will keep you guys update.

yariel

yariel

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 232 posts
okay ... don't worry about it ... as long as you don't ditch this project ...
hmm the art drawing for Tsumiki character is good now ...
at past her drawing character is kind of .. gloomy ? (like in certain gloomy girl manga character ...)

Pacifier

Pacifier

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 22 posts
Now that I look over it, it's in volume 3 when Tsunmiki's hairstyle gets less flat and her 'ears' become hair colored with white innards. It's only towards volume 4 when her eyes become oval (instead of semicircles) and she more or less loses the heavy line beneath her eyes and the gloomy look with it. I also think her head gets a little more oblong too. Yay for art style shifting! But seriously, manga or anime, which did it first?

Anyway, I'm going to be rotating every page and using a standard page size, properly centering the panels as well. The scans for volume 3 if nobody has noticed are lower resolution. However, removing scan/JPEG artifacts is too time consuming so I won't be doing that. I usually work ahead, cleaning everything then typesetting when Hazue-san sends me the translation.

Ishin Hazue

Ishin Hazue

Potato Spud

• VisTrans
  • 26 posts
  • LocationMalaysia
Hey guys, I have an announcement to make.
I had officially quit being NEET and got myself a new job.
So from now on, Acchi Kocchi scanlation release will officially be slowed down, but don't worry, as I mentioned before, I will NOT stop translating. Though, you guys will have to wait longer than before.

manga2x

manga2x

Fried Potato

• Donator
  • 575 posts
Just a question, since I am not familiar with Japanese New Year custom

On ch33 page 06. What is "Poi"?

Ishin Hazue

Ishin Hazue

Potato Spud

• VisTrans
  • 26 posts
  • LocationMalaysia

Just a question, since I am not familiar with Japanese New Year custom

On ch33 page 06. What is "Poi"?

That "poi" has nothing to do with New Year Custom.
It's a kind of SFX/voice used when throwing some food/toy to a pet.
Actually, it's her action that counts, not the sound she made.

Edited by Aomori Hazue, 02 August 2012 - 08:12 AM.

manga2x

manga2x

Fried Potato

• Donator
  • 575 posts
I see, so it's a sound effect
Thanks for answering

Comadrin

Comadrin

Fried Potato

• Members
  • 799 posts
  • LocationManetheren, but more realistically Southern California
Just discovered this manga. Thanks, scanlators, it's great. I loved the latest chapter, with the cats chasing the frisbee. Cats are like that with some people (all over Io, but not everyone else). My wife can charm the most feral feline that would remove my nose if I tried to pet it.

svines85

svines85

Sweet Potato

• Contributor
  • 14,063 posts
  • Locationunderground like a wild potato

Haaaa...........just caught up to the latest chapter. It's cute and funny........though I've got to say, some of it just doesn't seem to translate (puns seem to be one of the most difficult things when it comes to translating/cultural references). 

Still though, cute and funny.  :)

Tn7HA0h.png