Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Photo

ToG MMORPG

Tower of god Mmorpg Naver Siu Baam Shinzo Tog

• Please log in to reply
170 replies to this topic

God of TROLLing LOL

God of TROLLing LOL

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 481 posts

gotta hav to disagree with this part because the ratios are waaaaaay to low meaning you're almost mass producing Irregulares taking into account you want to make this realistic the ratio needs to be waaaaaaay higher because think about it there are only 4 irregulares in the millions of regulares that hav set foot in the Tower(the only drawback is the unfairness of this system but as Lero-ro said luck is the most important thing in the Tower)

Oh, I don't really think it's the best, since it's only the scratches I've thinking on.
Still, if you put it that way, what about houses? Cuz if we do 100% like ToG, it will be boring since you know the whole thing ahead right?
Normal player who don't have houses to accept nor be an Irregulars, it's unfair since they can't get any bonus right? and mostly they will bored fast (since always got failed by house-r and Irregulars.)
So, if it come to this, normal player got their bonus too, but not that much, unless they luckily possessed powerfull weapon.
Yeah, since these are all complicated matter I believe we should make a forum to read easier. Sometimes I got confused around don't know what to reply:
: 1. Technical Issue, 2. Money Issue, 3. Game (Enhancing, Ranks, Houses, Players) Issue...
TYPE THE NUMBER OF ISSUE YOU THINK ABOUT BEFORE YOU TYPE

Edited by Inori Yuzuriha (´ ▽`).。o♡, 14 June 2012 - 05:09 AM.

Paper

Paper

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 498 posts
  • LocationStaring at an abyss that refuses to stare back

Anyway if you got free times try this game. You will see the power of Korean.

Off topic, but I've already seen the "power of Korea". It's called Tower of God and Trace, and a couple manwhas as well. I'm personally not a big fan of MMOs, but I am interested in certain aspects of game development (as a hobby, not a career).

On topic:

about the size of the game I think it's best to have the base game so to speak and have expansions(don't know how many depends on how hard you're going to make the tests) and just have people download them as they go up...

I smell two lucritive possibilities:
1) Expansions in the form of DLC.
2) A Free-2-Play base game, with paid purchase of additional "Floors".

Still, it'd be easier to produce and sell than one massive thing all at once.

Edit* Oh wait, both of those options are the exact same technically... woops.

*and I'd love to see permanent death (or... like a n-lives system) implemented, possibly where you have roles created by other places that are randomly selected from upon creating a character... so, you might create a fisherman living on floor 33 which someone else would get, and be assigned another's creation

Character optimization that is utilized by players other than yourself? Amazingly clever idea.

Edited by Paper, 14 June 2012 - 05:16 AM.

Spoiler

God of TROLLing LOL

God of TROLLing LOL

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 481 posts

Off topic, but I've already seen the "power of Korea". It's called Tower of God and Trace, and a couple manwhas as well. I'm personally not a big fan of MMOs, but I am interested in certain aspects of game development (as a hobby, not a career).

On topic:

Edit* Oh wait, both of those options are the exact same technically... woops.

No, it can not be easier to produce and sell one massive thing.
Since the file itself is hard to download it whole.
Episode is needed.
Like the expansion of Ragnarok online:
1->5 they make more maps and more countries.
5->10 they added 2nd class character, rebirths, high first class and 2nd trans class.
10->11 they distroyed 2 city and rebuild 1, moved 1 city to south east direction as.
12: they added 3rd job class.
13, 14: they added a new world and a grand quest system to accest that world, with different scenario quest to done when you get there.It's kinda hard... but yeah, it's one hell of interesting.

Paper

Paper

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 498 posts

No, it can not be easier to produce and sell one massive thing.

Isn't that exactly what I said. I was agreeing with the other person that making something in expansions is easier to produce than creating and releasing one massive blob.

Than not Then. Simple mistake, I know.

Edited by Paper, 14 June 2012 - 05:22 AM.

Spoiler

God of TROLLing LOL

God of TROLLing LOL

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 481 posts
yup yup~
How old are you anyway?

sobriquet

sobriquet

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 21 posts

3) Quant-style :D

I think there's lots of examples of ways to get money something like this:
Donations, subscriptions, game/expansion purchase, advertisements, freemium items (preferably aesthetic things instead of character advantages)... perhaps even something like Second Life, where you buy other people's user-generated content and virtual real-estate for you to control.

Paper

Paper

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 498 posts

yup yup~
How old are you anyway?

Prone to off topic inquiries, are we? Passed legal drinking age for a citizen of the U.S., if you must know.

But let's try and stay on topic, shall we? ;)
Spoiler

God of TROLLing LOL

God of TROLLing LOL

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 481 posts
...hmmm

Donations, subscriptions, game/expansion purchase, advertisements, freemium items (preferably aesthetic things instead of character advantages)... perhaps even something like Second Life, where you buy other people's user-generated content and virtual real-estate for you to control.

Good idea, but that's only possible in the .b version....I will explain what is the .b and .c verson anyway.
anyway I will try to make the whole thing clear this evening, since 1. I have to go to school, 2. I have to sleep. (it's 1:25 AM here, and it's super stay up power.)

Prone to off topic inquiries, are we? Passed legal drinking age for a citizen of the U.S., if you must know.

But let's try and stay on topic, shall we? ;)

...Onii-chan...
You are amazing...

Paper

Paper

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 498 posts

Or better yet, You only get one free life. Free to Play, initially. Must purchase new lives.
Oh what am I thinking, that's horrible!
Spoiler

God of TROLLing LOL

God of TROLLing LOL

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 481 posts
:batoto_031: :batoto_031: :batoto_031: :batoto_031: :batoto_031: :batoto_031: :batoto_031: :batoto_031: :batoto_031:
Time for me to sleep (plz.. just leave all your idea here, I will process it this morning and explain and reply this evening.~

sobriquet

sobriquet

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 21 posts

Or better yet, You only get one free life. Free to Play, initially. Must purchase new lives.
Oh what am I thinking, that's horrible!

...what a cruel man you are. Or perhaps something like floor 20, where you have to take out a loan with a lien to your liver if you lost at that level.

Paper

Paper

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 498 posts

...what a cruel man you are. Or perhaps something like floor 20, where you have to take out a loan with a lien to your liver if you lost at that level.

Worse, you get spammed with Diet Ads if you fail to payback your loans (which in this case, means passing the test).
And if you buy the Zahard Item Pack, you can equip Wangnan's Zahard Ring to any class in TF2. Maybe if you preoder the game you'll get the Black March as a replacement item for the Knife for Spy or something. Or do the same thing Call of Duty does, have a mappack (in our case, Test pack) DLC that unlocks 5 more Floors.

[sarcasm]And it's only ten or twenty bucks![/sarcasm]
(Never on sale though)

Edited by Paper, 14 June 2012 - 05:43 AM.

Spoiler

sobriquet

sobriquet

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 21 posts

Worse, you get spammed with Diet Ads if you fail to payback your loans (which in this case, means passing the test).
And if you buy the Zahard Item Pack, you can equip Wangnan's Zahard Ring to any class in TF2. Maybe if you preoder the game you'll get the Black March as a replacement item for the Knife for Spy or something. Or do the same thing Call of Duty does, have a mappack (in our case, Test pack) DLC that unlocks 5 more Floors.

[sarcasm]And it's only ten or twenty bucks![/sarcasm]
(Never on sale though)

SHINSOO-- THE REFRESHING ENERGY DRINK THAT WILL MAKE BEAMS COME BETWEEN YOUR LEGS

(also, I'm eagerly anticipating <sarcasm> tags being added in 6.0, with <em>, <strong>, <code>, <cite>, etc... just to screw up pages with people using those tags)

Cheers, I'm off~

...and really, Azure is looking to be a great way to sell and scale projects like this, especially with the latest release that lets you have permanent local instance memory and upload/clone VMs of lots of windows/linux flavours)

Edited by sobriquet, 14 June 2012 - 05:52 AM.

Fejknickarn

Fejknickarn

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 41 posts
  • LocationKyoto, Japan
I think it all sounds pretty nice and it would be possible to do alot of those things. As for a fanmade game, you'd have to put together a group of people that knows what they're doing, both in the programming department and also in how to make it enjoyable. Input could always be given by outsiders but if you have to many people deciding what to do it would be to confusing. I wouldn't have time to get invested in it, as you said Inori Yuzuriha, I'm here in Kyoto to study japanese and need to focus alot on that.

If anyone wants to try and get some people to work on it, then by all means do so, I don't think it would be easy but, if you do, start out small with max 5 floors or something and just tweak it from there. It would have to be a very long time project that takes baby steps to work itself bigger since it would atleast start out as a free-time project for some.

I watched the "future of MMOs" that you posted Paper and I do think that if a ToG MMO is going to have the slightest chance then it would be a group of people working on it as a long time project in their free-time, trying to figure out how to make it work and slowly build the base on it, maybe build a few floors and try to get them to work, just take baby steps without rushing into making a game and give it alot of thought on how to make it successful. Then in a few years time when you have a solid base and maybe a beta out for a couple of floors, show the game to a couple of studios and get them to bite on it and get involved with the game. If you managed to do that then you might be able to make a really successful game but it would be alot of free-time work and the people involved with it would have to be knowledgable in their fields.

Edited by Fejknickarn, 14 June 2012 - 05:54 AM.

Paper

Paper

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 498 posts
I personally see it being feasible as mod-material. Take a modifiable game and work it into ToG (as I mentioned before). It's a "proof of concept" that I'd be interested in seeing a demo of, but I don't expect it to be something official. That proof of concept could then evolve into a separate idea that becomes its own thing; that is, take the concepts and premise of ToG and turn it into a standalone game that is not actually based on ToG. That way, you could make a feasible and fun game and then say it was greatly inspired by this guy on Naver who's got himself a cool web series. There, you just increased his popularity without creating legal issues.

It's that kind of thinking that got me interested in reading Ayn Rand's Atlas Shrugged after playing Bioshock.

Edited by Paper, 14 June 2012 - 06:02 AM.

Spoiler

Icurus

Icurus

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 19 posts

I personally see it being feasible as mod-material. Take a modifiable game and work it into ToG (as I mentioned before).

It's that kind of thinking that got me interested in reading Ayn Rand's Atlas Shrugged after playing Bioshock.

Like they tried with bleach and one of the elder scrolls games. But the best part of tog is how compleatly different each floor is. You can almost drop regulars in every game ever made and it could still b connected to tog

LaFa

LaFa

Baked Potato

• Members
  • 1,384 posts
  • LocationUnited States
If you don't mind 2D, you can try using BYOND.
Here's a game I made using BYOND.

http://www.byond.com/games/FlashSpeed/SodaSplash

NooB.Ish

NooB.Ish

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 62 posts
Making any mmo is extremely hard. To make one of any quality (graphics, animation, scale etc) for a team of 100+ with a budget of millions takes 5 years. So you guys are in for alot of work. And i suggest to stay away from that random lottery for being an irregular. It'll make you lose players or never get them at all. Unless you make being an irregular in the game mean nothing but getting a special title or a cool looking hat then that just messes up the game for the people who weren't as lucky. It's best to stay away from features like that.

Splatulated

Splatulated

Potato

• Members
  • 112 posts
this game would also make for great single player too (i hope if eevr does get made into a game it has both MMO and single player)
Posted Image
Posted Image
Click Above

Don't Open Below .-.
Spoiler

Spoiler

Funfreek

Funfreek

Potato

• Members
  • 121 posts
BEST IDEA EVER!!!!