Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Photo

Fan Art Thread

• Please log in to reply
1191 replies to this topic

Macha

Macha

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 359 posts
  • LocationSchuttgart

More Kubera fan art, after Ch 94 xD

http://fc02.deviantart.net/fs70/f/2012/223/c/3/hoti_kubera_by_ilata-d5ars99.jpg
http://fav.me/d5ars99

I really like this way of colouring. Argh, I wish I was able to do something like this...
Posted Image

Mizura

Mizura

Couch Potato

• Members
  • 4,851 posts
Oh yeah, I forgot. Other comic of mine:
Baby due (Rajof family)

3492bk6.jpg

Kubera stuff: Character charts , Races and Cities , The finite (official side novel) ,
Official English Webtoons: https://www.webtoons.com

Ulmus Parvifolia

Ulmus Parvifolia

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 9 posts

Oh yeah, I forgot. Other comic of mine:
Baby due (Rajof family)

Oh, this comic is so wonderful... x'D Thank you, Mizura. By the way, did you draw it by hand and then scanned?

Mizura

Mizura

Couch Potato

• Members
  • 4,851 posts
Glad you liked it! xD Yup, pencil + scan. Bubbles and text using a program called Inkscape.
Also, lots and lots of panel re-use. :o *gets shot*

Edit: Moving these to the appropriate thread:

Edit: Oookay, I might have set off another round of drama at the KuCa. Apparently a fancomic I did of the main characters in Sura form may or may not be allowed there. D: The English translations of the rule only said something about world integrity (i.e. you can't change the world, by making humans into Sura or vice-versa for example) for fanfics (which I have no interest in writing), so I never gave it much thought for fanarts and fancomics. Apparently the Korean version of the rules may be different. Ack!

On the other hand, I now have an excuse to never draw some of the other ideas I've had. D:

Edit 2: Whoops, it seems like it's gone now. Oh well. :\ *scratches off most of the ideas I've had for fancomics*

Hmm, I did a think like that before where I swapped all their races (in fanart) but then again I never got around to finishing.

The ironic thing is that I originally planned it as just a fanart in the beginning. D: And then I decided I could add a few funny scenarios, then for some reason it just grew by itself after that. But you know, the first members who warned me thought that it even applied to fanart, until one checked the English rules (before I had the time to) and said that it seemed to apply to fanfic only (apparently that wasn't correct?).

I always did find it strange that I NEVER, EVER saw any fanworks (not even just fanarts) of the human characters as Sura (and I looked through a lot of fanarts. Not all of them but still). I was also contemplating a fanart portraying the Sura as European or other mythological creatures (mermaid, siren, centaur and naga), as well as some other comics involving various scenarios, but now I guess I can scrap them all (I never saw any fanarts like Those either). >.>;; It's too bad, somehow, I'm the type that likes to draw the characters in all sorts of scenarios.

Edited by Mizura, 29 August 2012 - 03:24 PM.

3492bk6.jpg

Kubera stuff: Character charts , Races and Cities , The finite (official side novel) ,

DoAru

DoAru

Russet Potato

• The Company
  • 224 posts
  • LocationSeoul, the soul of Korea.
Well, its okay if you are making a parody of something. like, Im planning on making all the Kubera characters into vocaloids.>.> Probably mythical creatures are okay.

Goobera

Goobera

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 397 posts
  • LocationHamburg, Germany ** Not a German, just a poor Half refugee living in hiding **
@fiveseconds: This one here --> fanfiction.net/s/8031764/1/Flying-Fish is really niiiiice :wub: :wub:
Supporting the Kubera Wiki: kubera.wikia.com/wiki/User:Goobera

Spoiler

Alacia

Alacia

Russet Potato

• The Company
  • 230 posts
  • LocationUSA
Ahh! I saw Mizura's and Ashenjay's comics. They made me smile :)

Posted Image
Teo and Gandharva fan art. Not necessarily a pairing, but could be.

Goobera

Goobera

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 397 posts
  • LocationHamburg, Germany ** Not a German, just a poor Half refugee living in hiding **
I found 3 funny Kubera fan videos on YouTube ^^ If you did not see those yet..
First is full Korean, but one can see what happens quite well and the song is nice:
http://youtu.be/-piZ0kjWJZ8

The second is an animated version of Kubera Chapter 0 Season 1, also fitting songs ^^
http://youtu.be/PVr2tCtd5Ng

And this one has the entire Chapter 5 Season 1 with voices and sound effects xD
(all is 100% Korean, but easy to follow when you read the translation of the Chapter)
http://youtu.be/WuX3yZaKeB8

I thought that the voices of Asha and Maruna were not that bad.. Gandharva was so-so, and Leez seems the least probable (girly and high pitched, sort of like some scared little schoolgirl) Siiiiigh, I wish there would be some Kubera movie, or animated series, or game or... xD

Spoiler

Goobera

Goobera

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 397 posts
Guys, this is so cool :D A big Kubera fan (who wants to stay anonymous for privacy reasons) send me this AWESOME photo of a Kubera and Yuta cosplay, from a big anime and cosplay convention photo shoot :D :

Posted Image

They did more stuff, there was Agni and Brilith and Asha, and they made a replica of the Staff of Agni (which I still hope I can post here.. maybe...), but the girl who send it wishes to protect her privacy, so I do not know if I will be allowed to post anything else. But this alone is already really cool, right :D? I hope Currygom visits this forum accidentally, and sees it too :D

Spoiler

SoulCool

SoulCool

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 86 posts
  • LocationUnited States
I guess you can't really call this art (It's computer-assisted), but I'd like to share it anyway. :D

Link.

It was made using Silk, an awesome Chrome Experiment done by Yuri Vishnevsk. Please check it out if you have Chrome installed. (Only works on Chrome, I think.) Please feel free to check it out.

おはようございます。

=^^=

.../\...

Alacia

Alacia

Russet Potato

• The Company
  • 230 posts
  • LocationUSA
Nope, works on Firefox too. Looks nice.

I drew this a while back, but forgot to update the thread.
Spoiler

Mizura

Mizura

Couch Potato

• Members
  • 4,851 posts
^ So pretty! *__* Lovely hair!

3492bk6.jpg

Kaiein

Kaiein

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 464 posts
  • LocationPhysically? Kansas Mentally? Too many places to recall at the moment.

Sooo... on July 12-14 I get to go to the Anime Festival Wichita 9 in Wichita, KS. XD It's still only March, and I'm already getting excited over it. :P

And I was wanting to do a Kubera character on one of the days. >yippee!< :D :D :D Last year they actually had three Kuberian Gods there: Indra, Yama, and Agni. Shuri tagged along with them (dang was she hot!); this is how I discovered Kubera in the first place. XD

My only problem: Who in Hell do I choose?! :blink:

I cut my hair last summer, so unless I somehow manage to buy a long-haired wig I'm rather stuck in that department. It's not boy-short, maybe a little longer than Leez's when it's grown out before I get it trimmed. That, and either my sister and/or myself will have to make the costume from scratch; we don't care, she makes costumes all the time and when I'm around (we live in different states) I'll make things with her, too.

Oh, and if you haven't figured it out yet, I'm a girl.

themantarays

themantarays

~A Majestic Ray of Light in the Dark of the Internet~ ☼_☼

• Comic Mods
  • 1,933 posts

So your hair is Leez length? Unless you want to go as a guy, there's only one option.... *HINT*

I'm too cowardly to go to anime conventions or I'd totally go as Yuta and try to find you ;)

Edited by themantarays, 19 March 2013 - 06:54 AM.

Kaiein

Kaiein

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 464 posts

I'm about 5 or so inches taller than Leez, though... And yellow/orange colors make me look sick, too. :( Only unfortunate part. I can wear just about any other color just fine. :D

My friend says that if she can go, we should do Sagara and Brilith because I can pull off Sagara's bad attitude and she has Brilith's ridiculously long hair (even when I had my hair grown out it wasn't as long as hers :P). That, and I'm not always that fond of dresses... So she said I should "wear the pants" haha. XD

Mizura

Mizura

Couch Potato

• Members
  • 4,851 posts

Omg! There are non-Korean Kubera cosplayers where you are?! So lucky! *__*

I'm too cowardly to go to anime conventions or I'd totally go as Yuta and try to find you

Kaiein: That was great! We had so much fun! Except for this one guy who seemed to be stalking me.

themantarays: That was me. >_>

Kaiein: ... oh.

3492bk6.jpg

themantarays

themantarays

~A Majestic Ray of Light in the Dark of the Internet~ ☼_☼

• Comic Mods
  • 1,933 posts

^I was just getting really into character....

Kosame

Kosame

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 52 posts

I've considered Yuta cosplay.
Building the wings will be challenging.
Eum, but I can use is muteness to aid in my communication.
Writing instead of talking would be a huge relief. =v=;;;

_こさめ_

[mail] kosame_ne[★]outlook.com ・ [★] → @ | [connect] links

Kaiein

Kaiein

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 464 posts

Omg! There are non-Korean Kubera cosplayers where you are?! So lucky! *__*

Kaiein: That was great! We had so much fun! Except for this one guy who seemed to be stalking me.

themantarays: That was me. >_>

Kaiein: ... oh.

Well, I'm not sure about that. One of the local community colleges around there has this huge international exchange program, and plenty of Korean students go there. So it doesn't surprise me, now that I think about it, that the guy and girl who were Yama and Shuri were most definitely Korean. However, Indra and Agni were both definitely American, so I guess Yama and/or Shuri introduced the world of Kubera to them. XD

@themantarays, If I found you following me to my sister's place I don't think that would end well... XD People always wonder why they never see me angry, but always hear me be sarcastic and snarky. Well, I'm a slow-burning fuse, so if I don't let off steam every now and then I'll have a rage blow-up similar to one of Vritra's or Taksaka's. :P

@Kosame, I'd totally go as a guy character if I could get away with it. My figure a little too girlish for that, though. <_< Not that I mind. Thanks to that I don't have high schools guys constantly clamoring for my attention; the unfortunate thing is that I get guys up to 10 years older than me hitting on me instead. Oh well. <_<

scarlettsong

scarlettsong

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 5 posts
  • LocationUnited States

I noticed there were no Kubera AMV's on youtube (with an english song) so I made one that's about a minute, I think it turned out good, hope someone likes it. Yuta X Leez <3 Vid.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R-4AKsVLChg&feature=youtube_gdata

'Kubera: Yuta & Leez' by eyesofterror

Edited by scarlettsong, 27 March 2013 - 09:47 PM.

Blah~