Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Photo

...Seinen?

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

God of TROLLing LOL

God of TROLLing LOL

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 481 posts
Why it's a seinen manga? It's shoujo?

komic

komic

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 17 posts
no it's not. If anything it's Shoenen.

MezzoParody

MezzoParody

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 388 posts
This is a really really really common misunderstanding, but K-On! is actually seinen.

Seinen/shoujo/shounen/etc are NOT genres and have nothing to do with the manga's content. They're just demographics. A seinen manga is one that runs in a seinen magazine, and all that means is that the magazine is targeted at adult males. It has nothing to do with the manga itself. K-On! does not run in a shoujo magazine, nor does it run in a shounen magazine. K-On! runs in Manga Time Kirara, which is a seinen magazine. It's a seinen manga whether it feels like it makes sense or not.

If I didn't explain it well enough, maybe the "Manga Demographics" page on TVTropes would help more.

God of TROLLing LOL

God of TROLLing LOL

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 481 posts
thx, I already know that it's published in a Seinen manga but why not shoujo? Me I hate shoujo and this one got the same fate. Should we change it to Shoujo? It's not suitable for guys, too girl-ish.

MezzoParody

MezzoParody

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 388 posts
That sort of thing doesn't matter. Even if it's "not suitable for guys", it's seinen. Even if you think it should be shoujo, it's seinen. Shoujo doesn't equate to girly, seinen doesn't equate to manly. They're demographic groups. And K-On! happens to be aimed at men, because a lot of men actually like it and spend their money on it. This sort of thing isn't subjective, so no, we shouldn't just change it. It's correct the way it is.

Graeystone

Graeystone

Potato

• Members
  • 141 posts
  • LocationNW PA
As a general rule 4-Koma tend to get considered Seinen.

Posted Image

Power without Love leads to tyranny. Love without Power to protect will fade.

The only absolute thing about absolute techniques is that sooner or later somebody absolutely breaks them.

There are no fan-boys. Just an-girls who don't need a bra and their plumbing is on the outside.

God of TROLLing LOL

God of TROLLing LOL

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 481 posts

That sort of thing doesn't matter. Even if it's "not suitable for guys", it's seinen. Even if you think it should be shoujo, it's seinen. Shoujo doesn't equate to girly, seinen doesn't equate to manly. They're demographic groups. And K-On! happens to be aimed at men, because a lot of men actually like it and spend their money on it. This sort of thing isn't subjective, so no, we shouldn't just change it. It's correct the way it is.

Then it's Josei.
Seinen Definition: Seinen means "young Man" Manga and anime that specifically targets young adult males around the ages of 18 to 25 are seinen titles. The stories in seinen works appeal to university students and those in the working world. Typically the story lines deal with the issues of adulthood.
Josei: Literally "Woman". Targets women 18-30. Female equivalent to seinen. Unlike shoujo the romance is more realistic and less idealized. The storytelling is more explicit and mature.
I took that from Batoto search. I hate Shoujo and Josei and Yuri and Yaoi and Shou- Ai.
Anyway, dear K-ON fans: Why don't you start asking yourself:
WHY SHOULD THIS GOT THE NAME OF K-ON AND NOT TEA!

Edited by God of TROLLing LOL, 04 July 2012 - 12:21 PM.

Arlo

Arlo

Potato

• Members
  • 145 posts

thx, I already know that it's published in a Seinen manga but why not shoujo? Me I hate shoujo and this one got the same fate. Should we change it to Shoujo? It's not suitable for guys, too girl-ish.

Your opinion has been noted, however, we regret to inform you that, attached though you might be to it, it's only your opinion and has no bearing whatsoever on reality.

Reality, in this case, is that it's published in a seinen manga and is therefore a seinen title.

Have a nice day.

MezzoParody

MezzoParody

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 388 posts

Then it's Josei.

You're either very confused or you're trolling. With a name like that, I'm quite inclined to believe its the latter. But I'll try and clear things up just in case.

K-On! Has nothing to do with the josei demographic. The definitions you posted were correct, but it seems your interpretation of them was not. K-On! is targeted at males typically between the ages of 18-25, which means its considered seinen. Not josei, not shounen, not shoujo, just seinen. Really.

WHY SHOULD THIS GOT THE NAME OF K-ON AND NOT TEA!

Because it's about a light music club. Light music = けいおん = Keion = K-On. There's no deep meaning in it.

God of TROLLing LOL

God of TROLLing LOL

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 481 posts

You're either very confused or you're trolling. With a name like that, I'm quite inclined to believe its the latter. But I'll try and clear things up just in case.

K-On! Has nothing to do with the josei demographic. The definitions you posted were correct, but it seems your interpretation of them was not. K-On! is targeted at males typically between the ages of 18-25, which means its considered seinen. Not josei, not shounen, not shoujo, just seinen. Really.

Because it's about a light music club. Light music = けいおん = Keion = K-On. There's no deep meaning in it.

Where the *** do they do music club? All I see is tea, tea and tea. "Have some tea?"
Posted Image
Go watch this:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SCA_Tb4W9WM

Edited by God of TROLLing LOL, 05 July 2012 - 04:57 PM.

God of TROLLing LOL

God of TROLLing LOL

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 481 posts

MOTHA FUQING TEA!

TheRater

TheRater

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 38 posts
cute girls doing cute things. you know what girls wuld think? "dam dem betches trying to act moe and shet, they should just die those sl*ts" no way is it shoujo, they are deliberately acting in the interest of otaku men that like to watch girls eat and sleep. even the content isnt shoujo like

God of TROLLing LOL

God of TROLLing LOL

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 481 posts

cute girls doing cute things. you know what girls wuld think? "dam dem betches trying to act moe and shet, they should just die those sl*ts" no way is it shoujo, they are deliberately acting in the interest of otaku men that like to watch girls eat and sleep. even the content isnt shoujo like

Nobody like reading those, unless they are pedophiles. So you are saying that Japanese people got the highest rate of being pedophiles?

TheRater

TheRater

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 38 posts
nah japanese arent pedophiles, they are lolicons. they arent interested in real women *looks at thailand* thats where you can guy 9-11 year old girls, japan you buy 15-25 girls, but those guys arent lolicons, they are pedos.