Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Photo

What is one piece?(the treasure, not the manga)

• Please log in to reply
69 replies to this topic

VanderDeckenIX

VanderDeckenIX

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 21 posts

I think it's going to be the history of the Void Century and all of the information from all of the ponyglyphs all in "one piece". I also think it will give directions to, or a history of, the Ancient Kingdom whose very existance threatens the world government. I think finding it will be the key to overthrowing the world government and righting the many wrongs in their world. Thus, I don't think the series will end with the discovery of one piece, but that discovery will just begin a new chapter where they join the revolutionaries in overthrowing the government.

Am I the only one who thinks that this is a major letdown? Even worse than saying Tobi=Obito.

dentsetsu

dentsetsu

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 1 posts
Gold D. Roger's suppositories

Rand_alThor

Rand_alThor

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 5 posts

I think it's going to be the history of the Void Century and all of the information from all of the ponyglyphs all in "one piece". I also think it will give directions to, or a history of, the Ancient Kingdom whose very existance threatens the world government. I think finding it will be the key to overthrowing the world government and righting the many wrongs in their world. Thus, I don't think the series will end with the discovery of one piece, but that discovery will just begin a new chapter where they join the revolutionaries in overthrowing the government.

Am I the only one who thinks that this is a major letdown? Even worse than saying Tobi=Obito.

Gu ra ra ra ra! :lol: Well if you're going to put it on that level, I guess I'll take it as a compliment since Tobi is, in fact, Obito.

However I don't really understand why that would be a disappointment. Like I said:

Frankly with all the problems in the World Government and the pirates who only care about monetary treasure, I would be really disappointed if they found one piece and it was just a bunch of money. Think about how unfulfilling it would be if they were like, "Well that's the end. Thanks for watching/reading for 15 years. Sure the world government and a good portion of the marines are still corrupt, sure greedy pirates are still causing havok around the world, but all the Straw Hats are rich now so, um... bye!"

Would you really be happier with just a bunch of money? I'm sure there will be money in addition to the knowlege the way the two were both present on Sky Island, but I really doubt that when Roger called it One Piece, he was referring to money. Can anyone tell me what's so bad about my prediction? Or does anyone else agree that that would be an awesome way to give the treasure "One Piece" a greater meaning?

Edited by Rand_alThor, 30 August 2012 - 10:36 PM.

Lance Nguyen

Lance Nguyen

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 1 posts
when luffy and the crew get to raftel (the final island) sanji will have found all blue , zoro would be the greatest swordsman in the world , luffy would be pirate king , robin will have found the rio poneglyph , franky would have completed his dream ship (cause it got all the way to raftel), Nami gets the map of the world, and when ussop becomes the greatest sniper.
They also find the gold but its all about the adventure

otashi

otashi

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 2 posts
obviously its got to be related with the name maybe ochiiro thought about what the treasure would be even before the manga started

ValorantX

ValorantX

Baked Potato

• Contributor
  • 1,601 posts
Now we have to think of it in two ways........ the series will conclude when Luffy finds One Piece (that we can pretty sure of, though not 100%) plus it has to serve as a satisfying ending. I can't really think of One Piece as anything else than what it is said to be..... a really big treasure. But does a lot of treasure make someone the pirate king? Isn't becoming the most dominant captain of the seas as well as the most powerful make on the Pirate King? That's the question here. One might say "oh the one who conquered the seas by reaching the final island with nothing being there in itself proves that one is the most powerful pirate on the seas" but that's boring. Oda must have thought of something really creative, because that's how he always is.

Edited by Saphsin, 02 September 2012 - 12:25 AM.

"Once you label me you negate me." - Soren Kierkegaard

DyranLK

DyranLK

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 20 posts
I really can't see One Piece ending as soon as Luffy finally finds One Piece itself (if he even finds it at all), but in the same time, I guess it's hard to think up of anything at this point, to tell the truth.
Posted Image

"Depending on who you place in the same situation, the characteristics of said incident change kaleidoscopically. In other words, there is one incident; however, there are as many stories explaining it as there are people involved in it..."

ValorantX

ValorantX

Baked Potato

• Contributor
  • 1,601 posts
I'm not saying it has to end at that moment but One Piece is an adventure type manga and it's hard to see how it'll continue on when the adventure ends.

That reminds me, Shanks & Buggy were both on Gold Roger's ship, so they both must have left the ship before they reached the last island where One Piece is. But there was also a flashback in which Shanks and Buggy decided to seperate and make their own crew after Gold Roger's death sentence so I'm not sure what to think of it.... It also doesn't make sense to just leave their crew (nakama).

Edited by Saphsin, 03 September 2012 - 02:28 AM.

"Once you label me you negate me." - Soren Kierkegaard

Meow Zorg

Meow Zorg

Potato

• Members
  • 115 posts
  • LocationNapa, California
A new adventure.

To be honest i believe that fan service is terrible

TeaCat

TeaCat

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 85 posts
Well with Nico Robin finding what Gol D. wrote on one of the poneglyphs (sp) I guess that one piece may very well be one of the 'ancient weapons' and will give luffy unparalleled power when he aquires it and he will then yell out "this is my territory" and fishman island will be destroyed.

spiderdimond

spiderdimond

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 15 posts
One piece of a map, which will lead to more adventures open ending kind of deal(and of course lots of gold treasure)

Melisandre

Melisandre

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 3 posts
  • LocationQueen's Landing
Maybe the last piece of Poneglyph,THE ONE (last) PIECE THAT REVEAL THE LOST HISTORY!
It's obivions not gold,Luffy and the team had many gold over the adventure and gold can't make you Pirate King =_=
I like, Rand_alThor, think it will be war with the government,and all the people that Straw Hats ever helped them ,will join and help with the Rebels and The Pirates to defeat them !
It would be the great last arc/saga :D
And also ,Oda already said that only HE knows what One Piece mean . Also he said he already have ending for OP. SO DONT WORRY ! IT'S ODA! HE WON'T DISAPPOINT!

"Power is a curious thing...Three great men, a king, a priest, and a rich man. Between them stands a common sellsword. Each great man bids the sellsword kill the other two. Who lives, who dies? Power resides where men believe it resides; it's a trick, a shadow on the wall, and a very small man can cast a very large shadow."―Varys (Game of Thrones)

knightedkingdom222

knightedkingdom222

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 6 posts
I think we are all over thinking it " i think it is just all of Gol D. Rogers treasure ( Gold, sliver, diamonds) in "one piece" but he also had is intentions with it like he wanted people to go on an adventure looking for it, and he wanted to bring something into the pirate world that would inspire people to dream big and go for the to gold.
Though my other theory is that it could be the devil fruit tree...

Fluffyknowsyou

Fluffyknowsyou

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 61 posts
Although it's probably been said already, one piece is probably just a legend to inspire others.

dotsiebunny

dotsiebunny

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 9 posts
  • LocationIndianapolis, IN
I have a running gag with my friends about how One Piece is literally a one piece swimming suit. It's golden and glistens in the sun, which when found will be put on by Luffy, and he shall walk into the sunset, finally being able to say with pride that he is the pirate king.
-Flower boy is best album of 2017 fight me (not actually)
-one day I’ll make a signature who knows

hogofwar

hogofwar

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 32 posts
I think there will be an "afterstory" after finding one piece as it has been stated it could throw the world into a war/chaos or something.

bloodseed

bloodseed

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 2 posts
  • LocationIndonesia
One Piece is a joke made by gold D roger for swindling idiot people on the ocean

SHURORORORORORORORO

Edited by bloodseed, 11 December 2012 - 09:10 AM.

Baltringue29

Baltringue29

Potato

• Members
  • 191 posts
  • LocationCanada

I agree that a huge army under Luffy's command isn't his or Oda's style, but Luffy has already been the spearhead of a huge army without being the leader of that army as in the battle to save Ace.

I picture Dragon leading the army and Luffy and his crew being the spearhead as well as the ones that brought the key information to the rebels. You could look at it like Han Solo and Luke in Star Wars IV. They didn't lead the rebels at that point, but they delivered the needed information to the rebels and were integral in securing victory.

As for the whole story being to find the treasure, I disagree. The title "One Piece" would be just as valid if the treasure was knowledge that would cause a war and lead to a new world order. Plus, I personally think he won't be the only one of the 11 supernovas to find Raftel. "One Piece" would then be about what they found and what they are doing about it while Luffy continues his quest to be the Pirate King and right wrongs where he sees them.

Frankly with all the problems in the World Government and the pirates who only care about monetary treasure, I would be really disappointed if they found one piece and it was just a bunch of money. Think about how unfulfilling it would be if they were like, "Well that's the end. Thanks for watching/reading for 15 years. Sure the world government and a good portion of the marines are still corrupt, sure greedy pirates are still causing havok around the world, but all the Straw Hats are rich now so, um... bye!"

Can't agree more with you!

when luffy and the crew get to raftel (the final island) sanji will have found all blue , zoro would be the greatest swordsman in the world , luffy would be pirate king , robin will have found the rio poneglyph , franky would have completed his dream ship (cause it got all the way to raftel), Nami gets the map of the world, and when ussop becomes the greatest sniper.
They also find the gold but its all about the adventure

I would say the same, ain't some philosopher said :"it's not the destination that count, it's the travel in itself"

Edited by Baltringue29, 02 May 2013 - 04:21 PM.

Dragon88

Dragon88

Fried Potato

• Members
  • 519 posts

Gu ra ra ra ra! :lol: Well if you're going to put it on that level, I guess I'll take it as a compliment since Tobi is, in fact, Obito.

However I don't really understand why that would be a disappointment. Like I said:

Would you really be happier with just a bunch of money? I'm sure there will be money in addition to the knowlege the way the two were both present on Sky Island, but I really doubt that when Roger called it One Piece, he was referring to money. Can anyone tell me what's so bad about my prediction? Or does anyone else agree that that would be an awesome way to give the treasure "One Piece" a greater meaning?

I actually agree with you.  And I actually think as the person above posted stated, it's not the destination that count, it's the travel in itself".  I actually think its both but One Piece is the final puzzle to everything.  And its not for everybody as WB never cared for it and Shanks also does not seem to want it.  But for the shs it seems like the best thing and they seem like the right people to get the one piece.

iconxraiza

iconxraiza

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 43 posts

It is a compilation of theories I read in a lot of forums, not mine, but am too lazy to check whose it is. Mostly from Japanese OP Wikia. Will elaborate it a little and give my little two cents.

There's a lot of theory about One Piece's ending and what is One Piece. I do think it is related. Logically the manga will end when One Piece is found. I am sure everyone remember the ancient unnamed still Kingdom from void century. It is indicated that the kingdom is so big, yet no one appears to remember a single thing about it. It is also hinted that the current world government is an enemy of this kingdom. There must be something that the kingdom did that made the 20 nations united (thus later became the world government), opposed them and lead to the kingdom's downfall.

The theory I read is like this: The kingdom wish to unite the world into one, destroying the red line. Their logic is that with red line gone, it is easier to commerce or voyaging from all over the part of the world. The ancient weapons is prepared for such project. They will use Pluton to destroy the red line. With Red Line destroyed, the magnetic and weather line is disrupted, and it is Uranus's duty to control the situation. Then what Poseidon do? Our mermaid princess will command the sea kings to carry Noah taking all of the Ryuguu's kindom to the land above. Why? Since it's a given the kingdom could not stayed there if Red Line is destroyed. So Joy Boy's promise is to take the kingdom to their longed sun. 

In short, one piece is a the ancient kingdom's project to unite the world into one, one piece of the world (very bad pun, am sorry).

The kingdom is destroyed maybe because :

1. Another kingdoms does not want the ancient kingdom to dominates the world

2. They found the plan to be too risky

Both of the reasons is reasonable. Personally I found that if the reason is true, then what the GV did back then is quite justified. But maybe they've gone too far and destroyed the kingdom altogether? This is the reason why Arabasta did not join the tenryubuto. The sand country is such a good nature one haha.

So by going even further, the mugiwara will found out about the project. But personally I can't find Luffy do the plan, even if, by another theory, by carrying the name of D, that maybe is the Kingdom's royalty line. I just can't picture him to do that. I do not get his probable motive to do that. 

tidbits 1: By this theory, many assume that Uranus is Eneru's Vairy Fearth (the moon). Since he found the civilization up there, and moon is naturally weather controller (and has gravity to be used (?))

tidbits 2: With Red Line gone, All Blue is created in the place where all the sea's meet (previous reverse mountain). Sanji will found his dream. Nami would also be able to draw the world map (since it's the end of new world and another landmark is created). Another crew member's dream is fulfilled to since the journey is finished. 

The theory seems adequate for most part. I do find some debatable aspect, but the thread is about what is one piece so I will stop here. I am sorry if my words are hazy. English is my 4th language.