Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Photo

zombie

prisoner

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

Demonkonga

Demonkonga

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 25 posts
  • LocationOakland ca
this is pretty dam good

Sarapico

Sarapico

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 4 posts
  • LocationLeiria
The premise sounded cool, so I started reading.
The first chapter and second were alright. But the third and the beginning of the fourth weren’t all that great, I mean, it’s already been done just like that, and better in “I am a Hero” (also in Batoto). But then in the end of chapter four… it was a huge, like a mountain huge WTF is this? Man, now this is the shit.
I know the first chapters of a manga follow the almost set in stone and formulaic steps of all those others before. It’s almost impossible to judge a good manga for the first three chapters. Those are just there to set the tone, introduce some major characters and to get some fans of the genre. After that… let loose!

RogZiel

RogZiel

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 18 posts
We need more chapters.

Suwa

Suwa

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 40 posts
agreed for now. let`s see this for awhile longer,

date_tsurugi

date_tsurugi

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 14 posts
  • LocationIndonesia
the man-dog zombie is the real deal (read: shiz) though.

paul.huy.bui

paul.huy.bui

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 38 posts
  • LocationAustralia
In my opinion their concept of zombies is very unique. How the zombies are still able to talk, but their actions are deluded. It's a bit odd but overall, I suppose it's something new and refreshing.

Edited by paul.huy.bui, 07 February 2013 - 07:37 AM.

shin-sekai-yori1.png

Shinsekai Yori

RayGun

RayGun

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 12 posts
  • LocationPig Sty Alley
Awsome

tumblr_lzsh2olFj21qm9791o1_400.gif       tumblr_m018qiFNGK1qeumowo1_500.gif

Harbinger

Harbinger

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 75 posts

-.-
honestly, I saw the problem with her and her soldiers coming long before I reached the pages where they voice their concerns^^
I mean why the hell would someone bring choppers and everything to save a bunch of prisoners and then suddenly make a call and say that their families are fine

You sure noticed that the places where their families seemed to be were all over the world and there are only two kinds of people who would treat zombies that behave like that as people:

Some people who had lost their minds and scientists. The worst kind of scientists.
She doesn't look like she lost it and a soldier won't show such "sympathy" towards the infected so that means that she is actually a scientist

What waits for the group?
Well, they are obviously trying to seperate them with the excuse of letting them meet their families.
Why not use force?
People who spent quite a while in prison and killed a bunch of zombies are dangerous, so in case they start to revolt, better seperate the group beforehand so that revolts are easily contained
Ssure they will be put together with other survivors, but none of them will know each other so there will be a big lack of trust

As soon as they all are seperated, they will most likely attempt to sedate them, most likely by putting it into their food or by letting them inhale the sedative, in order to make transport them without any trouble and so they have no idea where the hell they were taken to

After that...
Interrogation, maybe torture, execution to avoid data leakage or human experimentation
Why?
She said that they were trying to make a vaccine.
Either she was lying or she was serious...
If she was serious, then she'll most likely do human experimentation on them.
Why?

Because in order to produce a vaccine, there are some steps needed.

1) You need the virus itself, as "original" as possible (most likely that is why they wanted that guy who controlled the zombies as the virus most likely originated from him)

2) You need to know the effects of the virus and the mechanisms on how it works, starting from how it can and can not be transmitted right down to how it spreads inside the host's body (plenty of zombies around, so no problem with getting enough "material" for that one

3) You need to be able to observe how the disease spreads in real-time as well, so you need to actively infect someone, strap the unfortunate person to a scanning device (like a CT- scanner) and observe it in real time.

Here this is usually done with animals, preferrably rodents or maybe small primates (their DNA is more similar to ours)

The problem is that this virus apparently only affects humans (a virus that specifically only targets humans cannot infect anything else, has something to do with the surface protein structure of the host cells, look it up on wikipedia for more details)

4) You need to try the vaccine out. A LOT.

As it will start off with heaps of failures at first (especially when it is a new disease that isn't based on a known, curable disease) and for that you need healthy/recently infected people. As the incubation period (the time of receiving the virus until the first symptoms show) is VERY short, they would require healthy people for that.

And the perfect candidates for that is a bunch of prisoners that were sentenced to long imprisonment anyways, so nobody would care if they disappeared and if someone asked, all they had to do is say they got infected and release them somewhere where other zombies are

Ah, one more thing:

The vaccine is more of a "proactive" thing, as most vaccines only work if administered BEFORE infection (weeks or months earlier), if you are bitten, there is no way in hell a vaccine will work, you'd need a serum with antibodies and you need it fast

There are 2 ways for them to become "dead men" candidates:

1) They trust her and go with her

2) Someone mentiones that weird guy who controls them or they find his body

Looking for translated light novels?

Baka - Tsuki

There are MANY translated light novels, including Highschool DxD, Toaru Majutsu no index, Infinite Stratos, Seirei tsukai no kenbu AND Date a live (the Manga adaption of which got cancelled after chapter 6)