Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Photo

Typo

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

truepurple

truepurple

Baked Potato

• Members
  • 1,461 posts
'don't take my pray from me', despite it being a angel like being, its spelled prey.

I thought I'd make a new thread for this so that any other typos found can go here too.

semperspes

semperspes

Russet Potato

• The Company
  • 454 posts
sorry for the shoddy job, we'll take more care next time.
Posted Image

mfkevinking

mfkevinking

Fried Potato

• The Company (inactive)
  • 582 posts
  • LocationMiddle of The Country
truepurple, as we have made note before... Typographical errors are bound to occur. A more constructive topic would be something discussing an inherent flaw in the translation, or a flaw in the subject content. An example of this would be the name spellings in Kubera.
Posted Image
Proud Ubuntu user since May 2010.

Com

Com

Potato

• The Company
  • 172 posts
  • LocationSeoul
gah sorry for the typo x=

truepurple

truepurple

Baked Potato

• Members
  • 1,461 posts
I didn't say it was a "shoddy job" and for that matter, I am not complaining. I am just reporting the typo  (look closer at my original post, you see even a hint of judgment in it? If so, your crazy) The purpose of reporting such errors is by being aware of when it happens, you are better able to avoid it in the future. (and considering the general storyline, I saw a high probability of this particular error happening again if I didn't point it out) So please, don't mis-react/misunderstand.

I would say though that you guys should reconsider your general policy regarding releases and re-releases, but I don't feel like talking about that now or in the near future. When I do I will just make a independent thread elsewhere.

or a flaw in the subject content. An example of this would be the name spellings in Kubera.

I don't get what you mean by "flaw in the subject content", and especially don't get how an example of those words would be the spelling of a name, since neither "subject" nor "content" have anything remotely to do with name spelling.

mfkevinking

mfkevinking

Fried Potato

• The Company (inactive)
  • 582 posts
  • LocationMiddle of The Country
truepurple, we've explained to you before, lol. We do not edit after release. So pointing out typographical errors is not constructive.

I don't get what you mean by "flaw in the subject content", and especially don't get how an example of those words would be the spelling of a name, since neither "subject" nor "content" have anything remotely to do with name spelling.

What I mean by flaw in the subject content is this: Kubera draws a lot of its subject matter from Hindu beliefs and their gods. Their beliefs and their gods have spellings that are already set down in English. So when we translate we have to figure out which god or belief Currygom is referring to and then use the correct English spelling. Pointing out an error in this fashion is constructive because it is relevant to releases in the future. Hopefully you see that the subject content flaws in this case are the Hindu gods' names(Gandharva et al.) and specific Hindu belief system references (Nastika et al.).
Posted Image
Proud Ubuntu user since May 2010.

truepurple

truepurple

Baked Potato

• Members
  • 1,461 posts
As I pointed out, errors can be repeated. If we do not realize our mistakes, we can not learn from them.

semperspes

semperspes

Russet Potato

• The Company
  • 454 posts
I only replied to acknowledge and apologise for the spelling mistake.

I called it a shoddy job, not you, because with that description, I aimed to put the typo down to carelessness and not a lack of grammatical knowledge. In that vein, because the error was only circumstantial, and as it could equally have been another word that was misspelled, in future, pointing out the spelling mistakes from a release will not be helpful.

Posted Image

Metroidhunter32

Metroidhunter32

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 29 posts
Does it matter? I've seen horrendous mistranslations and grammatical manglings in various manga before. The Company on the other hand does quite good translating and editing. Pray vs Prey really doesn't matter when you're reading it, unless you are OCD.