Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Photo

+1 web server!

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
10 replies to this topic

Grumpy

Grumpy

RawR

• Administrators
  • 4,078 posts
  • LocationHere of course!
Well, with the recent issues of server load, I had ordered yet another server to serve the website itself and was implemented just NOW. It makes the 3rd server just to host the website serving HTML stuff. ^^;; Hopefully we won't be having any more slow downs!! Yay!

-----------------------
For those who wants to know...

The issue was rather odd that prevented me from ordering another server earlier.
Our web server gets quite a load to serve. Normally, we get roughly 10,000~13,000 requests a minute. But once it spikes up to 17K (due to surge in traffic, some of which has been caused by bots recently -- tyvm), it wouldn't be able to recover from it. So, the server goes to a crawl; unable to serve anyone, not even 9,000 requests anymore. To give an analogy, take a highway. if the highway is capable of pushing 1000 cars / min, up to close capacity of cars, while packed, the highway still allows the cars to run at high speeds. But, once it's over capacity, everyone starts to go into a stand still of jam packed cars. The highway is no longer even capable of pushing 100 cars / min. The same phenomenon exists here. However, we are not a highway. Servers should recover faster. Not only did it fail to recover fast, it didn't recover at all (possibly because we always have a ton of traffic) by itself. This was a great puzzle to me and my sys admin (who is kinda famous for being awesome in the industry)...

In the end, I'm throwing more money at it to solve the problem. :rolleyes: And it sure has solved it... Enjoy the speed everybody!

Although, I actually did order 'earlier', just that... "There has been a transformer explosion at Corelink Las Vegas which is affecting power to their facility. Since we use them as one of our network PoP's, we've been busy making some adjustments to keep our network running in case we lose connectivity through that PoP." which delayed the actual deployment. I put up the 3rd server about 30 seconds after the link was finally connected.

OchaMeido❣

OchaMeido❣

The Head Maid

• Contrib Mods
  • 1,728 posts
  • Location@ the Greenhouse Tea Party~
Wow ~ :batoto_022: this is definitely a great new. aww.... grumpy the tech expert~ Thank you very much.You are so well inform of mostly everything.Now I can enjoy the speed ~ I love this website~^-^~

ןן Tea Party~ ןן "THE BAR" ןן

ןןGuide to Uploading/deltin/sortin ןן

ןן[Must read] COMMENT SECTIONS RULES ן

Follow the comment sections' rules or else, you will be hanging at the edge of an cliff ^^
It maybe one step closer to death's door or an extension of your life's time.

manga2x

manga2x

Fried Potato

• Donator
  • 575 posts
  • LocationTawi Tawi naval district
Thank you for the new server.
Although I can't understand, What is "transformer explosion at Corelink" means?

Kreian

Kreian

Baked Potato

• Members
  • 1,337 posts
thankyou Posted Image

tumblr_m792o1vknh1qj0scwo6_250.gif

hados9

hados9

Russet Potato

• Contributor
  • 352 posts
  • LocationIn line for Moderator
its too see we are still expanding here without me :P (even tho im a nobody to new members) and i love the highway explanation its cute and i hope we continue to expand and become better then everyone in the world :F

Dedicated Uploader- Hados9

Posted Image

Posted Image

annihilator

annihilator

Couch Potato

• Members
  • 2,035 posts
  • Locationnomad...
no other way of saying this....

Thanks Boss G!!!

you and your team are doing a great job for everybody....
i really appreciate how much you tend to our smallest whines...
thank you so much with the new server...

and yeah.. i like the analogy.... ^^

...m y a l t e r e g o...

Posted Image

Laurens D

Laurens D

Baked Potato

• tC Donator
  • 1,475 posts
  • Locationin the tower!
Wohoo thanks :D, lately received maintance screens hope it's solved :D

Posted Image

This is not my fault!

You could have bought my cookies.

Yu Han Sung

Yu Han Sung

Baked Potato

• Donator
  • 1,989 posts
  • LocationIn Cake Heaven, stuffing myself with cakes(chocolate, fruit, etc.). Mmm... :D
Awesome,... though doesn't it hurt to keep sinking in money, into Batoto? :P
http://www.cakewrecks.com/home/2012/3/29/sheep-who-must-not-be-named.html
For pony!!! :D

Miseng is supposedly the Prince of Zahard and thus, a trap. SIU, you've completely outdone yourself this time. :D :D :D

And I'm very sorry, I just rarely accept friend requests these days. I don't really do Facebook friend requests. Maybe next time. :P
------------------
Even though I like TOG, I have no favourite characters. There are only characters I get attached to, for the moment and some traits I adore, just for a while. In the same way, there is no character I hate or dislike. I may get annoyed, angry and so on, for a while.

Laurens D

Laurens D

Baked Potato

• tC Donator
  • 1,475 posts
  • Locationin the tower!

Awesome,... though doesn't it hurt to keep sinking in money, into Batoto? :P

Depends on the earning, Do think they earn a lot of money on this though ~

Posted Image

This is not my fault!

powha

powha

Vocaloid

• Contrib Mods
  • 1,117 posts
  • LocationGensokyo

Thank you for the new server.
Although I can't understand, What is "transformer explosion at Corelink" means?

Um well.. to make is simple:
It means that one of the transformers (they transform high power from the powerplants, to the one you can use) blew up.. :D

Also, nice upgrade. All hail Grumpy \o/

Edited by powha, 09 June 2012 - 12:21 PM.

Laurens D

Laurens D

Baked Potato

• tC Donator
  • 1,475 posts
  • Locationin the tower!

Um well.. to make is simple:
It means that one of the transformers (they transform high power from the powerplants, to the one you can use) blew up.. :D

Also, nice upgrade. All hail Grumpy \o/

Indeed, it's way faster now :D

Posted Image

This is not my fault!