Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Photo

Fallout discussion

• Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

Armed_Gunman

Armed_Gunman

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 51 posts
  • LocationGreece
There can no be a games forum without Fallout in it, in my books that's heresy.
So here we go.
I'm fan of Fallout series and Fallout 3 is to this day still my favorite game.
With a difficulty often made me hit my face on my desk(I dare you play melee at very hard, I double dare you brawling it out with a Deathclaw without almost maxed out stats & power armor), and generally the highest level difficulty was too much fun and ball crushing at the same time.
A massive apocalyptic world to explore, great story, great characters and your actions actually impacting the game.
That being said,those that played the Fallout series already know this. Those that don't... What are still doing here? Go play the whole damn series,
Anyways, I keep an eye out for any news about the series every so often.
Of course there will be a Fallout 4 and it seems like Mojave gonna be where it takes place and Caesar's Legion(meh) will have a major part in it.
I feel like Brotherhood of Steel is getting the short end of the stick in the story, again. You may love/hate them but can't disagree that those mofos clashing with NCR and even throw in some east coast Brotherhood/Outcast returning west and some Enclave, and would make for an even more epic setting.
I dunno Caesar's Legion felt... without reason of existence. Was it just me?
Maybe I'm kinda biased. what can I say, technology salvages in Power Armor > slavers in leather. -_-

Edited by Armed_Gunman, 01 June 2012 - 09:09 PM.

"What are you going to do, stab me?" - Stab Victim

MezzoParody

MezzoParody

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 388 posts
I played Fallout 3 for a while, but I kept encountering some stupid glitch that made me just decide to leave it alone. Haven'y played any of the others, but F3 is definitely an awesome game. I really like open world games, and though I felt like a few parts were a little too linear for my tastes, it definitely managed to suck me into the Capitol Wasteland.

Zed

Zed

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 62 posts
Ave! True to Caesar!!!

Murdath

Murdath

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 380 posts
  • Locationhere.
I have a bunch of mods installed but rarely play at all. Same with Skyrim. I love playing Evil in these kind of games.

Edited by Murdath, 02 June 2012 - 05:36 AM.

No one wants to be a slave. But if you do, please email me, because I'm looking for a few good slaves.

eorgeburns7

eorgeburns7

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 86 posts
i have beat fallout 3 like 8 times now and am still finding new stuff to do lol. i didn't much like new vegas as much to many glitchs and the endings kind of sucked i like playing a game and being able to be a hero of all the people.

Edited by eorgeburns7, 10 November 2012 - 06:40 PM.

so can i ask all the beautiful people  out there to check out my new blog http://alahme.com/ and give me new ideas on how to improve.

Seed

Seed

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 42 posts
The only "Evil" you can really be in the Fallout games is by murdering everyone. No faction in New Vegas is inherentantly evil, even the Legion just wants to make a better world.

And I constantly do new playthroughs of 3 and New Vegas. New Vegas' DLC is amazing, 3 is good too. Actually just finished a playthrough of 3, did all the DLC and explored a bit, now around level 24.

Havent been able to play 1 or 2, even though I own both of em from Steam, seems they arent very compatible graphics wise with Win 7 x64, cause the interface turns all rainbow-ey and its too distracting for me to be able to play xD.

@Eorge, there technically is no good or evil factions.. Since all four factions have a dose of both. And New Vegas is awesome. Gives so much more freedom of choices than 3 did, you literally can carve your character from a block of wood into anything. And if you want "Good" go with NCR.. Since technically they are the "good guys". Just do quests for them and try not to kill them or steal any of their stuff. Yes Man (The independant option) is also kind of "good" depending on your players role in the Mojave. If I were you, just explore. Theres so much.. And when you get done with it all, buy the DLCs and tackle those. New Vegas I have to say takes all of what made 3 a good game, leaving out the linear-ness and adding in amazing things like well written DLC (Cause face it, even though I sort of liked MOthership Zeta, it made no sense. And Broken Steel felt forced..) and adds in tons of weapons.. AND HARDCORE MODE!

I love Fallout. I could talk for hours and hours about it. xD

eorgeburns7

eorgeburns7

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 86 posts
seed i agree that new vegas is better than 3 in its own ways and i liked to explore the world of new vegas but i still didn't like how no matter what i did the ending didn't make me happy ( it is probably me and not the game). i agree the dlc is fun ( i played it at a friends) i just hope that in fallout 4 they take what i liked about 3 and new vegas and combine them in to awsomeness

Edited by eorgeburns7, 10 November 2012 - 06:46 PM.

so can i ask all the beautiful people  out there to check out my new blog http://alahme.com/ and give me new ideas on how to improve.

foxyeisenhower

foxyeisenhower

Fried Potato

• Contributor
  • 795 posts
  • LocationKONY 2013 STOP SOPA RIP Spider-man too soon

Ave! True to Caesar!!!

Playing New Vegas right now, trying to complete Beyond the Beef in the best way
why is this quest so fucking complicated
Spoiler

Sieg

Sieg

Fried Potato

• Members
  • 540 posts
  • Location.
Ceasar's Legion is "evil". They're like muslims or christians, killing people because of their belief.

Actually re-started playing it some a few days ago. Unarmed Brute, go!

Edited by Sieg, 11 November 2012 - 11:58 PM.

Zed

Zed

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 62 posts
I think the legion and the NCR are a picture of two extremities in societies. The NCR is a democracy, in all its corrupted and 'openminded' glory. The legion is a facist dictatorship, but there is hardly any crime at all in legion lands (because they crucify anyone who commits them).

LightYami

LightYami

Fried Potato

• Members
  • 587 posts
  • LocationSuomi/Finland, Tampere
I just wish that new Fallout would be made with more care and new engine, the New Vegas just felt like Fallout 3 with more weapons and sidequests, though it was more interesting ^^

''Do to others what you would wish to be done to you.''

My favourite song ^^

Armed_Gunman

Armed_Gunman

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 51 posts
  • LocationGreece
I'm fine with the current engine as it allows average PCs to handle newer Fallout games, but they really need to get their shit together regarding bugs, they managed to have more bugs in NV that its predecessor(and it's not like it had few) but they did improve companions MASSIVELY(pathing/shooting/interactions/depth),did some amazing vaults(11 so gud) and an amazingly diverse main quest with multiple paths and endings so I guess it's k.
I hope for multilevel maps(some vaults feel like mazes) more faction interactions/development and even more stats/perks/skill unique discussions(not to confuse with checks).

Edited by Armed_Gunman, 14 November 2012 - 02:18 AM.

.Jester

.Jester

Potato

• Members
  • 152 posts
  • LocationMuh bedroom
Quick question:
Did anyone else dislike the fact that a lot of perks you can get in Fallout: New Vegas had negitives to them?

Just another idiot floating around the forums.

Profile Song List Revision (05/13/2016)

83778d15.jpg

Spoiler

seyrine

seyrine

Unemployed Kitty In A Penguin Suit

• Administrators
  • 1,830 posts
  • LocationLurking nearby...

Quick question:
Did anyone else dislike the fact that a lot of perks you can get in Fallout: New Vegas had negatives to them?

I can't remember a perk that has any negative effect (except the Cannibal Perk). Can you give a few examples?

Spent more than 100 hours playing New Vegas while in uni. It was the only form of entertainment I had during that 6 hour break since that was before I found Batoto. xD Can't wait for Fallout 4!

Catch my story; the Neverender Series

Batoto's Rules Repository | Rules, Guidelines and FAQs

Rules and Regulations | How to get help | Frequently Asked Questions

If all else fails, PM me. And use the REPORT button if you see any content that may violate site policy.

Catch me on irc.idlechat.net (#seyrine) and D.F.T.B.A.!

Armed_Gunman

Armed_Gunman

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 51 posts
  • LocationGreece
Probably mixing up traits with perks, and I personally didn't mind them having also a negative effect since it's very easy to counterbalance it.

Zed

Zed

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 62 posts
You are mixing perks with traits. The best traits i found so far are Small Frame and Whacky Wasteland.

Sieg

Sieg

Fried Potato

• Members
  • 540 posts
  • Location.
Whacky Wasteland is fun.

I like the Dr. Who reference in Old World Blues.

foxyeisenhower

foxyeisenhower

Fried Potato

• Contributor
  • 795 posts
  • LocationKONY 2013 STOP SOPA RIP Spider-man too soon
I remembered how sexist the caesar's legion was so for my first run I ERADICATED THEM. then I killed the NCR.

Behold the glory of my eternal reign, I alone am God-King of the Mojave. I sit upon my throne of Whiskey bottles with my queen Cassidy, and hoard my hundreds of stimpacks and mountain of bottlecaps.

Melee Weapons 100
Unarmed 100
Guns 12
Spoiler

Sieg

Sieg

Fried Potato

• Members
  • 540 posts
  • Location.
Do you use V.a.t.s? I never use it. I dislike that system.

Edited by Sieg, 19 November 2012 - 09:03 PM.

Zed

Zed

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 62 posts

Do you use V.a.t.s? I never use it. I dislike that system.

It depends on what i am doing. Melee and Unarmed i really never use it, tho unarmed get bonus crit or something in V.A.T.S If i use guns and ammo is scarce i do find myself using it at times.