Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Photo

Current Chapter Discussion Thread [Spoilers]

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

Pacifier

Pacifier

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 22 posts
After seeing the wall fill up a bit, I figured people actually want to talk about parado- *ahem* the plot and how curious it all is. Since there's not even a single thread here, why not start a latest chapter discussion thread?

Note: The only 'spoilers' allowed outside of spoiler tags are for the current chapter on Batoto. Any content from releases not on Batoto must be covered up!

Nothing can really be justified in time travel. The future is limitless so killing himself might not actually vanish his daughters. Who knows, some other evil magic king might show up who marries the same wives and then the girls would be 'reincarnated' the same etc etc. Grasping at straws but entirely possible, even though in no way will the author do this.

My take on the future evil self is that maybe he isn't so evil. I just feel like he's faking his daughter's deaths (and blowing up the one character which can be rebuilt) in order to make his past self cooler in front of Nanako (as his own thought bubbles revealed). He knows he can't win her heart just be swooping her away to the future.

Of course, he could be every bit of a dick he acted out to be and still vie for the same goal, I just feel like no permanent damage was done (though tentacle/grope much?). Heck, Naoki's suicide stab was just under his ribcage to his stomach/liver (which I feel isn't as fatal as to the lung/heart) in front of two magicians who don't want him to die.

Blazemyst

Blazemyst

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 9 posts
hmmm is ch 16 the last chapter?

ZeKeR

ZeKeR

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 49 posts
  • LocationSomewhere in the Philippines
chapter 17...

and lets just say Iroha is something Naoki gave up achieving...

Pacifier

Pacifier

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 22 posts
After reading chapter 16 and I'm just laughing at how accurate I was.

Chapter 17 is the ending and it seems 50/50 whether Naoki ends up with this Nanako, which hardly got any screen time. All his 'daughters' are gone in space time/history of histories so if he loses the dating game, he'll be pretty much where he was.

I feel like this got axed regardless of it breaching the 'laws' against father-daughter relationships since even if it continued, there's hardly anything left to detail. When I first read this, I thought it was going to be a harem setup with one of each archetype and more girls coming from the future. Then the series felt like it took a u-turn straight for the ending and lo behold, it's obviously not the most well thought out one even amongst 'harem' mangas. I'll let chapter 17 decide what ultimate rating I'd give this very 'unfortunate' series.

So much for the first discussion thread I've ever made XD...