Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Photo

Pin vs Kento (Version 2)

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

Poll: Pin vs Kento (Version 2) (96 member(s) have cast votes)

Who do you want Ayane to end up with?

1. Pin (57 votes [59.38%])

Percentage of vote: 59.38%

2. Kento (39 votes [40.62%])

Percentage of vote: 40.62%

Vote Guests cannot vote

HatsumiShinogu

HatsumiShinogu

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 29 posts
  • LocationUnited Arab Emirates
Who do you want Ayane to end up with?

TheDeathMuffin

TheDeathMuffin

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 13 posts
Kento, even before anything happened between them I kind of wanted them to end up together.

Comadrin

Comadrin

Fried Potato

• Members
  • 799 posts
  • LocationManetheren, but more realistically Southern California
Kento, definitely. As someone else pointed out in another thread, Pin acts like a buffoon and moron most of the time, and some occasional idiot-savant good advice doesn't negate the fact that he is an adult (teacher, in fact) and still has less maturity than anyone except the completely dateless dweeb that hangs around their group.

Uh, by the "dateless dweeb," I meant Joe (sorry, often have trouble remembering names of my neighbors, let alone characters from a couple hundred manga). Now there is a character provided solely for comic relief.

Grace Mirchea Luslec

Grace Mirchea Luslec

Baked Potato

• Members
  • 1,370 posts
  • Location80th Floor

I don't know why people are still feeding into this Ayane x Pin thing.

If she wanted Pin, she would of confess before she started going out with Kent.  If she do leave, it will make her look like bad and her friends will look down on her for dumping Kent for Pin.

This story isn't aiming toward that type of drama.

Goodbye! This was the last straw:

Grace Mirchea Luslec, on 05 Oct 2013 - 21:07, said:snapback.png

Off topic and I want to put this out there. Rachel > Koon

You presence is not wanted in the forums.

Sootopolis

Sootopolis

Potato Spud

• Contributor
  • 17 posts
  • LocationHoenn/Hyrule/Mushroom Kingdom/UK

I don't know why people are still feeding into this Ayane x Pin thing.

I don't think it's a case of people doing that, since the mangaka specifically focuses on Pin x Ayane moments, like in chapter 82, when she was caught off guard and had a doki doki moment over Pin. Those scenes are drawn for a reason; it might be foreshadowing romance but then again it could be to illustrate character growth. (My shipper heart wants it to be the former XD).

If she wanted Pin, she would of confess before she started going out with Kent.

She hasn't actually fallen for Pin yet lol.

Ayane doesn't know what she truly wants as of now. She's insecure and even admits to herself that she settles for what's okay.

From what I've seen of Ayane, I like to think she's mature enough not to confess to her teacher. Even if she did fall for him, she's smart enough to understand that dating her teacher could get him fired and lead to all manner of other horrible consequences.

If she do leave, it will make her look like bad and her friends will look down on her for dumping Kent for Pin.

Sawako and Chizu aren't judgmental like that. Besides making them horrible, unsupportive friends, that would be totally OOC for them. Further, if she wasn't happy in her relationship with someone (not specifically talking about Kent here), she damned well should dump him. No point in staying in a relationship that makes you unhappy.

I'm gonna paraphrase Johnny Depp here. He said something along the lines of "If you're in love with one person and then fall in love with a second, choose the second person, because if you truly loved the first, you wouldn't have fallen for the second."

Writers of love triangles, take note! XD

But anyway, as a Pin x Ayane shipper, I certainly don't want to see a full blown teacher x student romance between the two. A gentle, subtle awakening of feelings, and maybe hints or an epilogue of the two as a couple in the future, would satisfy me just fine.

Edited by Sootopolis, 01 September 2013 - 02:55 PM.

Thorn Delwyn

Thorn Delwyn

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 13 posts
  • LocationGermany

I'm gonna paraphrase Johnny Depp here. He said something along the lines of "If you're in love with one person and then fall in love with a second, choose the second person, because if you truly loved the first, you wouldn't have fallen for the second."

Sorry but I have to disagree here. First there are at two kinds of love.

One is a love full of feelings resulting from hormones. This one can't be controlled and will also cause lovesickness if not returned. But it doesn't last long. Often only a week to a few months. Thats why relationships between teens are mostly short as well.

On the other hand we have a love that will in the best case last a lifetime. It is build on respect and trust. Like all lasting relationships it needs a lot of work also. 

There might be a situation where a person who is in the second type of love I depicted that will fall for another person than his/her actual partner. But even though there are all these doki-doki moments it is "just" hormones. Like I said before they won't last in most cases. You can ask yourself if it is a good idea to let go the partner you loved for an unknown future with the other one at a time where you can't even see the second one for the person they are because of seeing them through rose-colored glasses.

Back to topic: I think Ayane still is need for a lot of development. At the moment Kento is the person who enables her to mature. A relationship with Pin is way to much for Ayana right now. She needs a lot more self-confidence relationshipwise or she'll become a person I don't want to see her as. I want her become a strong and self-dependent woman. Only after that she'll be able to push Pin around and that is what Pin needs.  B) 

Edited by Thorn Delwyn, 02 September 2013 - 11:40 AM.

jlassijlali7

jlassijlali7

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 9 posts

for me i like pin better than

pokeroots

pokeroots

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 40 posts

Kurumi x Pin
But as the story goes on I'm liking Kento more and more and changed my vote a while ago

Edited by pokeroots, 29 July 2014 - 04:22 AM.

Purple Library Guy

Purple Library Guy

Fried Potato

• Donator
  • 695 posts
  • LocationCheck Rivendell, or Vorbarr Sultana, or Adrilankha. No? Try Vancouver.

Okay, I'm  not a Pin fan (well, as boyfriend material) and I've never really seen the ambiguous relationship between him and Ayane as a big deal.  But as of ch. 87, even I'm seeing it.  There's the odd ambiguous "What do you think of me?" which in Japanese romance often seems to have romantic connotations, along with the flustered "I don't mean it that way".  But above all . . . she noticed he had big hands.  Oh, sure, it was in the context of thinking about the difference between adulthood and not-quite-adulthood, but let's face it:  In shoujo, when a girl notices a guy has big hands, that's the beginning of the end; she's seeing him as a man.  It's shorthand for a whole host of stuff--"those hands could protect me", "those hands might touch me"--that add up to "that man is a prospective mate".

Dang it.

Solitude

Solitude

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 10 posts
  • LocationIn the Ironbound section near Avenue L

I used to be firmly in the Pin camp.

But...

I just can't see Pin ever settling down into marital fidelity and as much as Kento annoys me he seems trustworthy in that way. Kento would probably still have female friends and probably still try to be everyone's confidant and try to fix their love lives though. Ayane is such a private person that my hope is for her to meet a new suitor at university rather than be drawn into the whirlwind of matchmaking.

So in summary I am now opening up a faction wanting Ayane to get a better option.

Edited by Solitude, 16 June 2014 - 03:52 PM.