Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Photo

What was so bad about what she said in chapter 2?

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

truepurple

truepurple

Baked Potato

• Members
  • 1,461 posts
She says something like 'Just ask for money and I will give you some, your family can eat better and live in a bigger house' http://vatoto.com/read/_/20638/binbougami-ga_v1_ch2_by_cxc-scans/21

And they all act like she said something horribly wicked and cruel. I feel like something is lost in translation or perhaps cultural differences. So, anyone got a idea about this?

Abdul Al Hazred

Abdul Al Hazred

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 1 posts
It is not what she said.It is the way she said it.

truepurple

truepurple

Baked Potato

• Members
  • 1,461 posts
And how did she say it? I know, looking down on them somehow, but I don't see it in the text.

TheMentor

TheMentor

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 2 posts
You didn't read the situation, do you...

The way she said it makes it look like she's flaunting her wealth. You do know that Tsuwabuki's family is poor, so what she did is an act of insult. What would you do, then, when someone waves a wad of bills on your face, and telling you, "You don't have this because you're poor!", hmm?

It's not really cultural difference. Flaunting something out of pride, including one's wealth, is at most, an insulting gesture to everyone.

yariel

yariel

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 232 posts

She says something like 'Just ask for money and I will give you some, your family can eat better and live in a bigger house' http://vatoto.com/read/_/20638/binbougami-ga_v1_ch2_by_cxc-scans/21

And they all act like she said something horribly wicked and cruel. I feel like something is lost in translation or perhaps cultural differences. So, anyone got a idea about this?

*sigh* ... why don't you try that act in front of your other poor family or friend ...
let's see how they act to you after that ...

RogZiel

RogZiel

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 18 posts
Because she's saying that money is more important than anything... which is bad I guess?

Lordman

Lordman

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 9 posts
it already happened to me before, and its really offensive.

yariel

yariel

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 232 posts
I guess "truepurple" just not sensitive enough ...