Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Photo

Any heavy metal lovers? If so, which bands are your fav?

Heavy metal Black metal Death metal Thrash metal

• Please log in to reply
76 replies to this topic

ToothlessShark

ToothlessShark

Fried Potato

• Members
  • 552 posts
  • LocationSomewhere deep, veryyyy deep...

Dio
Nightwish
System of a down

:batoto_022:

Sabaton
Ensiferum
Children of Bodom
Enslaved
Van Canto (they're funny ^^)
Apocalyptica
Avenged Sevenfold (

RIP REV sniff...)

"Oh! l'honneur ruisselait sur ta mâle moustache."
"Oh! honor glistened on your manly mustache."
~A. Rimbaud

Spoiler

Greeeeen

Greeeeen

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 13 posts
hahaha i thought this was talking about thye lady gaga song heavy metal lover :P

AC/DC r good
im not sure if nirvana counts but i love them

nebojsarc

nebojsarc

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 1 posts
I don`t have my fav band right now. But i can tell you what i listen the most in recent time. It`s ukrainen band caled Drudkh. They are blackmetal band probably diferent than anything you listened tile now. They have diferent air around them witch is influenc by slavic mitology and culture. You said that you are more open now so it would not be bad idea to try them. I mostly listen alboms from 2007 and 2009 year.
And tell if you liked them, it would be nice to now more people who like them

Katzen

Katzen

Fried Potato

• Members
  • 937 posts
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8VgLKXD-BoY&feature=related

Tarja please.

I'm 21 and i still get in trouble for listening to metal bands. why.

яαιηвσω яσ¢кѕ ヾ(◍’౪`◍)ノ゙| SlhbZiq.gif

Diablock

Diablock

Fried Potato

• Contributor
  • 636 posts
  • LocationReichenbach Waterfall
avenged and AFI.
totally cool.

Jugemu Jugemu Unko Nageki Ototoi no Shin-chan no Pantsu Shinpachi no Jinsei

Balmunk Fezarion Isaac Schneider San Bun no Ichi no Junjou na Kanjou no Nokotta San Bun no Ni wa Sakamuke ga Kininaru Kanjou

Uragiri wa Boku no Namae wo Shitteiru you de Shiranai no wo Boku wa Shitteiru Rusu Surume Medaka Kazunoko Koedame Medaka...

Kono Medaka wa Sakki to Chigau Yatsu Dakara Ikeno Medaka no Hou Dakara Raa-yuu

Yuuteimiyaouki Mukou Pepepepepepepepepepepepe

Bichiguso Maru

<it's chihiro>  

http://www.batoto.net/group/_/c/canis-major-scanlation-r3546

You

You

Savage Potato

• Members
  • 3,262 posts

Edited by You, 18 January 2015 - 01:40 AM.

tumblr_static_tumblr_static_9e1zrqkbvu8s

eippihrellik

eippihrellik

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 33 posts
The original Death metal band DEATH

http://youtu.be/Qd4q0Xx-u1Y

Lets see..bands that I listen to that are sort of heavy metal (I think). Well they're actually either metalcore or post-hardcore (or some other genre).

The Agony Scene, Underoath, As I Lay Dying, August Burns Red, Motionless in White, Miss May I, In Flames, Arsonists Get All the Girls, I See Stars, Close to Home, A Day To Remember, Pierce the Veil, Sleeping With Sirens, A Skylit Drive, Bring Me The Horizon, Upon A Burning Body, Secrets, Of Mice and Men, The Devil Wears Prada, and well...other bands. ^^;

most of those bands are like metalcore bands and post hardcore bands

Unsung

Unsung

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 44 posts
  • LocationGlobe Trotter

most of those bands are like metalcore bands and post hardcore bands

You say that like its a bad thing or something :/

I listen to a vast variety of music. Can't be bothered to list all the bands from one genre, but most have already been mentioned.
Have recently been leaning towards groups like ABR, All That Remains, Attila, Acacia Strain. Especially Acacia Strain. Their music/lyrics are always so violent.

Would bring a tear to my eye if I hadn't lost my tear ducts in the war. *sniff*
The sensual lust of violence is all the assurance
you will ever need to know the true worth of life.
Posted Image
We are the wolves who dress as the sheep,
never resting and refusing to sleep

I-Am-X

I-Am-X

Mashed Potato

• Members
  • 5,473 posts
  • LocationThe Capital

avenged and AFI.
totally cool.

AFI isn't metal

hahaha i thought this was talking about thye lady gaga song heavy metal lover :P

AC/DC r good
im not sure if nirvana counts but i love them

Nirvana is Grunge

You say that like its a bad thing or something :/

I listen to a vast variety of music. Can't be bothered to list all the bands from one genre, but most have already been mentioned.
Have recently been leaning towards groups like ABR, All That Remains, Attila, Acacia Strain. Especially Acacia Strain. Their music/lyrics are always so violent.

Would bring a tear to my eye if I hadn't lost my tear ducts in the war. *sniff*

Considering this thread Is called 'Any heavy metal lovers? If so, which bands are your fav?'
it should be just about heavy metal instead of people listening their favorite bands. If not, the thread title should be changed, dontcha think?
mmhmmm

If its about favorite 'Heavy Metal' bands It'll be Pantera, Metallica, AC/DC and disturbed.
There's others but out of 'Heavy Metal' those would be my favorites.

tumblr_njivsvv03O1s9nzk7o3_500.gif

The Epic Of X:

Spoiler

BL00DB3RRY

BL00DB3RRY

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 320 posts
  • Locationconverse
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jHr-U4ldWfY

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eyiWYNA29UI

mizuumi no reijin

mizuumi no reijin

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 8 posts
well its not really heavy metal, but recently i listen to power metal and speed metal band

galneryus, this band is really really awesome, especially the guitarist (syu)

DemonHide

DemonHide

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 96 posts
  • LocationTearing through the countryside

All the classic metal bands, some more below and plenty of others. If it rocks your socks off and doesn't belong in a 13-year old girl's iTunes playlist, more power to you.

VVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVV

Rebel

Rebel

Potato Spud

• Contributor
  • 25 posts
  • LocationThe Higher Plane of Nonexistence

not a big fan of heavy metal specifically but i listen to metal overall. the ones i listen to the most are: Metallica, Dark Tranquility, The Tea Party and Myrath. 

Saiga

Saiga

Potato

• Members
  • 170 posts

I mainly listen to progressive metal. Not much else in regards to metal, but maybe some death metal, post-metal, or math metal every now and then. If it's got progressive elements in it, I'll listen to it.

Kind of a Manly Man-chan

Kind of a Manly Man-chan

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 29 posts
  • Locationnonexistence

I mainly listen to progressive metal. Not much else in regards to metal, but maybe some death metal, post-metal, or math metal every now and then. If it's got progressive elements in it, I'll listen to it.

Progressive Metal has by far the most to offer out of all the Metal-sub genres, takes a little from everything and gives it a more interesting spin.

My favorites at the moment would be:
Animals as Leaders, Opeth, The Contortionist, Skyharbor, In Mourning and Between the Burried and me.

Que?

Saiga

Saiga

Potato

• Members
  • 170 posts

Progressive Metal has by far the most to offer out of all the Metal-sub genres, takes a little from everything and gives it a more interesting spin.

My favorites at the moment would be:
Animals as Leaders, Opeth, The Contortionist, Skyharbor, In Mourning and Between the Burried and me.

Exactly. It's got something to offer from almost anything and makes it something new.

My favorites are (no order, except for the first) Opeth, CHON, Cloudkicker, Leprous, Pain of Salvation, Queensrÿche, and Son of Auerelius.

Kind of a Manly Man-chan

Kind of a Manly Man-chan

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 29 posts
  • Locationnonexistence

Exactly. It's got something to offer from almost anything and makes it something new.

My favorites are (no order, except for the first) Opeth, CHON, Cloudkicker, Leprous, Pain of Salvation, Queensrÿche, and Son of Auerelius.

Which Opeth albums do you like the most?

I personally love Blackwater park the most as an album, but the later Albums with a more jazzy drum-style I like for a near equal amount.

Although if I had to pick songs in Particular i'd have to go with "To bid you farewell", "Faith in others", "Bleak", "Demon of the fall" and "The baying of the Hounds". "A fair judgement" holds a special spot together with "Windowpane".

Que?

Saiga

Saiga

Potato

• Members
  • 170 posts

I personally love Blackwater park the most as an album, but the later Albums with a more jazzy drum-style I like for a near equal amount.

Although if I had to pick songs in Particular i'd have to go with "To bid you farewell", "Faith in others", "Bleak", "Demon of the fall" and "The baying of the Hounds". "A fair judgement" holds a special spot together with "Windowpane".

Is it bad that I can't say I have a favorite? I love everything they do.

Though it seems my listening habits say Ghost Reveries > Blackwater Park = Still Life.

osakaki

osakaki

Fried Potato

• Contributor
  • 732 posts
  • LocationTake my crutches, I'm going back to the youth

Blackwater Park was my introduction to them, and it's probably my favorite. Love that album all the way through, it was great for car trips back in the day. Deliverance and Damnation are probably my next favorites, then Still Life. I saw them live in 2003 and 2004, so I'll always have a special place for their albums from that early 2000s period.

You

You

Savage Potato

• Members
  • 3,262 posts

On the topic of Opeth: I've heard of them, seen guys wearing their band tees, yet for some reason i've put off listening to them.

I see. Regardless, finding anyone that's heard of them is really cool to me.

\o/ How did you hear of them? I didn't know they were an Aussie band till just now. I'm liking what I've heard so far, but if you have any recommendations on what to listen to that would be cool.

tumblr_static_tumblr_static_9e1zrqkbvu8s