Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Photo

Any heavy metal lovers? If so, which bands are your fav?

Heavy metal Black metal Death metal Thrash metal

• Please log in to reply
76 replies to this topic

Ushuro

Ushuro

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 65 posts
  • LocationMy reality
Being introduced to this kind of music at my first years of high school (beginning with Metallica, Slipknot, Slayer, etc.) and then developed an attraction for less commercial genres, like death and black metal. But now, I'm more open than before.
Posted Image

perish

perish

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 274 posts
  • Locationcannot be located
haha...... i have a friend that could talk about metal for everrrr

but i think i like pink parade... why am i even posting here. i am not a hardcore fan
but my friend would be proud i am talking about metal ! if only he could see me

ok i think i have put enough weird in here ... signing off ^^

Aarti

Aarti

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 203 posts
  • LocationStorage locker
Yes.

*headbangs* Choosing favorite bands is pretty tough >.<

I'd say number one, at least for me, is Slipknot. They're really the first band I started listening to. Lamb of God Dimmu Borgir, and All That Remains are very close runner-ups though. Although lately I haven't listened to metal that much. I'm currently in j-pop mode.

Ushuro

Ushuro

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 65 posts
  • LocationMy reality

haha...... i have a friend that could talk about metal for everrrr

but i think i like pink parade... why am i even posting here. i am not a hardcore fan
but my friend would be proud i am talking about metal ! if only he could see me

ok i think i have put enough weird in here ... signing off ^^

Well of course, this kind of music isn't for anyone, like I can't stand a second over a rap song. :wacko:
Posted Image

Valsie

Valsie

Fried Potato

• Members
  • 517 posts
  • LocationIn the hands of none.
I guess Slayer.
Also heard some slipknot, but they're not as agressive as i thought they'd be.

I am a deconstruction of the moe genre.

Katzilla

Katzilla

Baked Potato

• Members
  • 1,097 posts
AC/DC, Aerosmith, Alice Cooper, Blue Oyster Cult, Blacl Sabbath, Dio, Judas Priest, Ozzy Osbourne...just to name a few.

sig-1.png

Exareivaj

Exareivaj

Fingerling Potato

• Contributor
  • 85 posts
I won't recommend AC/DC, slayer or judas priest and bands like them just becouse everybody already know them, however I'll suggest you hearing the parents of power metal, one is Helloween, and I particularly recommend the keepers albums, they are awesome, the other one is Gamma Ray and well, and I recommend you start listening from the 3rd album in advance.
Another band completely different is Rage Against The Machine, is a rap metal band, very good.
Oh! If you like slipknot, Corey Taylor, the vocalist has another group called Stone Sour.
I recommend you hearing Sabaton, a band which sing about war.
An finally you have to listen Rammstein, they sing in german, but man, they are really good.

Edited by Exareivaj, 09 May 2012 - 05:02 PM.

Nightow.15.gif

There are 3 kind of people in this world:

1- Boring people who look at the earth and don't know the sky.
2- Dreamers who look at the sky and stumble with earth.
3- Fools who look ahead and think they see everything when they see nothing.

I'm the second one, but with the difference that I always rise when I fall.

By Exareivaj

Katzilla

Katzilla

Baked Potato

• Members
  • 1,097 posts
^ Just to clarify, I'm not recommending anything. The title said to mention your favorites.

sig-1.png

Exareivaj

Exareivaj

Fingerling Potato

• Contributor
  • 85 posts

^ Just to clarify, I'm not recommending anything. The title said to mention your favorites.

Hmm, now that I look again, you are right.
But anyways, they actually are my favorite bands, but add manowar, I don't know how I could forgot them.

Nightow.15.gif

There are 3 kind of people in this world:

1- Boring people who look at the earth and don't know the sky.
2- Dreamers who look at the sky and stumble with earth.
3- Fools who look ahead and think they see everything when they see nothing.

I'm the second one, but with the difference that I always rise when I fall.

By Exareivaj

annihilator

annihilator

Couch Potato

• Members
  • 2,035 posts
  • Locationnomad...

AC/DC, Aerosmith, Alice Cooper, Blue Oyster Cult, Blacl Sabbath, Dio, Judas Priest, Ozzy Osbourne...just to name a few.

aside from the above mentioned... include Skidrow, Led Zeppelin, Van Halen, Dream Theather.. just to name a few..

although i dun mind listening to other kinds...

Edited by chibilator, 10 May 2012 - 05:47 PM.

...m y a l t e r e g o...

Posted Image

The Bubble Chaser

The Bubble Chaser

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 6 posts
  • LocationU.S.
Friggin'
Exareivaj

beat me to the punch, I came here for one thing, to recommend MANOWAR! ... Or talk about them... They really are good.

Did anyone get a chance to see them when they toured last year? Also could anyone recommend a Power Metal band as good as them? (I know Therion and Gravedigger, but they aren't as good.)
You don't know fear until you've met Evil Alien C-130 Cat!!!
Posted Image

Miyama

Miyama

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 289 posts
  • Locationlukedonia
my favorite band is Dream Theater<3
of course I listen to a lot of the bands mentioned here (metallica, black sabbath, led zeppelin, AD/DC, also nightwish, virgin steele)
but I can't believe no one mentioned Iron Maiden in a metal thread... that's a first...

85vt.png

Sleepy Ash

Sleepy Ash

Baked Potato

• Members
  • 1,176 posts
  • LocationOvunque io voglio essere credo.
Trivium, Black Sabbath. Can't think of any others atm.

Spoiler

M15T3RZ3R0

M15T3RZ3R0

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 400 posts
  • LocationIDAHO
Lets see..bands that I listen to that are sort of heavy metal (I think). Well they're actually either metalcore or post-hardcore (or some other genre).

The Agony Scene, Underoath, As I Lay Dying, August Burns Red, Motionless in White, Miss May I, In Flames, Arsonists Get All the Girls, I See Stars, Close to Home, A Day To Remember, Pierce the Veil, Sleeping With Sirens, A Skylit Drive, Bring Me The Horizon, Upon A Burning Body, Secrets, Of Mice and Men, The Devil Wears Prada, and well...other bands. ^^;

tumblr_mkrvak7Zcv1rwv2mgo1_500.gif

Spoiler

Maia

Maia

The Resident Neko

• RP Section Mod
  • 2,441 posts
  • LocationLost in the Echo
Lets see, Godsmack, Disturbed, Metallica, Theatre of Tragedy, Killswitch Engage, Dragonforce, Ozzy Ozbourne, Lacuna Coil, KoRn, Nightwish, Within Temptation, Rammstein.... theres more, but I can't think of all of the names yet.

cei7ea6l_zpsde6a65e1.png

Need staff help? You can go to Staff Support.
Need site help? You can go to Batoto Support.
You can use the Report button if you find anything that is in violation of the Site Rules.
If all else fails you can feel free to send me a PM.

Yan Q

Yan Q

Fried Potato

• Members
  • 890 posts
  • Locationwith your lover
awh gosh, I haven't listened to metal in such a long time. I used to be such a fangirl about it.
I got introduced through Apocalyptica (from Bullet For My Valentine'sThe Poison intro,) and from there, I started to pick a few of my favourite vocalists from their collabs.
Corey Taylor was a massive favourite. But most of my others have already been listen above. You know, the usual Metallica and Rammstein as well...
(don't know if this counts, but Within Temptation and Nightwish?)

Gonna go listen to a whole bunch of metal naooo...

yes, i bite

fp | ig

Rion

Rion

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 92 posts
  • LocationWhere sun shines.
DREAM THEATER !!
METALLICA !
^_^

God of TROLLing LOL

God of TROLLing LOL

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 481 posts
THE FUCKING
RAMMSTEIN!

Till Hammer ftw!

Kayley

Kayley

Fried Potato

• Members
  • 541 posts
  • LocationNot here.
Ah, metal, my favourite genre :3

Until I was around 10 years old, I had never actually listened to heavy metal. One day, I was going through my step-dad's collection of music ( He has a lot of variety in there :3 ) and I just happened to stumble upon Metallica's S&M. Actually, I didn't like it until about a year later.

For a few months, I was non-stop listening to Metallica. I gradually started listening to other metal bands ( Pantera, Megadeth etc. ).

At some point, I started listening to Progressive Metal ( F**K 4/4 XD ), and obviously that means I listen to TOOL <.<

I have never been able to get into listening to any Metal with screaming/growling etc. thought. I prefer actual singing.

ANYWAYS, thats enough about me and how I got into Heavy Metal and it's sub-genres.

Here is a list:

Spoiler

• You likes this

Is my sig too small now?

Kayley

Kayley

Fried Potato

• Members
  • 541 posts
  • LocationNot here.
Ah yes, Rammstein is awesome too :3

Is my sig too small now?