Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Photo

Chapter Viewed & Manga Browsing

- - - - - viewed chapters new idea

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
22 replies to this topic

Zince

Zince

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 3 posts
I think some improvements that might help us users better are:

-if we view a chapter of a manga, it would be marked as viewed automatically, cause some mangas I read then forget about it after a while and i have to start all over again because I forgot where i stopped at.

-if there is an easier way to browse for mangas we haven't seen yet. Possibly with manga cover pages (So we can get the gist of the manga through the picture). Because Its quite annoying to press show for more just to browse mangas that starts with the letter W or something

soranokira

soranokira

Fried Potato

• Contributor
  • 687 posts
-if we view a chapter of a manga, it would be marked as viewed automatically, cause some mangas I read then forget about it after a while and i have to start all over again because I forgot where i stopped at.

^works with follow list.

-if there is an easier way to browse for mangas we haven't seen yet. Possibly with manga cover pages (So we can get the gist of the manga through the picture). Because Its quite annoying to press show for more just to browse mangas that starts with the letter W or something

^ I personally think it isn't hard to open a new tab for something that you think might strike your fancy from the name, but *shrugs* let's see if others really really want it. probably an application of the 'i' button function from the homepage I guess.
Posted Image
Favorite Manga: Record of Fallen Vampire, Hayate the Combat Butler, Kekkaishi
Main reason: Akabara Strauss and plot/story flow, Tennousu Athena arc/Katsura Hinagiku, Kidoin Nura and story flow

kdom

kdom

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 376 posts

We are several to have requested that already, it would indeed be great. The follow indication is not enough since it only show the last chapter you click on which is not compulsorily the one you are looking for plus the follow is not user friendly at all for such a thing compare to an immediate visualization solution in the manga section

I'm not sure what you are talking about but if it is to have the homepage i feature in the comic section then I agree it could be good.

Edited by kdom, 06 May 2012 - 04:26 PM.

KelpTheGreat

KelpTheGreat

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 42 posts

I'm following multiple series, and it not only marks your most recently viewed chapter, but the time you last read it, and the latest chapter update. Are you sure you're doing everything right?

Zince

Zince

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 3 posts

I'm following multiple series, and it not only marks your most recently viewed chapter, but the time you last read it, and the latest chapter update. Are you sure you're doing everything right?

Maybe not, could you tell me where this "last read chapter" part is, cause I don't really see it. (super blind)

Buttock Follicle

Buttock Follicle

Couch Potato

• Contributor
  • 2,433 posts
  • Locationfuttocking away~

Maybe not, could you tell me where this "last read chapter" part is, cause I don't really see it. (super blind)

In the follows list at the top :)

Edited by ⊂( ̄┏Д┓ ̄°*)⊃, 13 May 2012 - 08:53 AM.

kdom

kdom

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 376 posts
Well like I said it is not interesting, l was searching for the last kids on the slope I had read yesterday and it says chapter 1 because, apparently, I reread this chapter (I'm not sure I did though...) so the follow indication is not enough.
Plus they are manga that we read but don't want to follow (completed, not really interested but read anyway...)

Edited by kdom, 13 May 2012 - 09:22 AM.

RaiCL

RaiCL

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 14 posts
  • LocationWashington State
i dont know what you all think of this, but i think a "viewed" button next to the chapters would be great...
Like if i was in the middle of a series, left it, came back, and then it would just say whether i viewed it or not :)

hados9

hados9

Russet Potato

• Contributor
  • 352 posts
  • LocationIn line for Moderator
that is pretty much the follows system as if you click on the follows it tells you the lastest chapter that you are up to and if it has had any updates

Dedicated Uploader- Hados9

Posted Image

Posted Image

Sir Flash™

Sir Flash™

Baked Potato

• Donator
  • 1,365 posts
  • LocationGaming & Streaming
but there is the case where a person forgets the last chapter they read and also if they did not follow a series, plainly forgot to, or are new to the site and do not yet understand the functions

Musician King's SoundCloud: 

p4dJLo8.gif

SON, NIC, SHAKES!!

Spoiler

kdom

kdom

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 376 posts
Is it possible to merge this with this thread ?
http://vatoto.com/forums/topic/6033-chapter-viewed-manga-browsing/

Grumpy

Grumpy

RawR

• Administrators
  • 4,078 posts
  • LocationHere of course!

Is it possible to merge this with this thread ?
http://vatoto.com/forums/topic/6033-chapter-viewed-manga-browsing/

Agreed.

On the subject. I'd be pretty nice to have something like that as well. Perhaps something between what amazon and youtube does for them that would work for all users and not just registered members.

ZeroMaster

ZeroMaster

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 26 posts
I have a suggestion. Currently, the thing about webtoons is that if we choose to view chapter in sections rather than long strip format we have to click on the "Want to see this chapter per page instead?" button again and again, over and over, every single time a new chapter starts. I'd like it that (if possible for everyone, if not then at least for the members) the setting could be saved (use a cookie for anons or save in user preference for registered users) so that I and others don't have to keep on clicking that button over and over and over again. It's seriously annoying for those who just started a new webcomic and have to go through many many chapters. It's a good idea, no?

Edited by Zero2001, 27 July 2012 - 12:16 PM.

S2_

S2_

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 16 posts
Nice, Zince. :]

1. For Chapter Viewing, it should show what chapters and pages u read, example:

You had read:
c1~c17
c17 p14~17
c18 p3 ~ c21 p27

2. For Manga Browsing, please add a
preview popup similar to mangafox but the box does not automatically close when u move the mouse away, so u can copy and paste stuff. It should show the pic in bigger size and has no transparency.

I do not like
mangafox because they really reduce the dimensions and quality of the mangas. ._.

Edited by S2_, 01 August 2012 - 12:10 PM.

__________________________________________________________________________Posted Image
... S2______________________________________________________________________________________________4A4A82

kdom

kdom

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 376 posts
To go to the page number is unnecessary. Who stops in the middle of a chapter ?

As for the manga preview it was amready said they won't change the current one

S2_

S2_

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 16 posts

As for the manga preview it was amready said they won't change the current one

People that must go away when it is urgent like a call from an appointment or something.

Manga preview is highly recommended.... why not add it? o.... thanks... i did not saw the blue circular 'i'. ;]

Edited by S2_, 01 August 2012 - 12:07 PM.

kdom

kdom

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 376 posts
The manga preview already exists, it's this blue i next to the manga image.

And you don't need to complicates things for things that don't happen often. The chapter read can easily be shown with a different logo for chapter read or unread, adding the pages would overload the information. Batoto is slow enough already.
  • S2_ likes this

S2_

S2_

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 16 posts

The manga preview already exists, it's this blue i next to the manga image.

And you don't need to complicates things for things that don't happen often. The chapter read can easily be shown with a different logo for chapter read or unread, adding the pages would overload the information. Batoto is slow enough already.

Nice, it does exist at the home page, but please add to the searching too. ;)

And batoto is not slow, it runs quickly.

Edited by S2_, 01 August 2012 - 09:52 PM.

__________________________________________________________________________Posted Image
... S2______________________________________________________________________________________________4A4A82

schizophoenix

schizophoenix

Potato Spud

• Contributor
  • 12 posts

This happens with volume releases, for example. I just read Homunculus and would have appreciated this.

Edoc

Edoc

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 37 posts

This happens with volume releases, for example. I just read Homunculus and would have appreciated this.

Before that, what needs to be fixed is that nicely bug in the follow list that forgets any record, or resets to chapter 1 out of nowhere.. it is quite annoying when you go to read a series on-hold since a few weeks or months ago, and find out that you can't see where you left it, or it says chapter 1... or some times the series even dissappear to the botton of the list (I have like 7 that no matter when it gets updated, it is always at the botton of hundreds, it will never move from the botton of the list)

Oh well.. one day we will have RSS, and we'll be able to keep record of our reads while trusting that the information is always correct.