Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Photo

Family Laws of Japan...

• Please log in to reply
39 replies to this topic

ZeKeR

ZeKeR

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 49 posts
  • LocationSomewhere in the Philippines
Uh.... is it still incest if he relents and... uh... well.... screws her within the laws?

dg2701

dg2701

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 1 posts
In reality, it is illegal. In manga, it is just fine!

Havoc

Havoc

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 6 posts
  • LocationFrance
Incest is not illegal. It's not recognized and immoral, and often leads to children having genetic defects, but nobody can send you to jail for screwing your aunt if you're both consenting adults.
You can marry your cousin because it's considered that there is enough genetic differences to not lead to defective children.
Siblings are a no go and so are the aunts (probably). Your aunt share the same genetic attributes as one of your parents, but her children will only have half of that.

覇王

覇王

Potato Spud

• Validating
  • 18 posts
  • Locationおねいちゃんの腕の中に
Mmhmm. Allegedly having a child with a first cousin will only have defect rates comparable to the child of a pregnant 40 year old woman.

Anyway, first cousin marriage laws differe from country to country. In Japan, 1st cousin marriages are legal.
「本は愛!本は喜び!本は感動!」

ZeKeR

ZeKeR

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 49 posts
  • LocationSomewhere in the Philippines

Incest is not illegal. It's not recognized and immoral, and often leads to children having genetic defects, but nobody can send you to jail for screwing your aunt if you're both consenting adults.
You can marry your cousin because it's considered that there is enough genetic differences to not lead to defective children.
Siblings are a no go and so are the aunts (probably). Your aunt share the same genetic attributes as one of your parents, but her children will only have half of that.

inb4 inbreeding for the thought of preserving the family

Lustful

Lustful

Fried Potato

• Members
  • 606 posts
I don't care about it while the manga remains fun.

Edited by Burst, 29 April 2012 - 09:31 PM.

dieseltrain

dieseltrain

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 2 posts
i bet somehow they are not related.

x4gottenmemoirsx

x4gottenmemoirsx

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 3 posts

it isnt that it "often" leads to genetic defects, it just means that because of the similarity of the genes between the parents that there will be less genetic diversity and just a bigger (but not that too much bigger) chance of unwanted genetics that's already within you to show up, university teacher used the Amish as an example, saying that the genetic trait of having an extra finger or something was already strong in their dna, but they dont rly got outside their communities (so basically a giant related family) so very occasionally a kid is born like that (so as long as your family history is normal...) then again they're having children it many times over which then causes the lack of genetic diversity to matter, but also works the opposite way, as in alot of the women there have a genetic trait that makes it very hard for them to get fat.

basically, if there's a family that's doing inbreeding for a long time, then it's a problem (if there's anything wrong with their genes)
but if it's like a one time thing, it there wont rly be problems (except that the kid would be much more like you by nature)(so all you extreme narcissists out there, have fun with a close family member, then your 'awesomeness' will be carried over to the next generation ( ̄□ ̄;) )

........~ the more you know~~~ ( ゚ヮ゚)

Edited by x4gottenmemoirsx, 04 May 2012 - 10:21 AM.

Veres László

Veres László

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 7 posts

I thought the same, dude!

Kaixe-Rho

Kaixe-Rho

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 1 posts
I'm also thinking Kaoruko was adopted...or something. There is NO WAY IN HELL that she is blood-related to Terumi.
If she is...well, um. That makes a few things weird.

Goukenimaru

Goukenimaru

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 15 posts
  • LocationBrazil

I'm also thinking Kaoruko was adopted...or something. There is NO WAY IN HELL that she is blood-related to Terumi.
If she is...well, um. That makes a few things weird.

How come there's no way? Nothing but he fact that Kaoruko is Terumi's dad sister was given.

Assuming she's actually adopted, not atually blood related and etc. is just speculation.

Aunt-Nephew incest irks you that much?
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

alfredbars

alfredbars

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 3 posts
i think aki sora is the best answer for all of thuis in this thread... they were related by blood siblings... and went all the way...
normally a lot of hentai talk about the idea of siblings, mother and son, etc. could be ankward in more ways than i can think, but it`s probably a lot of fantasies and really serious present idea in the oriental relationships.....
just point it in this way... they draw whta in real life is probably forbidden by law... and they so it in a lot of weird ways....
every manga has his hentai version... in them... little sisters are most of main characters...
that kind of idea exists because they have a market for it...

bushwhacker2k

bushwhacker2k

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 485 posts
  • LocationNorth Carolina, USA

That wouldn't be surprising, so many mangas do it and then pull some bait-and-switch nonsense to somehow avoid judgment with the whole "we're not blood-related" bit.

It's rare that they don't fan the flames of some incestual arousal in manga these days so honestly it's more interesting (IMO) when they are related so it isn't some kind of "oh, it's okay because" cop-out.

"This statement is not true."

ChaosSanc

ChaosSanc

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 55 posts
  • LocationOn the Horizon
in reality it is not illegal to have incest like others said it is only and idea that other people of the world believe it is wrong and DNA and chromosome will be bad but frankly its just the mindset people have that might think that it is wrong i myself would support my friends or other people if they liked their sibling the only problem is a too long of a inside family marriage will lead to defective chromosomes or a child that has brain or other problems
For Light there must be Dark so what does Dark do to have Light?

Posted Image

Beelz

Beelz

Potato

• Members
  • 117 posts
  • LocationDah bu!

it isnt that it "often" leads to genetic defects, it just means that because of the similarity of the genes between the parents that there will be less genetic diversity and just a bigger (but not that too much bigger) chance of unwanted genetics that's already within you to show up, university teacher used the Amish as an example, saying that the genetic trait of having an extra finger or something was already strong in their dna, but they dont rly got outside their communities (so basically a giant related family) so very occasionally a kid is born like that (so as long as your family history is normal...) then again they're having children it many times over which then causes the lack of genetic diversity to matter, but also works the opposite way, as in alot of the women there have a genetic trait that makes it very hard for them to get fat.

basically, if there's a family that's doing inbreeding for a long time, then it's a problem (if there's anything wrong with their genes)
but if it's like a one time thing, it there wont rly be problems (except that the kid would be much more like you by nature)(so all you extreme narcissists out there, have fun with a close family member, then your 'awesomeness' will be carried over to the next generation ( ̄□ ̄;) )

I think you did the topic the best justice possable :D now by no means am i saying its fine to be having sexual relations with family members just aslong as it doesn't happen too often. Don't quote me on this but i beleive in japan their are no laws around incest but don't hold me to that i just remember being told so by a friend and thus it could be false info.

Back to the manga i can't seem to shake the idea that shes not his aunt and in fact their not related at all or she is a distant relative. But if they did pull the whole their not blood related card on me i will be alittle pissed because it seems to happen so often.

Edited by Beelz, 27 May 2012 - 02:05 AM.

Rakurai Amatsu

Rakurai Amatsu

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 34 posts
  • LocationAustralia
just putting it out there the most famous Incest Family is the British Royal family

Shinmaru

Shinmaru

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 77 posts
  • LocationPuerto Rico

Yeah, I meet a Family(they are close friends of ours), that where on an incest marriage(Half-Siblings[Brother and Sister(they both share the same mother)]) and they had 3 children and they all came out fine, also there is a theory by Darwin about genetics and inbreeding.

Like someone said, Incest is not illegal, it is just looked down upon by Religious figures, most common people are not particularly bother by someone in an Incest relationship(atleast I'm not).

Imagine this, You and another person are the last human beings in the world and it so happens that you are Male and the other is female(invert the sex if you are female), it will be up to you to re-procreate the human race, from that point onward it's trials and errors, you have to have many children, then you must re-procreate with your children, your children with them selves, their children with you, they with their children, etc, until the genes are further apart, once that is done, healthier children may be born and from there mankind can start again, remember that we also have ancestor genes that appear from time to time. which changes the the whole gene pool. But thank goodness this scenario will not happen since there are way too many humans.

I think you did the topic the best justice possable :D now by no means am i saying its fine to be having sexual relations with family members just aslong as it doesn't happen too often. Don't quote me on this but i beleive in japan their are no laws around incest but don't hold me to that i just remember being told so by a friend and thus it could be false info.

Back to the manga i can't seem to shake the idea that shes not his aunt and in fact their not related at all or she is a distant relative. But if they did pull the whole their not blood related card on me i will be alittle pissed because it seems to happen so often.

"Aunt" is not always in relation to family bloodline, they could be friends, like if I have a friend that is a girl and we grew up together and she would become the "Aunt" of my children, she will be almost like a sister to me. this kind of things happen alot, heck I have various Aunts that are my mother's best friends and they are like sisters, so you treat them like blood family.

Bobby

Bobby

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 18 posts
Man this thread is hard to follow... Whatever, just putting it out there Cousin-Cousin relationships are NOT considered incest, but Aunt to Cousin are. I don't know the laws in Japan, but in Canada and most of the USA any relationship with blood relatives closer than a first cousin (Aunt/Uncle, Parents, Sibling, Grandparent) is illegal. You can go to jail for a long while for that.

Posted ImageBeelz, on 26 May 2012 - 05:59 PM, said:

"Aunt" is not always in relation to family bloodline, they could be friends, like if I have a friend that is a girl and we grew up together and she would become the "Aunt" of my children, she will be almost like a sister to me. this kind of things happen alot, heck I have various Aunts that are my mother's best friends and they are like sisters, so you treat them like blood family.

Go back n read the first chapter champ, it clearly says he's going to go stay with his fathers sister, doesn't just say aunt. They ARE blood related.

Anyways Incest doesn't really bother me that much, people can do whatever they want IMO, but theres no way in hell I'd ever fuck any of my blood relatives end of story. Wouldn't even consider it with any cousins regardless of how related or far removed they are from me. They're plenty of people out there to choose from, damn.

These manga always romanticize incest, and I'm fine with that, the stories can be really interesting, but think a bit before taking that into real life... There can be serious consequences. :D

Edited by Bobby, 10 June 2012 - 11:35 AM.

Solerum

Solerum

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 17 posts
Yes there is an increased chance for a genetic defect. But when a Woman would smoke, or drink, use drugs or is Fat during a pregnancy the genetic defects are FAR greater, so aslong as they are allowed to have children I think incest should be okay.

"but nobody can send you to jail for screwing your aunt if you're both consenting adults." Depends where you live, in Europe mostly only males get sent to jail, because it's never the womans fault lol ^^. But you won't get more then 4 years in most Euro countries.

Edited by Solerum, 10 June 2012 - 12:34 PM.

Shadow12000

Shadow12000

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 17 posts

Go back n read the first chapter champ, it clearly says he's going to go stay with his fathers sister, doesn't just say aunt. They ARE blood related.

Realize that Translation between languages is not a perfect science, and that unless it's the actual author themself, a word that can mean two different things in one language can easily be confused by the translator for another. In this case, the Japanese version may just say the word that means both "Parent's Sister" and "Older woman" (Oba-san) to use one example. The problem with it is that unless the work is over and we know everything going on, translation like that has to be guessed, and if it's ever messed up then the translator usually does an apology page explaining it.

On another note, adoption does not automatically make you blood related, so if that were the case, she'd still be his father's sister, but not blood related.