Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Photo

Plagiarism~ Die those who say that!!!!!!!!!

Witch Hunter Witch Hunter Manhwa Witch Hunter review

• Please log in to reply
34 replies to this topic

God of TROLLing LOL

God of TROLLing LOL

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 481 posts
Anybody know why is people saying this awesome manhwa is mere plagiarism?
Yes, it maybe copy other manga like FMA or Bleach but who know it's consiously copy or subconsiously!
Ahh, and what's the point of pointing out the plagiarism? Bible said this (don't know exactly where but I read it in
Bruce Lewis, Draw Manga, Collins & Brown, British, 2005.) Everything from the begining was somehow copied, consiously or subconsiously. So never be afraid of repeating other stuff, just try to make it more better in a better scenario then it's your! So please anybody got a good reply on this cuz i luv this very much (second to guilty crown anime though)

Hououin Kyouma

Hououin Kyouma

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 96 posts
  • LocationSouth of Italy, on my island Ischia.
I think that it's true that Whitch Hunter makes you remember for some parts others works like D. Gray Man or FullMetal Alchemist, but the story is original and the charachters also (maybe some aspect of Tasha makes you remember Allen, but they are really different as charachters). You can't call that Plagiarism. About the art i simply can't make a comparison because for me the Korean Art is totally different from the Japanese. If you think that Whitch Hunter is a plagiarized work then you have to explain why.

Edited by Hououin Kyouma, 14 November 2012 - 01:55 PM.

Posted Image

God of TROLLing LOL

God of TROLLing LOL

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 481 posts

I think that it's true that Whitch Hunter makes you remember for some parts others works like D. Gray Man or FullMetal Alchemist, but the story is original and the charachters also (maybe some aspect of Tasha makes you remember Allen, but they are really different as charachters). You can't call that Plagiarism. About the art i simply can't make a comparison because for me the Korean Art is totally different from the Japanese. If you think that Whitch Hunter is a plagiarized work then you have to do two things:

1: Read Ao No Exorcist (I think that if you want to be critical in that case you can)

2:If you continue to think that this Manwha is born from plagiarism you... simply...
HAVE TO DIE!

Understood?

I understood~~
so what?
It's about killing the people that saying this Manhwa is plagiarism~ not me~
i luv this Manhwa from the start and read it for 20 times again and again~
It's original of course~
i just stated the fact of every single comic might get copying each other subconsiously, done~ no more.
and this:
AO NO EXORCIST IS THE 2ND AWESOME MANGA I EVER READ (BLEACH IS NO.1 :batoto_021: )
SO I WILL NEVER CRITISM IT~~ :batoto_024:
OR YOU JUST PLAY RAGNAROK ONLINE THEN DONE~

grandking3

grandking3

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 36 posts

Anybody know why is people saying this awesome manhwa is mere plagiarism?

I've Never actually read anywhere anyone called this manga plagiarism and i don't see any connection to any other manga I've read, but if they are calling it that, i guess they found a connection to another manga that it closely resembles. I'm not sure you are actually looking for an honest response or to validate your opinion that this manga did not plagiarize. with a thread starter like "Die those who says that" my guess is you're going for self-validation. which i think is not cool dude.

Yes, it maybe copy other manga like FMA or Bleach

yet you would still ask why people think it's plagiarism?

but who know it's consiously copy or subconsiously!

Are you trying to proove it's not plagiarism or justify why it's ok?

Ahh, and what's the point of pointing out the plagiarism?

because it is necessary, it is disrespectful to the creator of that work and other artist who have come up with their own. you stunt your growth as an artist, who knows you might have something even better then that artist could ever come up with. i understand there are acceptable level of imitation and unacceptable levels as well. Example Lost+Brain was a unacceptable imitation of death note while i thought the incredibles was an acceptable imitation of the fantastic four.

Bible said this (don't know exactly where but I read it in
Bruce Lewis, Draw Manga, Collins & Brown, British, 2005.)

half of those guys i don't know the other half i don't trust

Everything from the begining was somehow copied, consiously or subconsiously.

That just can't be true, how could a copy exist if there isn't an original?

I think that it's true that Whitch Hunter makes you remember for some parts others works like D. Gray Man or FullMetal Alchemist, but the story is original and the charachters also (maybe some aspect of Tasha makes you remember Allen, but they are really different as charachters). You can't call that Plagiarism. About the art i simply can't make a comparison because for me the Korean Art is totally different from the Japanese. If you think that Whitch Hunter is a plagiarized work then you have to do two things:

1: Read Ao No Exorcist (I think that if you want to be critical in that case you can)

I don't understand why reading AoE will do for you.

2:If you continue to think that this Manwha is born from plagiarism you... simply...
HAVE TO DIE!

Understood?

oh don't be a child, you gonna kill everybody with a different opinion then yours?

AO NO EXORCIST IS THE 2ND AWESOME MANGA I EVER READ (BLEACH IS NO.1 :batoto_021: )

Really? well to each his own.

SO I WILL NEVER CRITISM IT~~ :batoto_024:

well there's a good reason to not criticize something, go easy on the large letters will you. we can all hear fine.

OR YOU JUST PLAY RAGNAROK ONLINE THEN DONE~

Expers

Expers

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 26 posts
  • LocationTitan's Orbit
This topic is, Interesting. Pointless. And calls for the needless and irrational death of people.

It shares the similarities with D.Gray Man (demons), Ao no Exorcist (demons)(Less chapters then this manhwa though...), Fairy Tail (other guilds). If you looked hard enough I'm sure you could see many similarities among this and others, namely D. Gray Man. You could even say it shares the similarities with Berserk (demons) and Claymore (demons). But, each of those are stories of heroes vs demons. Maybe witch Hunter Robin (witches) would be a better comparison.

I would suggest that it could be possible plagiarism but the series itself has many things that are unique.
1. A rare choice for the main enemy.
2. Originally the author wanted the MC to be female, but the editor suggested male.
3. Supporters similar to Fate Stay Night, but the "caster" is not useless.

I haven't read any D. Gray Man since around the time Allen was
Spoiler
I think the author was sick around that time again.

I would like to point one thing out, "Imitation is the sincerest of flattery." - ???

I could point out things in this story that felt weak, there were times (Even D. Gray Man had that feeling at times), but the story is relatively solid otherwise. And I firmly believe that if the story was nothing more than plagiarized; it would have even last 30 chapters much less the 70+ chapters it has.
  • Ncf likes this

God of TROLLing LOL

God of TROLLing LOL

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 481 posts
Yup! Witch Hunter is the best Manhwa ever, then there's come Dark Air.
When I tried to read Freezing-that's the first manhwa I tried to read b4 WH- I found it's plot is too boring at first, then the pointless echi come second, then the character design too sucks. How can something like that become an anime? Berserk is like that too, a failure for korean manhwa trying to be an anime. So does Freezing. I wonder why some good manhwa or webtoon like ToG or The Breaker (new waves have to wait a little to judge) and Witch Hunter can't be an anime? It's all awesome webtoon and manhwa!
:batoto_019: :batoto_019: :batoto_019: :batoto_019: :batoto_019: :batoto_019: :batoto_019: :batoto_019: :batoto_019:

and Guilty Crown Manga sucks, that's it!

God of LoL

God of LoL

Sweet Potato

• Members
  • 10,556 posts
  • LocationIn the Bato.cave.
Agreed with all she says... BUT STOP PUTTING SCARY BUNNIES IN YOUR COMMENTS?!?!!!

kfi6l.jpg

God of TROLLing LOL

God of TROLLing LOL

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 481 posts
Hey WHO IS that SHE you mention?

Arka

Arka

Potato

• Members
  • 159 posts
Well, I think Witch Hunter is pretty original (then again, I haven't read those series you guys mentioned). As for the plagiarism, well, every manhwa/manga/manhua genre has their (unintentional/unavoidable) similarites, look at that TV Tropes page...

Edited by Arka, 20 September 2012 - 01:09 AM.

eippihrellik

eippihrellik

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 33 posts
i read most of the manga people are comparing it to but it is really nothing like those and most of those manga have been blatantly influenced by other manga

DaburuO

DaburuO

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 19 posts
  • LocationUS

This topic is, Interesting. Pointless. And calls for the needless and irrational death of people.

It shares the similarities with D.Gray Man (demons), Ao no Exorcist (demons)(Less chapters then this manhwa though...), Fairy Tail (other guilds). If you looked hard enough I'm sure you could see many similarities among this and others, namely D. Gray Man. You could even say it shares the similarities with Berserk (demons) and Claymore (demons). But, each of those are stories of heroes vs demons. Maybe witch Hunter Robin (witches) would be a better comparison.

I would suggest that it could be possible plagiarism but the series itself has many things that are unique.
1. A rare choice for the main enemy.
2. Originally the author wanted the MC to be female, but the editor suggested male.
3. Supporters similar to Fate Stay Night, but the "caster" is not useless.

I haven't read any D. Gray Man since around the time Allen was

Spoiler
I think the author was sick around that time again.

I would like to point one thing out, "Imitation is the sincerest of flattery." - ???

I could point out things in this story that felt weak, there were times (Even D. Gray Man had that feeling at times), but the story is relatively solid otherwise. And I firmly believe that if the story was nothing more than plagiarized; it would have even last 30 chapters much less the 70+ chapters it has.

To answer your question on why Manhwas 99.9% of the time never get an anime adaptation is because they'd have to either A) Change all the Korean names to Japanese or B Have Koreans do the voice acting for those characters, at least that is what I see. There's only been one anime adaptation of a Korean drama if that counts but they like B at least I think had Koreans voicing them.

Edited by DaburuO, 14 November 2012 - 01:30 AM.

Arka

Arka

Potato

• Members
  • 159 posts
A) I think you quoted the wrong poster.
or
B) I think you quoted the wrong post....

Unless my Ctrl+F function malfunctioned, there's nothing in that post with the keyword "anime"... You might mean God of TROLLing LOL's post that came after Expers' post?

FakeHero

FakeHero

Potato

• Members
  • 174 posts
  • LocationReality, sadly...........
The author should be ashamed, take a look at this thread:

http://forum.onemanga.com/showthread.php?t=91178

Jorudi

Jorudi

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 7 posts
Eventhough I like the manhwa... man, such barefeced copies...
I don't know if authors have some kind of insurance that'd pay for demands from other authors but I just wish he's punished just enough to no to do it again, and correct his work.
Plagiarized authors must find out, and do sth about it.

TheMortalOne

TheMortalOne

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 1 posts

I looked there. While there definitly are similarities in style and positioning, the fact that it "copied" from so many different sources, and that the plot is sufficiently unique, the accusations of plagerism seem idiotic.

This isn't the author picking 1-2 other sources and making almost identical copies. At worst, it's an author using numerous other works as a way to generate something that is overall new, and I fail to see how that's an issue.

GiantEyedSquirrel

GiantEyedSquirrel

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 24 posts
  • LocationYour Inner Mind
While some of those have close similarities, I can't say the same for a lot of them as well.

Nothing like the thing with Incarnate.
http://bleachness.livejournal.com/446299.html
May everything be done in moderation

Esquire

Esquire

Potato Spud

• Contributor
  • 49 posts
  • LocationSleeping Forest, USA
Let's be real here, plagiarism or not, is it going to stop us from reading it? I think not.

While some of those have close similarities, I can't say the same for a lot of them as well.

Nothing like the thing with Incarnate.
http://bleachness.livejournal.com/446299.html

Well this was just straight up plagiarism and yes nothing was worth than this.

Edited by Esquire, 03 December 2012 - 06:46 PM.

Posted Image

Thorene

Thorene

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 49 posts

I saw that thing about a year ago when I started reading witch hunter.
I wonder who it is who took the time put this stuff togheter

I think that's kinda lame, but the story is original and the author apoligized so I'll overlook it.

Also some of those ''plagiarisme evidence'' are a just ridiculous.
Plagiarisme over Lord of the ring and Star wars. What the hell is that! How many author have taken a lot of inspiration out of these,

Sheapy

Sheapy

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 16 posts
I think all mangas copied DragonBall Z you know with the power ups and how people keep on getting stronger. That's how ridiculous the plagiarism accusations sound like

svines85

svines85

Sweet Potato

• Contributor
  • 14,063 posts
  • Locationunderground like a wild potato
Plagiarism can be a tough case to prove anyways. Like many have already pointed out, while there may be similarities, that's normally not enough for plagiarism. It's most often associated with the taking of large parts of another work and reusing them "exactly" as is without credit or acknowledgement. Just being similar isn't enough, nobody has a patent on ideas.

Edited by svines85, 03 December 2012 - 07:38 PM.

Tn7HA0h.png