Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Photo

This is gonna taste as good on the way out as it did on the way in

• Please log in to reply
63 replies to this topic

SmilyYoko

SmilyYoko

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 37 posts

My self-produced butter cookie recipe. (it was supposed to be shortbread...) images provided with information on how ghetto my baking skills are. - great for anyone who have missing tools but want to bake.

Name: Microwave (microwave oven) butter cookies.
Time: - Prep 7mins, baking depends on your microwave. 
Difficulty: 2 - this was the first time I succeeded on baking by myself.
Serves: 7-8 pieces, depending on the size of your cookie cutter

I made this three times. Results: success/burnt to the pits/half burnt but not bad

Ingredients:
- flour 10tsp
- butter 25g
- sugar 3tsp
- baking powder 1/4 tsp
- pinch of salt
- vanilla extract 1/4 tsp (optional)

1. melt butter in the microwave in a bowl. whilst waiting mix the dry ingredients. sieve them beforehand (optional)

Spoiler

2. add the dry ingredient mix to the butter and mix. cut through the dough rather than mix. try to make crumbs. (i don't know the terminology but imagine mashing potatoes, i just did it with my whisk)
Spoiler

3. roll the dough and flatten it out. be gentle, it is dry and crumbly. (i just used a spoon to force the crumbs into layers) 
4. use a cookie cutter to cut out the cookies. (i didn't have one so I used my dad's wine glass as the mouth was small enough) 
Spoiler

5. place on a oven/microwave dish. (i didn't use any nonstick spray and that special paper. it's okay the crumb can be scrubbed off)
6. put in microwave. I had mine for 8mins. Not too long. 
Spoiler

7. let it set as you may not be able to remove the cookie...

And then you are done.
Spoiler

however for those of you who burnt your cookies or turned out like my second batch
Spoiler
there is hope. And I will show you how.

What you need: Icing sugar - if not go grind the regular sugar. If you don't have utensils a paper bag and hammer will do as good.
1. sprinkle icing sugar on top to cover the burnt bit.
2. then you're set. 

fool your friends into eating them. Killing two birds with one stone: it not going to waste, and killing your friends.

That looooooks so good.

Horripilating Sea Cucumber

Horripilating Sea Cucumber

Fried Potato

• Members
  • 839 posts
  • Locationhopefully not in the hands of confused lewd teenagers.

This post shows the beauty of food and the flexibility of cooking. It is a story of how I turned one good dish to a great dish.

Here’s how to make cream stew from leftover steak.

Finished look:

Spoiler

TIME: prep – 15~30mins cooking 15mins max

DIFFICULTY: amateur cook

SERVES: 2

INGREDIENTS:

- whatever oil

- carrots

- cream stew rue

Spoiler

- potato

- left over steak

- milk

- water

- salt & pepper

(optional)

- flour

- butter

- egg

1. cut up all the veg. cut the onions (not too small or they’re barely visible when completed) and place the onions and stir fry it in your pot with whatever oil. Low heat so you can leave it going whilst doing the next step.

Spoiler

2. meanwhile, cut up the potatoes and carrots into edible sizes.

Spoiler

3. boil them until soft BUT NOBODY GOT TIME FO DAT SHIZ. So stick it in a bowl, and add a fifth of a cup of water and wrap it in Clingfilm and microwave for 8mins.

Spoiler

4. during this add salt to the onions for seasoning and continue to cook at low heat.

5. cut up your leftover steak into bite sizes. But honestly, if there are more than half of the population who are able to jab a whopping rod of some sort in their mouths, just cut larger pieces cuz it saves time.

Spoiler

6. when carrots and potato are slightly softer, remove water from the bowl and add the rest of the veg to the pot. Add the water to the pot and fill it less than the volume of the combined vegetables.

7. add your rue. and add milk however you want. Not too much, it’s just for the taste and to balance out the texture of stew. You want it to be creamy. –

Spoiler
But I ended up using instant corn soup. 

8. if you want it to be more creamy sieve in some flour and mix it. Add milk for the rich and creamy flavour. – the instant packs tasted too sweet and I was bored of salt so I chucked in some consommé powder and pepper in there.

Spoiler

9. add your steak mix it and voila.

You can eat it with bread or top it on rice on a dish. 

Spoiler
Bon apetit! 

theroadstopshere

theroadstopshere

Russet Potato

• Donator
  • 366 posts
  • LocationThat great potato farm in the sky

Alright, so I freely admit that tonight's venture was more of a "Why the hell not, I have the ingredients" than my usual pre-planned meals (which I will begin photographing and posting more often, now that I know this place exists), but might as well start off on a bad note.

Our first dish for the night! Tuna Casserole! *wild cheering and applause*

So, I found a package of egg noodles I hadn't used yet, and decided, let's go for it. You can too! And, I know, tuna casserole is already an amazing, mindblowing concept, and definitely not boring, but I promise, this one knocked my socks off. Really great stuff. Here's where you start.

Spoiler

1.  For ingredients:

This recipe used chinese egg noodles, which I feel worked very well. If you have a preferred variety of noodles, be sure to know how they bake and check on them every so often to make sure they don't dry out too much once they're in the oven.

I had no pimento, and no green bell pepper, so I substituted by replacing both with one tablespoon yellow bell pepper, since most of my family doesn't care for peppers.

I added in a few dashes of steak pepper, which added some garlic and a few other mild seasonings into the mix, and was a suitable replacement for pepper.

Did not add the cup of evaporated milk. Not for any particular chef-like reason, but because I was tired, distracted, and busy tracking my progress on a skype chat, for no apparent reason. Personally, I found the dish to be excellent without it, but I always recommend following the directions, so I'm imagining that the addition of heavy cream was probably intended to soak through the noodles and help everything soak together well and be much more of a mash than mine ended up being. It probably mutes some of the stronger flavors, too, and gives the casserole a distinctly "casserole" texture and flavor.

Anyways, next step, boil the noodles.

Spoiler

BAM. Don't fuck this shit up, it's super easy. You can see the ends of my noodles just starting to slip into the water there. If they're a particularly stubborn brand and don't bend properly, just snap 'em in half (oh god, so much innuendo up until that part) and then drop both halves in.

NEEEEEEXT UPPPPPPPPP, I skipped some steps and threw everything together in a bin. Here she is, all the ingredients, minus noodles, tossed together!

Spoiler

Look at how classy I am. I'm appalled at myself.

At this point, you should have your oven preheated to 350, and tinfoil ready to go to cover your casserole. No? Get that shit going! You still got a minute! All your ingredients are chopped up, tossed together, scooped out, and poured into a bowl or bin, minus the noodles, aaaaaand, then you check your noodles to make sure they're ready for draining.

Are they? Yeh? Nice and tender and delicious? Great! Drain them in a collander, and use cold water to do that while you toss them. Make sure to pick them up and move them around so that you can be sure that all the noodles got properly washed a little bit, then throw them in the bin too.

And here's the part where you avert your eyes, because I hand-mixed the batch all together, to make sure that everything was properly distributed.

Spoiler

Ain't it a lovely sight? Be sure to wash your hands thoroughly again if you plan to do this, for your health and the health of others.

However you plan to mix it all up, be sure that all the ingredients in your bowl get properly distributed around the casserole. Don't let anything get heaped too much in one place or another, if you can help it. The more even the spread, the more even and better the taste.

Now into the buttered casserole dish, and then to cover her with tinfoil and into the oven!

Spoiler

That's the last we'll see of her for 40-45 minutes, until we take her out for a quick look near the end.

I removed my casserole at 40 minutes to check on her, and found her just right for adding a light topping of cheese to before putting her back into the oven for a final few minutes. The smell was almost overwhelming. With a little melted cheese on top, it was a fantastic dish to round off the evening, especially after eating my fill of our second dish, a highly appetizing noodle/rice/egg stir-fry I threw together with the remaining noodles while waiting for this beauty to cook. I will be posting that in a moment.

Final picture of the casserole:

Spoiler

Ahhhhh. Magnifique

"Life isn't about lasting through the storms, its about learning to dance in the rain."

You

You

Savage Potato

• Members
  • 3,262 posts
Spinach and feta stuffed..bread
Spoiler

Basically, the dough is made from whole plain flour and a little bit of ghee or oil, water, and salt.
Mix it altogether and knead it till soft. Let sit for a little while.
The filling is hard feta, spinach, garlic, salt, and spices. I added a little parmesan cause the feta didnt have much flavour.
Finely chop or grate or crumble the feta. I used frozen spinach so all i had to do was strain and dry it out a bit. So then mix all of the ingredients together, to taste.
Rest of the steps are pretty much in the photo.
Just don't break the uncooked bread (as the filling will come out), and cook on a high heat for a couple minutes.
And serve with lemon.
Overall, should take around an hour or so.
Tasted pretty good!

Edited by You, 29 December 2015 - 09:51 PM.

tumblr_static_tumblr_static_9e1zrqkbvu8s