Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Photo

Highschool DxD Anime

• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

Karl

Karl

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 13 posts
  • LocationBosnia and Herzegowina
Hey guys,I've wondered...is Highschool DxD Episode 12 the final of anime series?
Please reply quickly...

Thanks,Karel

Laurens D

Laurens D

Baked Potato

• tC Donator
  • 1,475 posts
  • Locationin the tower!
Got the feeling there won't be more. Ending was a bit rushed so probably there won't be one. Also the kid kinda married her so think it's the end -.- Probably

Edited by Laurens D, 13 April 2012 - 05:07 PM.

Posted Image

This is not my fault!

You could have bought my cookies.

greensoulreaper

greensoulreaper

Potato

• Contributor
  • 152 posts
There's a short OVA clip outside those 12 episodes but it's just pure boob fan service. :)

General Hentai

General Hentai

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 5 posts
It's set up so there could be more. The last episode is a bit rushed, which could mean that they wanted to get everything in while they could, having learned they weren't getting another season, or just poor pacing. There's supposed to be short fan-service friendly mini-OVAs with each DVD/Blu-Ray release...I'm trying to remember if there's supposed to be a full length OVA with the final DVD/Bluray release, but can't remember.

greensoulreaper

greensoulreaper

Potato

• Contributor
  • 152 posts
I think there's also going to be a unaired episode on a Blu-Ray disc that will be bundled with Volume 13 of the light novel when it ships in September 20th. According to the source I got it from it says that Ichiei Ishibumi (Original writer for the light novel version) will be writing that episode's script.

koji

koji

Potato Spud

• Donator
  • 11 posts
  • LocationGermany
I heard there will be a second season end 2012/beginning 2013 but I'm not sure

Karl

Karl

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 13 posts
  • LocationBosnia and Herzegowina
Wow,thanks guys...
I also think that the ending was a bit too rushed,and I would really like a 2nd season of this...
But,I hear that the light novels are like seasons,so...heh,something is better than nothing,even though I don't really like reading.

greensoulreaper

greensoulreaper

Potato

• Contributor
  • 152 posts

Wow,thanks guys...
I also think that the ending was a bit too rushed,and I would really like a 2nd season of this...
But,I hear that the light novels are like seasons,so...heh,something is better than nothing,even though I don't really like reading.

The light novels are pretty good if you don't mind reading about pretty much the same stuff you see in the anime. :) But if you have a good imagination and a love for the series, check out the translated versions posted on Baka-Tsuki. If you read them you'll find that the girls, especially Rias, are just too.........;)......

Beelz

Beelz

Potato

• Members
  • 117 posts
  • LocationDah bu!

I heard there will be a second season end 2012/beginning 2013 but I'm not sure

I heard this too, the ending seemed abit rushed but i think its selling quite well so the chances of another season seem fairly high. I hope it gets a second season because it stopped just as the plot begins to thicken so it would be a real shame if they just left it as is.

ChaosSanc

ChaosSanc

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 55 posts
  • LocationOn the Horizon
it is the end but i don't think there is any solid info about a second season to me all i found was speculation but i hope they make a season 2
For Light there must be Dark so what does Dark do to have Light?

Posted Image

Kazeshini581

Kazeshini581

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 7 posts
they are actually in the process of confirming another 3 seasons of Highschool DxD
Posted Image

Rakurai Amatsu

Rakurai Amatsu

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 34 posts
  • LocationAustralia
I still think it is very likely that there will be more seasons but they are doing what they had done with Shakugan no Shana where they will just let the light novels get a head so much or finish up with the light novels then finish the anime, or there doing what they are currently doing with bleach.... let the manga get a head start for so long or finishing the manga(like bleach) and finishing up the anime.

Either way can't wait

Edited by Rakurai Amatsu, 10 June 2012 - 08:44 AM.

Beelz

Beelz

Potato

• Members
  • 117 posts
  • LocationDah bu!
That would make a whole lotta sense although the novels are already quite far ahead... i want second season and tbh i can see them releasing one because although the first season ending seemed alittle rushed it would also make alotta sense that they where just testing the waters to see how well it goes down. I guess all we can do is wait and see and for those who can't stand the wait go read the light novels :D

Rakurai Amatsu

Rakurai Amatsu

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 34 posts
  • LocationAustralia

That would make a whole lotta sense although the novels are already quite far ahead... i want second season and tbh i can see them releasing one because although the first season ending seemed alittle rushed it would also make alotta sense that they where just testing the waters to see how well it goes down. I guess all we can do is wait and see and for those who can't stand the wait go read the light novels :D

I personally think the only reason the ending was rushed was so they could fit the story into one season instead of one season and tie it somewhere else, though it probably would of been smarter for them to have 13 episodes instead of 12 for this season I think it would looked a lot less rushed that way.

But I still think a 2nd season is still hopefull the question though is when will they decide to actually do it.....

Cydric

Cydric

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 22 posts
  • LocationTn
I definitely want a second season too. The anime was something that I always sat down and talked to my friends about. The dragon booster is definitely a relic that makes the main character powerful and he has to empower himself to use more of it. That's something that I really like about the story rather than him just being overpowering all the time. At any rate, the ending seems a little rushed when I think about it but they set everything up for more seasons. You really can't build up a series like this at the end, introduce the possibilty for a powerful rival and then drop the series. Just preluding to a strong rival and then the series drops. Are you kidding me?!
Posted Image

omnipwnage

omnipwnage

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 222 posts
  • LocationOregon

At any rate, the ending seems a little rushed when I think about it but they set everything up for more seasons. You really can't build up a series like this at the end, introduce the possibilty for a powerful rival and then drop the series. Just preluding to a strong rival and then the series drops. Are you kidding me?!

Well, that's no different than what they do for a decent number of series (Berserk anyone?) Once they get people interested in the anime, they are more likely to seek out other media of the same content. My only problem with that is, even if the light novels are mostly finished, the manga is behind the anime and following it to a T. And it's only released once a month. So people only option is the novels, waiting for the manga to surpass the anime (sometime in 2013) or pray that more seasons come out.

Kireas

Kireas

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 7 posts
Just a little bit of info about the anime, some minor spoilers
Spoiler

Edited by Kireas, 02 February 2013 - 03:57 PM.

Bluejewel

Bluejewel

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 6 posts

There is a Ova episode 13, is like a episode 0 to introduce the new season but also there is going to have more of course

Edited by Bluejewel, 14 April 2013 - 10:31 PM.

Harbinger

Harbinger

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 75 posts

Season 3 just started^^

How far will it go?

Well, according to the light novel, the first season consisted of the arcs of the first two volumes...

So season 3 will most likely cover the volumes 3 and 4, maybe volume 5 as well...

It makes sense for it to make more than just 2 seasons as there is plenty plot left to play with for the anime guys and all of it is VERY good for an anime^^

Although there are some differences to the LN:

1)

I didn't espect THIS guy to appear already in episode 1 of the anime as in the LN he made an appearance at the beginning of volume 4

Spoiler

Also, some stuff is different, but it still is funny and totally worth watching ;)

Edited by Harbinger, 08 July 2013 - 09:16 AM.

Looking for translated light novels?

Baka - Tsuki

There are MANY translated light novels, including Highschool DxD, Toaru Majutsu no index, Infinite Stratos, Seirei tsukai no kenbu AND Date a live (the Manga adaption of which got cancelled after chapter 6)

svines85

svines85

Sweet Potato

• Contributor
  • 14,063 posts
  • Locationunderground like a wild potato

Yup, episode 1 was good

Tn7HA0h.png