Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Photo

Wondering about a translation

• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

truepurple

truepurple

Baked Potato

• Members
  • 1,461 posts
" Did you put the girls where I told you to?"

So, they were suppose to have kidnapped and stored away two or more girls? Something about the whole thing makes me think the translation is a bit off.

Oh and to comment on this bit of the story, she should have called the cops on those two who tried to attack her, with her strength she could have tied them up no problem or otherwise held them till the police showed up, that way to make sure they don't hurt some other girl.

mfkevinking

mfkevinking

Fried Potato

• The Company (inactive)
  • 582 posts
  • LocationMiddle of The Country

" Did you put the girls where I told you to?"

So, they were suppose to have kidnapped and stored away two or more girls? Something about the whole thing makes me think the translation is a bit off.

I'm not sure, I didn't ask Grumpy. I'm assuming it's a typo I must have missed. Thanks for pointing out, though it's too late to retract it. It's not necessarily a translation error and could just be a typographical error.
Posted Image
Proud Ubuntu user since May 2010.

Grumpy

Grumpy

RawR

• Administrators
  • 4,078 posts
  • LocationHere of course!
Yeah, that's a typo  :-[

mfkevinking

mfkevinking

Fried Potato

• The Company (inactive)
  • 582 posts
Mistakes in Q/C'ing happen when you focus too hard on the rhetoric, spelling, and grammar, and forget to consider simple plot elements.
Posted Image

truepurple

truepurple

Baked Potato

• Members
  • 1,461 posts
So what is the correct translation?

mfkevinking

mfkevinking

Fried Potato

• The Company (inactive)
  • 582 posts
change girls to girl. It was a plural/singular error.
Posted Image

truepurple

truepurple

Baked Potato

• Members
  • 1,461 posts
So your saying that their job was to kidnap her away somewhere, not to threaten her or something like that?

Grumpy

Grumpy

RawR

• Administrators
  • 4,078 posts

So your saying that their job was to kidnap her away somewhere, not to threaten her or something like that?

correct.

truepurple

truepurple

Baked Potato

• Members
  • 1,461 posts

Thanks for pointing out, though it's too late to retract it. It's not necessarily a translation error and could just be a typographical error.

What do you mean by a "typographical error", what is that? You mean a typo, where someone just wrote the wrong thing?

Too late to retract, what makes it too late to retract? Whats different from the moment a chapter comes out, to two weeks latter or whatever? (not that I took nearly that long to point it out)

mfkevinking

mfkevinking

Fried Potato

• The Company (inactive)
  • 582 posts

What do you mean by a "typographical error", what is that? You mean a typo, where someone just wrote the wrong thing?

Too late to retract, what makes it too late to retract? Whats different from the moment a chapter comes out, to two weeks latter or whatever? (not that I took nearly that long to point it out)

Because, after two weeks, the chapter will have been uploaded onto the viewing sites, and we don't want multiple versions floating around, not if we can't help it. If it's deadly serious, we most likely will make a note of it in the next chapter.
Posted Image

truepurple

truepurple

Baked Potato

• Members
  • 1,461 posts
How do you read it before its on the viewing site? I read it and reported it not so long after you guys listed it as available.

semperspes

semperspes

Russet Potato

• The Company
  • 454 posts
you become a company member.
Posted Image

truepurple

truepurple

Baked Potato

• Members
  • 1,461 posts
And a company member is someone on the staff? If you want us to help you catch typos before they get to the point where you consider it too much hassle to fix it, that doesn't seem like a good way.

You say you don't want duplicate onlines, couldn't you just delete the old one?

Grumpy

Grumpy

RawR

• Administrators
  • 4,078 posts
You sure have a million questions.

Company member = staff.
We DON'T want you to catch typos. We simply wish there wasn't any by the time it's released. That's why the QC team is there to catch these things. Unfortunately, few slip by.

We can delete the version we may have, but not the ones floating around the Internet and the percentage of readers that actually come here is probably something like 1% or even less. So, in a bigger picture, we can't delete the old ones. Plus, it's a big bother to go around doing it again for something minor, some of us don't keep the original PSD files since they fill up your HD pretty fast.

Sensei~

Sensei~

Russet Potato

• The Company (inactive)
  • 457 posts

You sure have a million questions.

she's FBI = x... grump don't answer anymore questions and holdout for a lawyer.

Laurens D

Laurens D

Baked Potato

• tC Donator
  • 1,475 posts
  • Locationin the tower!

Yeah, that's a typo  :-[

Stop lying!!!! You were hoping for something else :P

Posted Image

This is not my fault!

You could have bought my cookies.

Obsidian-Blue

Obsidian-Blue

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 10 posts
Geh..typos happen - even in normal non-translated subject matter. At least its not a your/you're error. Those sometimes make me want to gouge out my eyes, and place them on toothpicks and make them do "dancies" for children. If only to see their faces.....oh..wait..um, yeah...

ANYWAYS *cough*

Beginning to think I want to do more than sit here and read stuff; time to do a little research and see where I can help with this whole process.