Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Photo

Chapter Discussion

• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

Icee

Icee

Fried Potato

• Members
  • 666 posts
I hope I won't be starting this topic for nothing xD

Anyways, this chapter was special, as is the comic... I mean, I'm not too sure what is happening anymore and what I am to believe or not, guess that's the 'magic' of it all... I wonder what'll happen next... To be honest, R. does seem kind of crazy... but I mean, he's still a character you get attached to...

Haha, I'm not good for starting topics... Anyways, hope people'll discuss over here ^.^

IM or it's for naught

svines85

svines85

Sweet Potato

• Contributor
  • 14,063 posts
  • Locationunderground like a wild potato
what a fantastic story this is so far, I just started reading it but it is really good

Tn7HA0h.png

svines85

svines85

Sweet Potato

• Contributor
  • 14,063 posts
Great new release on Easy Going Scans!

Tn7HA0h.png

Icee

Icee

Fried Potato

• Members
  • 666 posts

what a fantastic story this is so far, I just started reading it but it is really good

I find that this is pretty interesting. What intrigued you the most in this comic? (I'm curious xD so sorry 'bout that)

IM or it's for naught

svines85

svines85

Sweet Potato

• Contributor
  • 14,063 posts

I find that this is pretty interesting. What intrigued you the most in this comic? (I'm curious xD so sorry 'bout that)

I think the first thing that grabbed me with this was the art. The characters (especially the two main characters) along with the distinctive "look" just make parts of it strikingly beautiful to look at. On top of that, the story almost immediately draws you in, it's serious and straight forward with very little wasted movement to distract the reader. I'm not saying we're talking Shakespeare or anything but in the realm of manga/manhwa I think it's quite good.

Tn7HA0h.png

Icee

Icee

Fried Potato

• Members
  • 666 posts

I think the first thing that grabbed me with this was the art. The characters (especially the two main characters) along with the distinctive "look" just make parts of it strikingly beautiful to look at. On top of that, the story almost immediately draws you in, it's serious and straight forward with very little wasted movement to distract the reader. I'm not saying we're talking Shakespeare or anything but in the realm of manga/manhwa I think it's quite good.

Yeah, the art is quite special. I enjoyed the fact that it seems like they cut out pictures and put it in the some parts of the comic. XD
I like how they show that money isn't everything and how there seems to be a moral lingering on every page or so...

IM or it's for naught

svines85

svines85

Sweet Potato

• Contributor
  • 14,063 posts

Yeah, the art is quite special. I enjoyed the fact that it seems like they cut out pictures and put it in the some parts of the comic. XD
I like how they show that money isn't everything and how there seems to be a moral lingering on every page or so...

You're right about the art, there are really a number of unique things about the art work that draw the eye. I think this one really kind of show cases the potential of the art that maybe can be expressed in webtoons more so than in traditional manga/manhwa. And yeah the story is great, it seems a lot of the Korean works draw attention to (economic) "class" seperation. Even though Yoon Ai is considered attractive and is known to be one of the smartest in the school she's still seperated and ostracized in class. Really kind of sad but you're right there's a moral to the story.

Tn7HA0h.png

svines85

svines85

Sweet Potato

• Contributor
  • 14,063 posts
Man, fantastic new chapter, Easy Going Scans is the best.

Tn7HA0h.png

svines85

svines85

Sweet Potato

• Contributor
  • 14,063 posts
Great new chapter (22) thanks EGS,, Go Il Deung!! It's nice to see him trying to break free, I hope it works out for him (and Yoon Ah-Ee)

Tn7HA0h.png

Icee

Icee

Fried Potato

• Members
  • 666 posts
I loved the sudden change of art... Yaaay!!! It kinda bothered me how he was drawn to be honest :)
It was as if breaking free made us see the real him and not just the exterior or something like that... Hm...
Great chapter anyhoo :D

IM or it's for naught

svines85

svines85

Sweet Potato

• Contributor
  • 14,063 posts
Another great chapter and yeah, we're rapidly drawing towards the end. Only 4 more chps after the current one (23). What a great title this has been, it really doesn't surprise me that this is one that went from webtoon to a printed work. It really deserved it, it's a vastly superior work in many ways.

Tn7HA0h.png

Purple Library Guy

Purple Library Guy

Fried Potato

• Donator
  • 695 posts
  • LocationCheck Rivendell, or Vorbarr Sultana, or Adrilankha. No? Try Vancouver.
Totally agree. I've been seriously impressed by this from the beginning. It would be good even with more normal art, but the art is amazing, gives it another dimension . . . and I don't normally pay that much attention to art.

svines85

svines85

Sweet Potato

• Contributor
  • 14,063 posts
A great new chapter by Easy Going Scans (25). The story is really in the final stretch now.

Tn7HA0h.png

vegaobscura

vegaobscura

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 69 posts
  • Locationcxc/overload scans
Now thats how you end a masterpiece such as this. The epilogue had the right Everything is the only way i can describe it.

svines85

svines85

Sweet Potato

• Contributor
  • 14,063 posts
Yeah, I have to agree, this was a great story. I thoroughly enjoyed every bit of it from start to finish. Really striking art work and a very well told seinen story. You don't always get "and everybody lived happily ever after" in more mature works like this, and I think this manhwa is a prime example why you don't necessarily have to have air-tight happy endings to be a really outstanding work.

Tn7HA0h.png

Purple Library Guy

Purple Library Guy

Fried Potato

• Donator
  • 695 posts
  • LocationCheck Rivendell, or Vorbarr Sultana, or Adrilankha. No? Try Vancouver.
Yes. I liked the way it sort of looked as though it was stripping off the mystery, shedding the illusions to be left with some poor bastard who just couldn't cope with reality . . . and then put it all back, and in the end left him as mysterious as ever. And what gave the turn that final morsel of perfection was that where at the beginning, he was showing the magic to reluctant her, at the end she participated. She wore the hat.
This is a wonderful story.

fishiiie

fishiiie

Potato Spud

• Contributor
  • 38 posts
  • LocationWhere there is cake

Iuno, this story just makes my heart squeeze.

No words