Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Photo

Evergreen - Latest Chapter Discussion

• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

greensoulreaper

greensoulreaper

Potato

• Contributor
  • 152 posts
From the looks of the first few chapters so far, this could be a pretty interesting manga, seeing as how the protagonist has a lot of "fears" he needs to deal with. Awaya Nika, the swim team ace, seems to be his key to overcoming his obstacles.

Since the author did Toradora! and Watashi tachi no Tamura-kun, I'm expecting some nice romance to develop over the course of these "struggles" the main characters go through together.

Zero King

Zero King

Fried Potato

• Contributor
  • 866 posts
  • LocationThe World I Designed
I agree it seems very interesting and has good characters.

I think Awaya Nika might be related to the Main character, because of how his grandmother acted after seeing Nika's last name on her towel. Though i hope they are related in a way where its okay to have a romantic relationship.

Can't wait to see more releases and the romance.

Buroguy32

Buroguy32

Potato Spud

• Contributor
  • 13 posts
there is a thread but they didnt use it when they are spilling some spoilers haaaayyyyzzzz

oninn

oninn

Potato

• Contributor
  • 175 posts
  • LocationNot tellin'
@Buro, that's why this is a latest chapter discussion right? xD If you had read the latest chapter (it's chapter 5 now, it was uploaded yesterday I think) then the discussion here won't spoil you...

Spoiler

Well... Err-- Anyway, it's all my assumption and there's no valuable proof if I'm correct or not, but if there's a chance that my prediction is correct, I will still read this manga. Just look at the art, it's soooo goood.

Oh, remember... please use the "spoiler" function of the Special BB Code above (at the left of the "FONT") if you ever want to include some spoilers because some people may look in this thread without actually reading the series... Maybe their reason is they wanted to check if the manga that they'll read is... worth reading or something like that. I don't really know but if that's the case, then maybe we should put it inside the spoiler function.

Also, you can use an alternative. Just type "<spoiler>*Your spoiler*</spoiler>" with " < " replaced by " [ " and " > " replaced by " ] " (This is what I'm doing).

Edited by oninn, 02 June 2012 - 11:10 PM.

Visit our Blog! Also, try visiting my deviantart!
Inclined just for you.
I am normal.

zimzimbadabim

zimzimbadabim

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 11 posts
I wish I had a sister like On-chan. She's cool.

Dazleeon Cylen

Dazleeon Cylen

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 8 posts
well here's my prediction/theory. (BTW I have confidence in my guessing skills so I'd psuedo-declare this to be a red alert lvl 3 spoiler, you've been warned, lol)

Spoiler

that'd be it cause that's what I found out to be more interesting to figure out for now, hope there are some nice, clean, and hopefully unexpected plot turns coming around the corner! :), it's a nice read.

Edited by Dazleeon Cylen, 13 July 2012 - 07:41 PM.

MarzoNegro

MarzoNegro

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 38 posts
Maybe incest? maybe siblings without a blood relationship ??

rpapo

rpapo

Potato Spud

• Contributor
  • 29 posts
  • LocationUSA

Maybe incest? maybe siblings without a blood relationship ??

Get your mind out of the gutter . . .

keideki

keideki

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 12 posts
Anyone else think the latest chapter's translation was kind of sub par?

lajem

lajem

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 2 posts
When do you come from another part ??

rpapo

rpapo

Potato Spud

• Contributor
  • 29 posts
  • LocationUSA
I presume you mean, "When will the next chapter come out?"

The answer is: We're working on it. We have the pages, we've translated most of it, and typeset some of it. I cannot give an ETA, though.

lajem

lajem

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 2 posts
sorry my English is bad

rpapo

rpapo

Potato Spud

• Contributor
  • 29 posts
  • LocationUSA
And there you have it. Couldn't tell you when it was coming because it was not entirely under my control.

Crimson

Crimson

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 1 posts
This is an absolutely fantastic series. Thank you for scanlating this: it made my morning when I realized that Evergreen had a new chapter!

svines85

svines85

Sweet Potato

• Contributor
  • 14,063 posts
  • Locationunderground like a wild potato
A really good chapter, thanks Casanova! I hate that no sooner than they got together (a little at least) there's already the potential of a romantic misunderstanding, hopefully things will get cleared up quickly and we can get into some less drama filled romance.

Tn7HA0h.png

Epharix

Epharix

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 1 posts
  • LocationIn the town of madness! With my favorite cardboard box...

And where can we find the wonderous manga that was debuted at the end of this chapter?

rpapo

rpapo

Potato Spud

• Contributor
  • 29 posts
  • LocationUSA

And where can we find the wonderous manga that was debuted at the end of this chapter?

That series is not debuting, but rather happens to be another series by the same author.  The latest tankobons for Evergreen and Golden Time came out on the same day, and each had an advertisement for the other on the last page of the book.  In any case, you will find the first twelve chapters of Golden Time already done and posted here on Batoto.  Chapters 13-17 have been published in tankobon form, but not yet scanlated, and you will find a mirror-image advertisement for Evergreen at the end of Golden Time chapter 17 . . . when it eventually comes out here.

REinnocent

REinnocent

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 21 posts

incest...not really sure about that,cannot assume to earlier.....need to know that keys that both of them have....

lumpur

lumpur

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 4 posts

My 2 cents:

Hotaka's father left his family to go live with Nikki's mother. But when Hotaka fell ill due to his heart, he came back because of his guilt.

It's heavily hinted that Hotaka had his father's heart transplanted. Remember the dream where the little girl takes Hotaka's heart and then goes to give it to someone else? Also, now Nikki sees her stabbing not Hotaka, but her "father", because his heart is with Hotaka now.

Why can Hotaka dream of Nikki and remember her as the little girl in the yutaka? Maybe it has a not completely natural explanation: it may be because of the fact he has now his father's heart.

Anyway, I highly doubt they're related at all.

pokeroots

pokeroots

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 40 posts
Well I guess this cleared it up my guess would be half siblings like I've thought for a while