Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Photo

i haven't read this yet... so how is this Gender bender?

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

raisane

raisane

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 65 posts
  • LocationThe Netherlands
well just as the title says, in which form is this gender bender? MU and Batoto says it is, but MAL says it isn't (even though mal isn't that accurate with genres)
and if it is, is it just something minor? like a side side side side character having it, or something just for 2 chapters or?

TheCrowSword

TheCrowSword

Fried Potato

• Members
  • 732 posts
  • LocationDenmark
Yeah it's mainly for a little bit here and there... really not the main part, but it's the main char doing it in secrecy

and it's online, when he uses another character he's female for a while
Posted Image
Spoiler

Mouse-kun

Mouse-kun

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 2 posts
Main protagonist came across a female online persona card. Accessed Lost Saga(Online Game) with it. Played it once in the beginning and played it once again for several chapters in Dragon Land arc.

Gecko

Gecko

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 2 posts
There has only been a few instances of Gender Bending in this manga. As has been said, the main character temporarily gender bends when he uses the female character card, which is actually rather uncommon and have reasons specific to that particular arc. There are two and a half arcs that I can think of off the top of my head that involve the main character doing this. Possibly three.

The only other instances of gender bending belong to a character that has modified his appearance data to be that of a girl. The character is rather unimportant and more of a supporting character, at best. While this is a constant feature of said character, but it's really not a huge deal in regards to the story in its entirety.

Not enough for the gender bender tag, methinks (it never really becomes the focus of the story), but I guess some people have different criteria.

Edited by Gecko, 01 April 2012 - 09:38 AM.

Thurhame

Thurhame

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 5 posts

This series is set in a fully-immersive MMORPG. The gender bender is the (male) main character using a female avatar in the game. At about half the series, I think it's enough to count as major.

First arc: only a short bit at the beginning.

Second arc: yes.

Third arc: no.

Fourth arc: yes.

Interestingly, when he's using his own avatar, the female avatar is still present as an a.i. character. She more than makes up for the lack of gender bender in the first arc. The fourth arc introduces her counterpart, a male a.i. for the main character's own avatar. I don't know much about him yet, since last time I read this only the first couple chapters of that arc were done. *goes to read*