Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Photo

Baths

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

ptsome110

ptsome110

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 7 posts
so does a bath this lavish actually exist in korea?
... im' thinking maybe in Dubai

Ttae just sounds nasty

noctis

noctis

Potato Spud

• Contributor
  • 27 posts
lol "ttae" is just the dirt and crap that you should be scrubbing off every time you take a shower/bath.

Pasta

Pasta

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 1 posts
Lololol, No there is no such bathhouse in Korea or anywhere else in the world. I wonder how much it would cost to run the damn thing xD. Ttae is not nasty. Everybody has it. Try soaking yourself in hot water in your tub, stay there for a while(sing a song, write a poem ionno) and then try scratching yourself in the thigh, like you have some sort of mosquito bite. Strange looking white, tan shit may or may not come out. If it does, that is ttae. If it doesnt... stop trying to act like your clean :P

Purple Library Guy

Purple Library Guy

Fried Potato

• Donator
  • 695 posts
  • LocationCheck Rivendell, or Vorbarr Sultana, or Adrilankha. No? Try Vancouver.
Basically the outer layer of dead skin, the stuff those spa types are getting off you when they talk about "exfoliating" and all that.

Amelie

Amelie

Russet Potato

• Contributor
  • 226 posts
  • LocationStarbucks Restroom
Weee, cleaning your ttae makes you smooth as a baby~
Not cleaning it sounds more gross.
6b8.gif

Hellion Twins

Hellion Twins

Fried Potato

• Donator
  • 731 posts
  • LocationKeeling over
Honestly I think Ttae sounds better that Looli/Rooli which is my dialect's version.

tumblr_mespwcUZxx1rxs3wso1_400.gif

Manga Recommendation: 21/04/14

Spoiler

A gift from Maia Obanee

svines85

svines85

Sweet Potato

• Contributor
  • 14,063 posts
  • Locationunderground like a wild potato

Wow, I'd almost feel sorry for our MC if he still wasn't such a jerk. :D

He still hasn't seemed to have gained even an ounce of humility after all he's been through.......and it's not like everybody isn't telling him either.  >_<

Tn7HA0h.png

Azakura

Azakura

Potato Spud

• Contributor
  • 13 posts

These baths (찜질방) are definitely places that the 1% in Korea can afford. (link)

Edit: though they are admittedly not as 'holy-cow-amazing' as the ones in the comic.

photos:

Spoiler

Edited by Azakura, 18 November 2013 - 02:27 PM.

svines85

svines85

Sweet Potato

• Contributor
  • 14,063 posts

These baths (찜질방) are definitely places that the 1% in Korea can afford. (link)

Edit: though they are admittedly not as 'holy-cow-amazing' as the ones in the comic.

photos:

Spoiler

Holy cow, cool, kind of makes you think the author might have been exaggerating a little.........but maybe not all that much.  :D

Tn7HA0h.png

svines85

svines85

Sweet Potato

• Contributor
  • 14,063 posts

Geez, I'd kinda been reserving judgment up till now, but to tell his blind date she wasn't washing herself well enough.......our MC really doesn't have even a lick of good sense.  :D

Tn7HA0h.png

flowsthead

flowsthead

Baked Potato

• Members
  • 1,032 posts

Looking at the raws, it seems to have been picked up to be sold as a book. I hope the scans won't stop because of that.

The face of the angel of history is turned toward the past. Where we perceived a chain of events, he sees a single catastrophe which keeps piling wreckage and hurls it in front of his feet. The angel would like to stay, awaken the dead, and make whole what has been smashed. But a storm is blowing from Paradise; it has got caught in his wings with such violence that the angel can no longer close them. This storm irresistably propels him into the future to which his back is turned, while the pile of debris before him grows skyward. The storm is what we call progress.
~Walter Benjamin

svines85

svines85

Sweet Potato

• Contributor
  • 14,063 posts

Looking at the raws, it seems to have been picked up to be sold as a book. I hope the scans won't stop because of that.

Mmmm, yeah, dunno now. I see what you mean, the chapters aren't there anymore. They sure used to be, I mean this one's actually been complete for a couple/few years now, I'd certainly looked at all the chapter at least a time or three in the past on Naver.

Yeah, guess we'll see what happens, if the group got online copies of the chapters..........seems like in the past groups have scanlated from the print copies for that matter, I believe EGS scanlated Annarasumanara from print versions rather than the actual online Naver chapters if memory serves. 

Tn7HA0h.png

hisui火水

hisui火水

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 7 posts
  • LocationRight behind your left shoulder. Do not look.

Holy cow, cool, kind of makes you think the author might have been exaggerating a little.........but maybe not all that much.   :D

The exaggeration seem to be only about the proportions (I mean, a huge pyramid?), but the style and luxury are not that farfetched. I always wondered about that, but after those photos,... not anymore.

And going a little bit off-topic...

Spoiler

It's jade, actually. I'm just messing with my kanji.

svines85

svines85

Sweet Potato

• Contributor
  • 14,063 posts

Spoiler

Yeah, you're right, it's really taken a while to see, well, any improvement in his character.....but yeah, he's definitely seemed to grow up just a little bit lately.

Tn7HA0h.png

svines85

svines85

Sweet Potato

• Contributor
  • 14,063 posts

Haa! Hilarious   :D

1cac255c07.jpg

and, now that I look, I think that was probably supposed to be "sweet" instead of "sweat"  :D

Edited by svines85, 08 June 2014 - 06:10 PM.

Tn7HA0h.png