Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Photo

how is it going to end?

• Please log in to reply
65 replies to this topic

RS456

RS456

Potato

• Members
  • 103 posts
I am getting a bad feeling about Eba. Haruto is away from home multiple times to advance his cooking experience and career and each time he is gone for atleast 1 day and on top of that he is head of the cooking club which happen to have retreats often. What is Eba doing during this time? What she is doing during this time was not really shown yet. From Haruto's previous experience with Eba she had betrayed Haruto out of lonliness of Haruto not physically being there. I hope it doesn't happen but if it does than he should just forget about her and choose someone more loyal.

Edited by RS456, 18 February 2013 - 05:11 AM.

Comadrin

Comadrin

Fried Potato

• Members
  • 799 posts
  • LocationManetheren, but more realistically Southern California

Uhhhhh! The two of them have recently had their first "intimate experience" together. Since then, they have gotten closer, with both having a desire to be more intimate (read "pleasing each other better"). Haruto has a girlfriend he loves dearly. She has been alone most of her life. His circle/club life (of which she approves) takes him away for several days. She is supposed to immediately go and find a man to boff the living daylights out of her from the frustration thereof? Sheeeeiiiiiit! I spent twenty years in the Marine Corps, and spent over three years separated from my wife due to deployment. Did she go sexually crazy on the second day I was gone? Did she boff everything male the entire time I was deployed? I obviously should have planted secret cameras all around my house and spent days researching every second that I was incommunicado. OR, perhaps I should have trusted my wife, the same way she trusted me in my absence. Maybe her libido allowed her to remain faithful for six months (normal military deployment) like Yuzuki might be able to be faithful for a couple of days. I know that chicks go crazy for sex within hours of their last encounter, but true love will allow them to at least be faithful for a couple of days (foregoing statement is total sexist bullshit).

Edited by Comadrin, 20 August 2013 - 04:52 AM.

svines85

svines85

Sweet Potato

• Contributor
  • 14,063 posts
  • Locationunderground like a wild potato

I am getting a bad feeling about Eba. Haruto is away from home multiple times to advance his cooking experience and career and each time he is gone for atleast 1 day and on top of that he is head of the cooking club which happen to have retreats often. What is Eba doing during this time? What she is doing during this time was not really shown yet. From Haruto's previous experience with Eba she had betrayed Haruto out of lonliness of Haruto not physically being there. I hope it doesn't happen but if it does than he should just forget about her and choose someone more loyal.

Yeah, I've got to say I really don't think I can agree with you. Certainly the second part of your comment (Haruto's previous.....) is something I interpreted quite a bit differently than you seem to have. Frankly I don't think the story matches up with your view of that set of events at all. Though I won't go so far as to say I don't consider what happened back then not to have been at least somewhat of a betrayal on her part, but I definitely don't see it how you are.

As far as the first part of your comment, well no, we don't know what every character is doing "off screen" at every moment in the story line............but thinking thoughts of infidelity without any real foreshadowing to that effect doesn't really seem very realistic. Maybe in a hentai work but not in this manga. There's just nothing to point to something like that in my view.

Though I'll admit I've been begging for Seo Kouji to do some hentai for a while now, so some hard-core Yuzuki/NTR action would actually be something I'd normally give my full support to........heck I'd even pay for some of that :D

Edited by svines85, 18 February 2013 - 04:46 PM.

Tn7HA0h.png

RS456

RS456

Potato

• Members
  • 103 posts
Actually I seen romance manga (non-hentai) turned upside down with a similar situation. What Eba did was was undoubtedly a form of betrayal. Instead of being direct she evasively broke up with him and misled him into thinking they were still dating. For her to even giving Kazama a chance and even accepting his confession was obviously out of lonliness. Remember when they initially started the long distance relationship. Eba use to call Haruto everyday and talk about pointless stuff which kind of pissed off Haruto which led to a small fight which was immediately resolved. That was a big hint of Eba's lonliness of Haruto not being there. When she saw Haruto with Kanzaki eventhough he was just helping Kanzaki out that was the last straw for her which triggered her to accept Kazama. Haruto is not exactly lonely he has several friends who happen to be girls. All I am saying is her lonliness is what caused her to break up with Haruto and start seeing Kazama. But now since all the other girl routes are closed now I don't think it is possible anymore. Eba doesn't have anyone to feel uneasy about if they are alone with Haruto.

My guess is it will end with Akari's wedding where everyone will be reunited as Akari became friends will all of Haruto's Tokyo friends

Edited by RS456, 03 March 2013 - 07:01 PM.

bane_ecf

bane_ecf

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 83 posts
  • LocationMinneapolis-St. Paul metro

But now since all the other girl routes are closed now I don't think it is possible anymore. Eba doesn't have anyone to feel uneasy about if they are alone with Haruto.

There's still some pathways other than Yuzuki for Haruto, though in my mind it's a pretty remote chance it'll happen. The most obvious one is Rin, who's definitely got a thing for Haruto and has the access to make a move too. You also never know when girls like Mana and Shiho (the girls from the restaraunt in Aoyama) might come back into the picture either, they share a very common interest which could lead into another path.

Edited by bane_ecf, 03 March 2013 - 07:52 PM.

RS456

RS456

Potato

• Members
  • 103 posts

There's still some pathways other than Yuzuki for Haruto, though in my mind it's a pretty remote chance it'll happen. The most obvious one is Rin, who's definitely got a thing for Haruto and has the access to make a move too. You also never know when girls like Mana and Shiho (the girls from the restaraunt in Aoyama) might come back into the picture either, they share a very common interest which could lead into another path.

Not really since Haruto really doesn't give the other girls a chance to approach him like that. Rin is likely but Rin's route was closed few chapters ago when Haruto and Eba finally became one. After finding that out she was pretty depressed about it then she started dating the guy that was following her. I think he was her classmate.

svines85

svines85

Sweet Potato

• Contributor
  • 14,063 posts

Actually I seen romance manga (non-hentai) turned upside down with a similar situation. What Eba did was was undoubtedly a form of betrayal. Instead of being direct she evasively broke up with him and misled him into thinking they were still dating. For her to even giving Kazama a chance and even accepting his confession was obviously out of lonliness. Remember when they initially started the long distance relationship. Eba use to call Haruto everyday and talk about pointless stuff which kind of pissed off Haruto which led to a small fight which was immediately resolved. That was a big hint of Eba's lonliness of Haruto not being there. When she saw Haruto with Kanzaki eventhough he was just helping Kanzaki out that was the last straw for her which triggered her to accept Kazama. Haruto is not exactly lonely he has several friends who happen to be girls. All I am saying is her lonliness is what caused her to break up with Haruto and start seeing Kazama. But now since all the other girl routes are closed now I don't think it is possible anymore. Eba doesn't have anyone to feel uneasy about if they are alone with Haruto. My guess is it will end with Akari's wedding where everyone will be reunited as Akari became friends will all of Haruto's Tokyo friends

Nah, we interpret the Yuzuki / Kazama development differently, plain and simple. No biggie. The bottom line is that I don't think loneliness on her part played a role. Though it's much a matter of personal view-point and there's really no way to know for sure, I believe Yuzuki's return to Tokyo at that time and her swapping bf's was all brought about by Kazama playing the pity card and manipulating her sympathy. Nothing more, nothing less. And I'm not saying it was done maliciously on Kazama's part, I mean he'd been in love with her for a while, but he forced Yuzuki to abandon Haruto in my view.

(oh, and nothing you or anyone else can say will change my view :D)

Tn7HA0h.png

Comadrin

Comadrin

Fried Potato

• Members
  • 799 posts
Yeah, pretty much only the mangaka can change that point of view (which I share). I hope he won't do so, as it would piss me off royally, and I might become one of those people who swear off KNIM at regular intervals. I felt sorry for Kazama (death sentence sucks, whether it's natural or government mandated, but government mandated is less final than natural). (The laws of physics really are the only immutable laws we have!) At the same time, most of the people I've known who have been given a short timeline for life have been (both children and adults) both magnanimous and loving. Kazama's "I'll never let you have her, even if I die," when he knew that Haruto loved her (and that she loved him, most probably), will forever remain in my craw as a cheap trick.

ven0m_1357

ven0m_1357

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 16 posts

I agree. I was raging quite hard during that arc. I mean that was NTR right, without the sex. No matter how the author sugarcoated the relationship of Kazama and Haruto, I hated Kazama. Wait, granted that he was in his deathbed, I really really disliked the guy.

Started from the bottom now I'm still fvcking here?

Laurens D

Laurens D

Baked Potato

• tC Donator
  • 1,475 posts
  • Locationin the tower!

they'll break up, he finds another girl and the story restarts... Again... <--- obviously a joke lol

Posted Image

This is not my fault!

You could have bought my cookies.

svines85

svines85

Sweet Potato

• Contributor
  • 14,063 posts

they'll break up, he finds another girl and the story restarts... Again... <--- obviously a joke lol

oh lord, don't even joke about that :D

Tn7HA0h.png

KostasSum

KostasSum

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 8 posts
  • LocationGreece

I hope it ends with Haruto being impotent. Or maybe if Yuzuki can't bear a child.

some ppl want to see the world burn ...

svines85

svines85

Sweet Potato

• Contributor
  • 14,063 posts

some ppl want to see the world burn ...

Hah! it's true, and you know the old saying, "be careful what you wish for, you just might get it" :D

Tn7HA0h.png

bane_ecf

bane_ecf

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 83 posts
  • LocationMinneapolis-St. Paul metro
I think a realistic, foreseeable nuclear ending would be for Yuzuki to die from cancer, we all know that Yuzuki's mom died of cancer at a very early age and that cancer tends to be inherited. Once Yuzuki dies of cancer Haruto goes into depression until he hooks up with Rin-chan (my choice) or any other of Haruto's hot female friends that have interest in him (and that includes Akari, married or not) out of desperate need to fill in the void of loneliness.

Edited by bane_ecf, 27 August 2013 - 11:19 PM.

svines85

svines85

Sweet Potato

• Contributor
  • 14,063 posts

oh man, we'd be at around chapter 400 or so by that point, right? Yikes...........it could happen though I suppose, though looking to like Suzuka you wouldn't expect the author to do it really........or I wouldn't I guess. 

Tn7HA0h.png

puzzledwire

puzzledwire

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 10 posts

I don't think there's a lot of time left in this series, honestly, I feel like in the next few chapters Eba is going to come out and say she's pregnant. Then we'll see the start of Haruto's family.

Comadrin

Comadrin

Fried Potato

• Members
  • 799 posts

Could be.  I'd be willing to bet that he'd be a much better father than "dear old childhood friend."  Being the fairly responsible couple they are, I'd think Haruto and Yuzuki are more proactive (and knowledgeable) about birth control than than the other couple, but that's up to the mangaka and not to me.  Statistically speaking, two birth control failures in a short space of time would seem a little contrived.

svines85

svines85

Sweet Potato

• Contributor
  • 14,063 posts

I don't think there's a lot of time left in this series, honestly, I feel like in the next few chapters Eba is going to come out and say she's pregnant. Then we'll see the start of Haruto's family.

Spoiler

its ending might also be linked to sales/popularity......as far as I know (last looked at tanko sales and such...not to mention it just got a prime-time anime) this title is still very popular in Japan

Tn7HA0h.png

Comadrin

Comadrin

Fried Potato

• Members
  • 799 posts

Aha!  Back to my earlier post (can't remember, off-hand, which topic) where the mangaka is forced to decide whether to ride the horse that's winning all the races ad infinitum, with handsome salary and gratuities to get his kids through college, or cut it off and write something his little heart desires.  Heck, the last time I looked, this is still one of the most popular scanlated manga out there, even with all the Eba haters and KNIM haters that post, ad nauseam, how much they hate this and are never, even if tortured, going to read it again (and then post more righteous anger when the next chapter comes out).  If you're a mangaka who doesn't have a zaibatsu CEO position to fall back on, you don't kill the goose that lays golden eggs or the cow that gives you pure cream.  You milk it (or sell it's eggs) and write your dream "great Japanese manga" in your own time.  JRR Tolkien corrected exam papers, gave lectures, and taught English literature day on/stay on, but spent the most of his free time writing and re-writing a set of legends that he thought no one would ever read.  Even after he was independently wealthy from "Lord of the Rings," he still corrected exam papers and gave lit lectures.  In today's economy, cutting off a popular manga because the writer is tired of it, and wants to write the manga of his heart is a great way to end up in poverty.  Is Seo Kouji going to write the Japanese Shakespeare canon?  Don't know, but he writes manga that keeps us coming back, and puts food on his family's table that way.  If it keeps selling, maybe there will be 1500 chapters.  Who knows?  I'll probably keep reading it, unless it gets totally boring, which it hasn't done yet.

puzzledwire

puzzledwire

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 10 posts

Spoiler

its ending might also be linked to sales/popularity......as far as I know (last looked at tanko sales and such...not to mention it just got a prime-time anime) this title is still very popular in Japan

Spoiler

Edited by puzzledwire, 23 September 2013 - 01:09 AM.