Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Photo

how is it going to end?

• Please log in to reply
65 replies to this topic

svines85

svines85

Sweet Potato

• Contributor
  • 14,063 posts
  • Locationunderground like a wild potato
See? It's just like I said, chapter 201 is titled "Restart".........so now for 200 more chapters. It's never going to end, it'll just go on and on and on.......we'll probably see those two retire (and still be too embarrassed to hold hands in public).

Tn7HA0h.png

Comadrin

Comadrin

Fried Potato

• Members
  • 799 posts
  • LocationManetheren, but more realistically Southern California
Maybe daikun has a good point: Haruto buys a cheap condom, which fails at the critical moment (or his immense naiveté suggests you can wash and reuse them) and Eba gets pregnant. His childhood "friend" finds out that he has been left behind in the "Race Of Ultimate Manhood," and spends 200 chapters chasing everything female from cats to cows through the streets of Tokyo, and finally dies of sexual frustration (simply because any female, sentient or not, would choose seppuku over mating with him). At the end of the next 200 chapters, Eba discovers she is pregnant. From this point, you can choose the ending. My personal take is that Haruto is overcome by guilt at having gotten laid before his friend, and becomes a hermit in the mountains, eating nothing but wild herbs and contemplating his wickedness (or navel). As a single mother, Eba becomes the CEO of a huge land development corporation and razes the mountain her erstwhile lover lives on to sea level to make a gigantic theme park. The child then grows up to be the greatest rock star of the generation and repudiates good and evil, leading the world into a scientific and amoral utopia. Either that, or they get married and live happily ever after. I kind of like my version better.

svines85

svines85

Sweet Potato

• Contributor
  • 14,063 posts
@Comadrin

I'd guess your version would be more exciting than what Seo Kouji is going to give us. I see much slice of life in the future of KNIM

Tn7HA0h.png

Comadrin

Comadrin

Fried Potato

• Members
  • 799 posts
Yeah, I know, and I love the slice of life, too. I just have to go into "idiot savant" mode every now and then and throw out totally Ueshiba Riichi kind of madness. I blame it on the slow pace of KNIM, which, of course, is one of its' greatest charms. If I didn't really enjoy this manga, I wouldn't even bother to go on the forum to make fun of it. I would hate to offend Seo Kouji. If I could give him a good laugh, that would make my day..

svines85

svines85

Sweet Potato

• Contributor
  • 14,063 posts
yup, i love slice of life too........it's just all those beautiful women Seo Kouji draws seem wasted without more action. preferably hot sweaty sex action that is

Tn7HA0h.png

idgit

idgit

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 19 posts
Is there anybody left alive who really WANTS an Eba ending, most of what I've seen is along the lines of "at this point I just want to see an ending... ANY ending" or "I could deal with Eba, I guess" I mean hell the Rin path just officially opened up but even before that it seemed like she was more popular than her sister. I'm just putting this out there but if you're one of those that actually WANT to see him end up with Eba I would like to hear WHY at this point, it's not like they'd have much else left to experience besides kids

Comadrin

Comadrin

Fried Potato

• Members
  • 799 posts
Well, it is does have a "slice-of-life" tag on the front page, and slice of life can continue past the romantic denouement. As to why I would want to see him end up with Eba: Well, I always rather liked her, even while thinking that a lot of her actions were childish and misguided. I would have preferred having the mangaka give us more of the story from her point of view, as I would have understood her better from the get-go.

In many shoujo manga I have come across, confessing mutual love is the end of the story and finally having sex would be the final end. For a slice-of-life manga, it can be just an important way point in the story. Much of this manga is devoted to the characters' feelings and mental processes, and their first sexual experience will probably change these feelings in a lot of ways. I have never felt that sex is the ultimate end in a romantic relationship, although I am certainly not averse to it. I am hoping there is some character development for Haruto and Eba in the upcoming chapters of the story, because there hasn't been a great deal in the chapters until now.

Svine85: Yes, Seo Kouji's women are gorgeous, even without being drawn in a graphically realistic, totally-fan-service style. Unlike a lot of the "formula drawn" manga with ginoumous breasts that defy the laws of physics by being able to stand up of their own, his women are drawn to look more like real women, and a good part of their beauty comes from the expressions on their faces, which he is a consummate artist in creating. I have always found this more appealing that total hentai cheesecake.

Edited by Comadrin, 20 October 2012 - 12:21 AM.

svines85

svines85

Sweet Potato

• Contributor
  • 14,063 posts

Is there anybody left alive who really WANTS an Eba ending, most of what I've seen is along the lines of "at this point I just want to see an ending... ANY ending" or "I could deal with Eba, I guess" I mean hell the Rin path just officially opened up but even before that it seemed like she was more popular than her sister. I'm just putting this out there but if you're one of those that actually WANT to see him end up with Eba I would like to hear WHY at this point, it's not like they'd have much else left to experience besides kids

Want? Sure, why not? It's certainly what I expect, it's what the author has been building from the very start. And really, what's not to be happy with? She's a little dingy? I could live with it, she's beautiful, super smart, and has been in love with him since she was a child...again, where exactly is the big down side here? And I could also live with another 100 chapters too by the way, I personally love slice of life stories. And it's not that I think this will actually be a total slice of life manga if it does indeed continue for any amount of time, there are way to many established characters left with story possibilites for that to happen.

Tn7HA0h.png

Comadrin

Comadrin

Fried Potato

• Members
  • 799 posts
Yeah, you're right. I hate to give up my idea of beloved childhood friend chasing all mammalian females for 200 chapters. Seriously, our mangaka writes great slice of life (open to satire and parody, but the best stuff always is) and another 100-200 chapters may be overkill and repetitive, but I'll bet my bottom dollar that I will be interested and entertained for all of them.

One of the problems about mainstream manga is that reader ratings in magazines are what determines whether the mangaka can finish telling us his story or not. For all I know, maybe the mangaka wanted to finish this at chapter 171 with Haruto scoring the deflowering of Eba, but it was still popular and readers (read "magazine buyers") were clamoring for more. On the other hand. maybe the mangaka had a great plan from the beginning, and if reader response was poor, would have ended it at chapter 34 with Haruto dragging her to a love hotel in Hiroshima and marrying her in a magnificent Shinto/Buddhist/Christian ceremony in chapter 35. At the same time, maybe the mangaka's plan was to end it at chapter 200, but the ongoing demand (and subsequent monetary awards) made his publishers beg for 100 to 200 more chapters with a paid by chapter bonus of XXXXX yen. Said mangaka has a wife and children. Does he tell the publisher to go to hell, as he wants to write a manga about Hime Boobzilla and Samurai Longpole that he has been dreaming of writing since year two of grade school, or does he pursue the cash cow that will send his kids through university and still entertain his fans. Any writer, whether Oriental or Occidental, from the last 100 years has had this problem. Unless he or she is independently wealthy, most of their bread and butter is from reader appreciation (buying power) and publishing house demands. This sucks, and may be why webtoons like "The Friendly Winter" are so refreshing and enjoyable. Many great writers have been told to pound sand by the first umpteen publishers they submitted their works to. God knows how many great writings are in a binder on typewriter paper in the author's homes. When creativity is a business, creators will always be at the mercy of "suits" until their value is proven by huge popularity and the resulting amount of currency lining the publisher's pockets.

My rant over, I will be surprised if the mangaka bores my socks off with continuing this manga. Seo Kouji writes well, and has managed to keep my interest for some time now, with forum comments of "I'm going to drop this !@#$%$%^^ manga" hitting batoto and mf for the last two years. I wish him the best and hope that he will be able to write all the things he wants to. AAAAAAND, I hope he will continue to keep his babelicious chicks coming my way for years.

Edited by Comadrin, 15 October 2012 - 06:13 AM.

svines85

svines85

Sweet Potato

• Contributor
  • 14,063 posts
The author's new work is supposed to be good, it was certainly highly anticipated. Whether it will have any bearing on KNIM continuing I don't know, I believe Half and Half is a monthly as opposed to a weekly like KNIM.

http://vatoto.com/comic/_/comics/half-half-r6766

Tn7HA0h.png

Boomsickle

Boomsickle

Potato

• Contributor
  • 146 posts
After all the shit that has happened with him and eba i hope he doesn't end up with her, If they've broken up so many times already imagine what would happen if they got married, happily ever after? nope. just have him meet one last girl who he ""truly"" loves and end it there.
Posted Image
(Sig+Avt Made by rockiNangeL)

svines85

svines85

Sweet Potato

• Contributor
  • 14,063 posts

After all the shit that has happened with him and eba i hope he doesn't end up with her, If they've broken up so many times already imagine what would happen if they got married, happily ever after? nope. just have him meet one last girl who he ""truly"" loves and end it there.

Shoot, if something happens with Eba there's a line forming already for Haruto, he wouldn't have to meet anyone else to have an awesomely hot new girl. Akari, Rin, Nanami.....all of 'em still available plus a few others in the mix. For a guy everyone keeps calling a wimp he does all right for himself with the women.....at least at attracting them, not so much with the rest of it.

Tn7HA0h.png

Klapaucius

Klapaucius

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 30 posts
  • LocationNivlheim

One of us must have been reading the manga in a strange way, because I don`t remember "so many" breakups, just the one. Could you be so kind as to inform me about all those others?
Ego ne baptizo in nomine christi, sed nomine diaboli

svines85

svines85

Sweet Potato

• Contributor
  • 14,063 posts

One of us must have been reading the manga in a strange way, because I don`t remember "so many" breakups, just the one. Could you be so kind as to inform me about all those others?

Well, in all fairness "smooth and uneventful" are about the last things you could call their relationship when you take into account the early story. Maybe there was only one "official" breakup with the whole Kazama thing, but when you take into account all the mixed signals from the early high school days and the recent blow up / melt down Eba had over Haruto's pretty co-worker, I can see Boomsickle's view point on "all the BS that has happened with him and Eba" .

Tn7HA0h.png

bane_ecf

bane_ecf

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 83 posts
  • LocationMinneapolis-St. Paul metro
I wouldn't call Haruto and Yuzuki's relationship anything but smooth either, if not officially breaking up multiple times, went through enough storms to count. Hey, their relationship ever since they moved in together has been smooth sailing compared to most of the rest of the story.

Edited by bane_ecf, 23 October 2012 - 02:37 AM.

svines85

svines85

Sweet Potato

• Contributor
  • 14,063 posts

I wouldn't call Haruto and Yuzuki's relationship anything but smooth either, if not officially breaking up multiple times, went through enough storms to count. Hey, their relationship ever since they moved in together has been smooth sailing compared to most of the rest of the story.

True, even with the pre-trip blow up it's been smooth sailing compared to the first 1/2 to 3/4 of the story.

Tn7HA0h.png

Comadrin

Comadrin

Fried Potato

• Members
  • 799 posts
With what Eba said at the end of the latest chapter, I don't think it's about to end. She was talking about being totally happy at that moment, but that things were going to get harder from now on. Sounds like Seo Kouji has given her a foreshadowing of the next arc!

bane_ecf

bane_ecf

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 83 posts
  • LocationMinneapolis-St. Paul metro

With what Eba said at the end of the latest chapter, I don't think it's about to end. She was talking about being totally happy at that moment, but that things were going to get harder from now on. Sounds like Seo Kouji has given her a foreshadowing of the next arc!

Absolutely, if Seo has any plans to extend the manga out. Otherwise, it hasn't been much more than a typical love harem comedy lately. There needs to be drama injected back into the story to keep readers interested.

FrenchLegend

FrenchLegend

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 19 posts
It'll end when the two will die.

Read manga

Read manga

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 2 posts
I hope that this will end with Kirishima break up and date any other gal which pretend to be ill in a critical state and he don't tell the reason to Yuzuki when he break up with her. When he realize he as lied to by the gal its too late because he became deeply in love with her. This will teach her a lesson not to mess with him and show her who is the Boss. OMG what an ending. The rest you can imagine what will happen.

Edited by Read manga, 31 January 2013 - 07:59 AM.