Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Photo

Artificial Singers // Vocaloid, etc

music vocaloid program art

• Please log in to reply
111 replies to this topic

Fragile

Fragile

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 208 posts

It's not easy. The general octave my voice is at is already low and rumbly. I sound very rough. If I lower the pitch, the low notes go lower than I can go for singing, if I were to make the song transition as smooth as the original. Also, I do not have good control over my notes anymore, because of the voice break. Training is hard and long and singing aloud around here is sort of being seen as loony or annoying so I don't get much chances to practice.

What song is it that you're trying to sing in this case?

Also, you can sing in transit (i.e. car, bike, on foot). When I have music blaring in my ears, I'm not embarrassed to sing out loud in public even if the only thing other people will hear is my voice.

Did your voice break in puberty? I know there are some girls who develop tenor voices as they grow.
The story that has not yet finished...?

Hellion Twins

Hellion Twins

Fried Potato

• Donator
  • 731 posts
  • LocationKeeling over

What song is it that you're trying to sing in this case?

Also, you can sing in transit (i.e. car, bike, on foot). When I have music blaring in my ears, I'm not embarrassed to sing out loud in public even if the only thing other people will hear is my voice.

Did your voice break in puberty? I know there are some girls who develop tenor voices as they grow.

Titanic, Celine Dion style. For nostalgia's sake xD I used to sing almost exactly like her. Now I'm just croaking.

I just woke up one day and my voice dropped. I didn't even notice that I was rumbling while talking until someone asked if my voice broke.
It was a bad time to break my voice. Back then I was previously selected to lead the class choir for the national pledge and (something) recitation for the whole school but after I broke my voice, my high pitches were too soft to be heard and I got swapped out, right to the back instead.

tumblr_mespwcUZxx1rxs3wso1_400.gif

Manga Recommendation: 21/04/14

Spoiler

A gift from Maia Obanee

Fragile

Fragile

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 208 posts
I'm sure your minimum two octaves are there. And everyone learns differently, so it's learning how to access that range.
The story that has not yet finished...?

Hinanawi Tenshi

Hinanawi Tenshi

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 51 posts
  • LocationBatoto
My most relatable song

Spoiler

Lalbutt

Lalbutt

Baked Potato

• Members
  • 1,365 posts
  • LocationMoving Castle
I've only really heard hatsune miku songs like world is mine, melt and some others i cant remember :P

Hellion Twins

Hellion Twins

Fried Potato

• Donator
  • 731 posts
  • LocationKeeling over
Just for you guys out there, there's something called Voiceroid which is released at the same time with Vocaloid from the same company... and its amazing.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3thXtSFXdc0

Spoiler

A gift from Maia Obanee

Exareivaj

Exareivaj

Fingerling Potato

• Contributor
  • 85 posts
Some funny songs:

Nightow.15.gif

There are 3 kind of people in this world:

1- Boring people who look at the earth and don't know the sky.
2- Dreamers who look at the sky and stumble with earth.
3- Fools who look ahead and think they see everything when they see nothing.

I'm the second one, but with the difference that I always rise when I fall.

By Exareivaj

Mori

Mori

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 200 posts
Generally, I love Vocaloid. I'm really at awe at all the amazing songs composed for them.
Some are adorable and some are just plain beautiful.
Though, I really not too fond of the roboticness, syntheticness of the voices in some songs.
(But I can't really complain because they are essentially synthetic, but I get used to it XD)
And I sometimes cringe at those abnormally high notes. haha.

I end up listening to a lot of Nico Nico covers. I swear, they're amazing!!!!

I really like Megumi Nakajima, so it's obvious that I favor Gumi.
But my favorite is definitely Just Be Friends (Luka/Dixie Flatline), the video, the lyrics.
it just made my heart cry with lots of emotions, especially the piano covers. ;____;

But this song is just CRAZY AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11111

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_JGaQ3g8WU4

Posted Image

Thank you to the lovely Sila-chan for the wonderful avie and siggy set. <3

Spoiler

powha

powha

Vocaloid

• Contrib Mods
  • 1,117 posts
  • LocationGensokyo
I listen lot of covers too actually, but both got their charms :D
But since this is a vocaloid thread, I shall share this song. I love it.

Hellion Twins

Hellion Twins

Fried Potato

• Donator
  • 731 posts
  • LocationKeeling over
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nBtvIS1Z3lg

I found a new(to me) vocaloid. Lily.

Spoiler

A gift from Maia Obanee

MezzoParody

MezzoParody

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 388 posts
Their voices terrify me. There's just something spine chilling about them. I mostly avoid Vocaloid stuff, but since I'm a Black Rock Shooter fan it was sort of inevitable. I like the instrumental versions of BRS well enough, but the Miku version just scares me. I could easily visualize her coming alive and destroying the world. Seriously, GLaDOS sounds more compassionate than she does.

...that said, I stumbled across a song that I actually rather like. It's fine as long as I think of her as a computer program XD

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kvnIFo3xMfY"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kvnIFo3xMfY

Arlo

Arlo

Potato

• Members
  • 145 posts
Ahh... just noticed this thread...

Vocaloids... I could go on all day.

Miku's okay. She was the first one I saw, and she got my attention. I like Disappearance, Popipo (wheeeeee!), Hato, World is Mine... lots of them. I was entirely focused on Miku until I watched some of the "39's giving day" footage and saw her duet with this absolutely beautiful pink-haired singer. That's how I discovered Luka, and then I watched her do Just Be Friends and was blown away, then watched Double Lariat and was even MORE blown away. Double Lariat is still probably my favorite Luka song all in all. I really like her voice in RIP=RELEASE, but the music's a bit grating. Toeto is good too. And pretty much everything else she sings.

The 39's giving day concert is amazing. The similar one that was done in the US was almost as good (of course, quite a bit of it was identical), but it's sort of a shame that the audience doesn't (can't, undoubtedly) sing along. The second Tokyo one though - the one that was done on a huge monitor instead of the transparent screen and was put on by 5pb - was a travesty. I commented at the time that I wished that 5pb was a person, so I could punch him out.

Somewhere along the way, I discovered MikuMikuDance. I watched a bunch of videos, and among them was the Nanameue All Stars version of Honey, and I remember wondering who the redhead with the twin drills was. That's how I discovered Teto - my absolute favorite of all of them, even though - in part BECAUSE - she's not technically a vocaloid. A lot of the reason she appeals to me so much is her story - that behind the April Fool's joke was a girl who really wanted to sing, and then she got her chance to do it. She rose above her origin, and that's awesome.

I saw that someone mentioned MMD and motion capture. Actually, the current MMD has Kinect functionality built into it.

Even if you're not into vocaloid, you might check out MMD. At heart, all it is is a program to display, pose and move 3d models. Most people use it to dance, but there are people making movies with it and an awful lot of people just messing about with it. And there are a LOT of models out there, and quite a few anime ones. There's a very nice set of all the K-ON girls, some pretty good DBZs, Lucky Star, Haruhi... The original Black Rock Shooter video (the Miku song that is) was done in MMD, and those models are readily available. All sorts of stuff...

Has anyone else read William Gibson's Idoru?
Just curious....

powha

powha

Vocaloid

• Contrib Mods
  • 1,117 posts
  • LocationGensokyo
Ok.. since this thread has been dead for a while, I think it's my job to ressurect it. :D

Anyone else likes Koi wa Sensou (Love is War)? I used to play this song all the time, and I still do here and there. Especially the remixes.. they are epic :3

Stuff like:

or

There are more, but to avoid spamming the post too much, those 2 will do. :3

Hellion Twins

Hellion Twins

Fried Potato

• Donator
  • 731 posts
  • LocationKeeling over
Hey Powha, we've been wondering, if there's an acoustic version of Love is War.

Spoiler

A gift from Maia Obanee

Unsung

Unsung

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 44 posts
  • LocationGlobe Trotter
Have a few favorites of vocaloid. Forgive my nubness.

Have a few more, but pretty sure everyone has heard everything there is. :D
The sensual lust of violence is all the assurance
you will ever need to know the true worth of life.
Posted Image
We are the wolves who dress as the sheep,
never resting and refusing to sleep

powha

powha

Vocaloid

• Contrib Mods
  • 1,117 posts
  • LocationGensokyo

Hey Powha, we've been wondering, if there's an acoustic version of Love is War.

hmm.. I don't think there is. I may have heard one once, but I dont really remember if it was Koi was Sensou.
Howerever, there is a piano verson.

@Unsung
I like those 2 aswell~ :D

Hellion Twins

Hellion Twins

Fried Potato

• Donator
  • 731 posts
  • LocationKeeling over
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Z0oz5qbiq8

The closest we've found to Love is War acoustic. Still feels a bit odd though.

Spoiler

A gift from Maia Obanee

nevernown

nevernown

Fried Potato

• Members
  • 575 posts
  • Location-1x378DE022
Vocaloids...

well, I might be a bit biased because of using some digital production-programs myself... there's more out there than just them =P

but well... they have the largest collection of songs and genre's by far.

Megurine Luka has the best looks and dance-moves., but hatsune Miku has the best song with "unfragment"
they also do great together in "magnet" tho I freaked out seeing the lyrix for the first time -.-

I "own" one CD with Vocaloids.
Kagamine Rin and Len: Sunspot Cycle
Good catchy beats and their voices fit eachother perfectly!
Professional Titles, granted by forum-members: Hobbit, Wordsmith, Weirdo, Creep, Reachable Height, DJ, Bishie, Beautiful Poet, Professor, Dutchie-Boy, Writer, Pervy-Sage, Cookie, "Teia: Oh gosh", Geeky boy, Traitor, Stalker (more to be expected)

gkq0.png

Creativity
- Thoughts
- SoundCloud

Kaellyna~chu~

Kaellyna~chu~

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 31 posts
  • Locationlogged off
I know that it's too sudden, but... Someone noticed that there will FINALLY be released the third part of the synchronicity serie??? I'm squealing here!!!! XD
It will be released in the SitoshizukuP's debut album, that we will only be able to hear on december... nineteenth of december (12/19), to be exact...Until then, the world SHOULD NOT EVEN TRY TO END ITSELF!!!! *coughcoughsorryfortheextremecoughcough*

Anyway, if you want to assure yourselves, the souces:
http://myvocaloid.tumblr.com/post/33845959368/synchronicity-3rd-song-hitoshizukup-major-debut
http://yamashizuku.com/
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rjcLG-rdlvA&feature=g-hist

I can't help... I wanted to share it with someone... *blush*

Edited by Kaellyna~chu~, 05 November 2012 - 06:26 PM.

Logged Off

Archer

Archer

Potato

• Contributor
  • 178 posts
  • LocationForest
I own Miku.
I don't actually like Vocaloid though, since the
music is terrible to me.

I like the fan art though!

u8adT.jpg