Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Photo

Artificial Singers // Vocaloid, etc

music vocaloid program art

• Please log in to reply
111 replies to this topic

powha

powha

Vocaloid

• Contrib Mods
  • 1,117 posts
  • LocationGensokyo
There are quite some english vocaloids: click
But I'm not much of a fan though.. :D

And UTAU are not vocaloids. Link about them: click :D

UnmeiNoShugosha

UnmeiNoShugosha

Potato

• Members
  • 102 posts
  • LocationNot Gensokyo (TT-TT)
Oh, I see. UTAU is basically a free fan-made adaptation of the Vocaloid software. That makes sense. I was under the impression that they were fan-made voice samples in Vocaloid, but that's probably not possible without significant effort.

Edited by UnmeiNoShugosha, 04 April 2012 - 04:43 AM.

"We defied the laws of probability, simply because we couldn't."

darkhunter

darkhunter

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 249 posts
  • LocationDarkness World
KIDS REACT to Hatsune Miku

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=egcfC7PCneQ

Broken Identity
"People say I'm a freak, dark, weird, sick and twisted person, but I actually have the heart of a young girl ... in a jar, on my desk ..."
There is only one God ... and his name is Death.

King of Laziness

Suffering from: Procrastination Extraordinarius

powha

powha

Vocaloid

• Contrib Mods
  • 1,117 posts
  • LocationGensokyo
Oh my gawd. Those kids are just... -.-

Hellion Twins

Hellion Twins

Fried Potato

• Donator
  • 731 posts
  • LocationKeeling over
The kids that rocked on were cool.

The rest are so backward. O_o The western future is doomed.
+ I wonder how they'd feel if I told them their reactions were the same as my 40+ year old mum's. :P

Edited by Hellion Twins, 08 April 2012 - 12:55 PM.

tumblr_mespwcUZxx1rxs3wso1_400.gif

Manga Recommendation: 21/04/14

Spoiler

A gift from Maia Obanee

Yuuei

Yuuei

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 94 posts
I have a Nendoroid Miku >___>;

My favourite song currently is pianissimo sung by Miku append soft & clear (written by marasy & clear).
Favourite song sung by Len & Rin is Gemini (writing by dixie flatline?) and Tsumugi Uta (written by DATEKEN).
Favourite song sung by Luka will probably be Just be Friends (also by dixie flatline).
And for Gumi, I only heard blue bird (is it written by s.y.n?) and I found it pretty catchy.

Btw, is IA (voice provided by Lia <3) going to be a Vocaloid 3? Cause listening to the Tori no Uta demo, she has a lot of potential for great songs.

Edited by Yuuei, 11 April 2012 - 09:45 PM.

Fragile

Fragile

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 208 posts

Hio, does anyone on Batoto own a Vocaloid?

I wish...

Love vocaloids?

Yep

What's your favourite vocaloid songs?

Kokoro Kara (sweet mix) - Miku
Just Be Friends - Luka
I<3 - Rin
PANTSU NUGERU MON - Teto cover
Unfragment - Miku
Hey! Mr. Music! - Vocaloid All Stars
Honey Honey - Meiko feat. Nanameue Vocaloid All Stars
Flutacisone - Luka
Alice in Musicland - Miku feat. Vocaloid All Stars
Music Box of Time - Luka
Chime - Miku
Miracle Paint - Miku
Piano Girl - Miku
Piano Forte - Meiko

(There are a few other songs I would consider a favorite. ofc there are hundreds of other songs I've liked here and there, but these are the timeless ones which I consider worth labeled as "favorite")

slightly off-topic, and unrelated to the board we're in...

I write vocaloid fiction >_>

Edited by DJ Fatalyst, 12 April 2012 - 06:10 AM.

The story that has not yet finished...?

Buttock Follicle

Buttock Follicle

Couch Potato

• Contributor
  • 2,433 posts
  • Locationfuttocking away~

I have a Nendoroid Miku >___>;

My favourite song currently is pianissimo sung by Miku append soft & clear (written by marasy & clear).
Favourite song sung by Len & Rin is Gemini (writing by dixie flatline?) and Tsumugi Uta (written by DATEKEN).
Favourite song sung by Luka will probably be Just be Friends (also by dixie flatline).
And for Gumi, I only heard blue bird (is it written by s.y.n?) and I found it pretty catchy.

Btw, is IA (voice provided by Lia <3) going to be a Vocaloid 3? Cause listening to the Tori no Uta demo, she has a lot of potential for great songs.

You should listen to some more Gumi songs :P Gumi sweet and Gumi 40m is also pretty good vocally :3

Try the kemu ones *A* The best vocaloid composer ever <3 not sure if male or female -.-

powha

powha

Vocaloid

• Contrib Mods
  • 1,117 posts
  • LocationGensokyo
Gumi got some awsome songs~ :D
Like:
Heavenly Weakness
Yowamushi Mont Blanc
Aa, Subarashiki NYANsei
Aitai
Blackhole Artist (:D)
and more.. :D

And IA sound pretty awsome. :3 Never really heard anything from her. (need to stop sticking to old songs :D)

Edited by powha, 12 April 2012 - 01:08 PM.

Buttock Follicle

Buttock Follicle

Couch Potato

• Contributor
  • 2,433 posts
  • Locationfuttocking away~
Just because I'm a Gumi freak .-.

Kimi e
Yuki Hanabi
for my soul
I "ai" (aka I "love")
Invisible
Renai Yuusha

Mix of Gumi's more pop/electro ones + softer ones :3

Hellion Twins

Hellion Twins

Fried Potato

• Donator
  • 731 posts
  • LocationKeeling over
So mani Gumi fans @.@ -is Kagamine, Kaito & Miku fan-

We also prefer the entire group choir songs >< ><

Spoiler

A gift from Maia Obanee

Fragile

Fragile

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 208 posts

After watching this video just recently, I go back to my thoughts about MMD animation in the online community.

One of the biggest problems I see is that animators are trying to choreograph a robot that tries to move like a human, rather than choreographing a human that is trying to move like a robot.

Robots move deliberately, with stiffness and precision. They will minimize unnecessary movement to avoid wasting energy, if there is any unnecessary movement to begin with.

Humans are less precise, and not nearly as hard. Even our bones have more flexibility than a robot's skeleton does. When we move, there tends to be a LOT of unnecessary movement and wasted energy. It creates a springy unsteadiness.

Human eyes are sensitive enough to know the difference between robotic and organic movement. That's how we interpret subtle body language.

It's a little frustrating for me, going through youtube and experiencing the fan community as it is, because I want to talk to someone about the things I pay attention to, like how the choreographer paid attention to the finger movements of the guitarists, or offset the timing in a synchronized dance with multiple dolls to give the illusion that the dancers are not robotically synced together (therefore feeling more human).

Take a look at this video, where the choreographer took advantage of slow swaying to lessen the impact of robotic animation, and even positioned the fingers of the guitar players over frets (whether copying these arrangements IRL will produce the same effect, I don't know...). The band members have their movements as though they are deeply into the music. You can still see robotic movements, but they're harder to spot and the illusion of moving like actual people is more complete.

Edited by DJ Fatalyst, 12 April 2012 - 10:37 PM.

Hellion Twins

Hellion Twins

Fried Potato

• Donator
  • 731 posts
  • LocationKeeling over

-

I liked the first vid, there was so much effort in it. But the second vid was phenomenal.
Everything's so natural, it's beautiful.
I'm actually wondering if they had a green screen and movement tracers for the models. It would be much easier to do it that way. But I'm getting the feeling that if there were any tracers, it'd be in the hand movements only, because the body sway/shakes are quite mechanical and timed. So much effort, omg. I can't begin to imagine how long that vid must have taken to be made. Kudos to the animators.

Spoiler

A gift from Maia Obanee

Fragile

Fragile

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 208 posts
It's Japan, so I think that there may be one or two well known choreographers who have that kind of technology available to them, but motion tracking is extremely difficult for someone to afford by yourself for the purpose of creating hobby movies.

I think there may also be engines or scripts that can automatically generate human like motions.

These guys are doing a lot of this through hard work and perseverance, so I'm shocked and amazed.

Yak

Yak

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 72 posts
  • LocationPortland
1. I have the miku's vocaloid program installed.

2. My favorite vocaloid is gumi.

3. Overall, I don't really like vocaloids or any sort of program like this. Really, you just can't program emotion... those chills you get when you listen to truly amazing singers. Vocaloids are so flat (and most sound horrible), so it kinda gets boring for me after a lil while :/

Posted Image

oa \ mm \ mouse \ maigo \ mal

Hellion Twins

Hellion Twins

Fried Potato

• Donator
  • 731 posts
  • LocationKeeling over

1. I have the miku's vocaloid program installed.

2. My favorite vocaloid is gumi.

3. Overall, I don't really like vocaloids or any sort of program like this. Really, you just can't program emotion... those chills you get when you listen to truly amazing singers. Vocaloids are so flat (and most sound horrible), so it kinda gets boring for me after a lil while :/

:( The vocaloids are always out-of-stock in my country. They ship so little. And everytime I pop down to buy one, they say it's gone already.

I actually really like the vocaloid program. I would sing myself, but my voice broke sometime when I was 14 by an entire octave and I haven't been able to sing like before anymore. The high pitches, smooth melodies... they are all... Argh. I'd probably spend a lot of time tweaking the program to make it sound the way I want it to, if I had it. You can draw out the notes right? And set the tremors?

Spoiler

A gift from Maia Obanee

Yak

Yak

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 72 posts
  • LocationPortland

:( The vocaloids are always out-of-stock in my country. They ship so little. And everytime I pop down to buy one, they say it's gone already.

I actually really like the vocaloid program. I would sing myself, but my voice broke sometime when I was 14 by an entire octave and I haven't been able to sing like before anymore. The high pitches, smooth melodies... they are all... Argh. I'd probably spend a lot of time tweaking the program to make it sound the way I want it to, if I had it. You can draw out the notes right? And set the tremors?

You can always rip~

Also you can sing higher up, but it takes a lot of training (it's called falsetto). Honestly, I don't really use the program very much lol, but yeah you have a vertical keyboard and you can add notes by how long a measure is and edit shit.

Posted Image

oa \ mm \ mouse \ maigo \ mal

Hellion Twins

Hellion Twins

Fried Potato

• Donator
  • 731 posts
  • LocationKeeling over

You can always rip~ Also you can sing higher up, but it takes a lot of training (it's called falsetto). Honestly, I don't really use the program very much lol, but yeah you have a vertical keyboard and you can add notes by how long a measure is and edit shit.

Mn... Rip where?

(I'm a girl IRL xD) x_x the training, yes, it would take a lot. I've only just gotten used to my diaphragm these two years. Doesn't help with my high notes wheezing out though. I used to be able to sing Titanic My Love will go on Celine Dion style, now I can barely croak past the lower range and I sound horrible. Meehh.

Spoiler

A gift from Maia Obanee

Fragile

Fragile

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 208 posts

I guess it's different for everyone, but when I listened to From Y to Y the first time, I cried.

And when I watched the 12 minute musical Alice in Musicland by Oster Project, I couldn't stop smiling for a good five days.

And listen to the impressive vibrato on Honey Honey Nanameue All Stars.

Mn... Rip where?

(I'm a girl IRL xD) x_x the training, yes, it would take a lot. I've only just gotten used to my diaphragm these two years. Doesn't help with my high notes wheezing out though. I used to be able to sing Titanic My Love will go on Celine Dion style, now I can barely croak past the lower range and I sound horrible. Meehh.

Girls have falsetto too.

Why don't you lower the pitch?

Hellion Twins

Hellion Twins

Fried Potato

• Donator
  • 731 posts
  • LocationKeeling over

Girls have falsetto too.

Why don't you lower the pitch?

It's not easy. The general octave my voice is at is already low and rumbly. I sound very rough. If I lower the pitch, the low notes go lower than I can go for singing, if I were to make the song transition as smooth as the original. Also, I do not have good control over my notes anymore, because of the voice break. Training is hard and long and singing aloud around here is sort of being seen as loony or annoying so I don't get much chances to practice.

Spoiler

A gift from Maia Obanee