Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Photo

Terumi and his future "conquests"?

• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

Poll: Terumi and his future romances (136 member(s) have cast votes)

How do you think Terumi's going to handle being a modern-day Genji?

1. Terumi will proceed to romance then ditch a long string of women. (32 votes [23.53%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 23.53%

2. Harem or bust! Awwww yeah. (66 votes [48.53%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 48.53%

3. He doesn't have the balls to just ditch his cousin, not after what he went through to score with her. Kaoruko's experiment will end with Asahi. (19 votes [13.97%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 13.97%

4. Something else? :3 (19 votes [13.97%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 13.97%

Vote Guests cannot vote

JoveusMolai

JoveusMolai

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 16 posts
So, for those who have read or are otherwise familiar with the Tale of Genji, in the novel Genji romances quite a few women (and, uh, kind of raises the young Murasaki to be his ideal wife, or something like that), and if Terumi follows through on Kaoruko's proposal, then Asahi will sadly be just the first of many. This means that Terumi will have to dump Asahi/be dumped by Asahi, or perhaps even make himself a harem. (How he handles the manga's analogue to Murasaki will be terribly interesting.)

Any speculation on how Terumi will deal with having to romance multiple women in sequence, possibly several at once?

Edited by JoveusMolai, 19 March 2012 - 03:17 AM.

PROzess

PROzess

Potato

• Contributor
  • 177 posts
  • LocationGermany
Well, Genji's motivation to bed all these girls and even raise Murasaki as his own ideal woman, was to forget his step-mother, whom he was in love with.
But Terumi didn't start the "conquest project" out of that motivation.
So we can either conclude that it'll take a whole different route, he'll just become a playboy or that Asashi becomes that motivation, meaning: He madly falls in love with her, but seeing as they are cousins, they can't be together, thus he goes on to sleep with some other chicks to forget about her.

unf2a.jpg

S.C.

S.C.

Baked Potato

• Contributor
  • 1,258 posts
  • LocationThe Epicenter of Indifference
From what I heard cousins actually can get married in japan. Though it is frowned upon.

Posted Image

PROzess

PROzess

Potato

• Contributor
  • 177 posts
  • LocationGermany
Yeah, it is.
That's why in like every manga it gets used to spice up things. But here it's going to be taken as a counter-measurement. A rare sight, indeed :)

unf2a.jpg

bushwhacker2k

bushwhacker2k

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 485 posts
  • LocationNorth Carolina, USA

if Terumi follows through on Kaoruko's proposal, then Asahi will sadly be just the first of many.

I find this to be a noteworthy line, is it the standard belief of the majority of people that you can only truly care for one person?

I don't really have any intentions to ever get married, and the concept of love is a little lost on me, so I'm not really sure I specifically believe anything on the subject (I mean except that I wouldn't mind a harem).

"This statement is not true."

ChaosSanc

ChaosSanc

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 55 posts
  • LocationOn the Horizon
i actually just want him to end up with the aunt cause i feel they have a more strong bond
For Light there must be Dark so what does Dark do to have Light?

Posted Image

S.C.

S.C.

Baked Potato

• Contributor
  • 1,258 posts
The aunt is the main heroine. So I'd say that's rather likely.

Edited by S.C., 13 May 2012 - 12:12 AM.

Posted Image

bushwhacker2k

bushwhacker2k

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 485 posts

The aunt is the main heroine. So I'd say that's rather likely.

Debatable, I seriously doubt it.

Not that she isn't going for it, but there's definitely no one-on-one chemistry in their relationship.

svines85

svines85

Sweet Potato

• Contributor
  • 14,063 posts
  • Locationunderground like a wild potato

Not that she isn't going for it, but there's definitely no one-on-one chemistry in their relationship.

There might be some chemistry if you look at it from the Genji parallel, wasn't part of Genji that he raised someone to be his "ideal spouse"? Maybe that's what Kaoruko is planning to eventually do. (I'm doubtful on the whole aunt/incest thing too, I'm just pointing out the possible parallel with the Genji story).

Tn7HA0h.png

S.C.

S.C.

Baked Potato

• Contributor
  • 1,258 posts

That "chemistry" is still developing. Also, this seems to be some kind of unspoken rule, the main guy ending up with the main heroine I mean.
Well, exceptions always exist so I might be wrong.
Either way, I'm just saying what my experience tells me.

Posted Image

kasimmorathi

kasimmorathi

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 3 posts
The aunt indicated that she intends a reverse Genji project, that her favorite character was Murasaki. In the story, from what I understand, Genji raised Murasaki (the niece of his love, Lady Fujikosuba), to become his ideal lover. From what I can make of this story so far, it appears that the aunt is in fact not trying to make him 'Genji' but in fact trying to make him Murasaki. Her ideal lover. Through conquests teaching him self-confidence, self-control, sexual prowess and likely more in the targets that she selects.

bushwhacker2k

bushwhacker2k

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 485 posts

The aunt indicated that she intends a reverse Genji project, that her favorite character was Murasaki. In the story, from what I understand, Genji raised Murasaki (the niece of his love, Lady Fujikosuba), to become his ideal lover. From what I can make of this story so far, it appears that the aunt is in fact not trying to make him 'Genji' but in fact trying to make him Murasaki. Her ideal lover. Through conquests teaching him self-confidence, self-control, sexual prowess and likely more in the targets that she selects.

Makes sense. Taking her perspective makes that seem a lot more illuminating, because emotionally she doesn't give the slightest impression that she's at all invested in him.

Scyzer

Scyzer

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 1 posts

Makes sense. Taking her perspective makes that seem a lot more illuminating, because emotionally she doesn't give the slightest impression that she's at all invested in him.

Also concur. My guess is that a future plot device will reveal that like Genji, the aunt is doing all of this to overcome her her forbidden love. This could possibly be the main character's father - and I wouldn't be that surprised given the themes in the story.

3 Legged Fox

3 Legged Fox

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 9 posts
  • LocationGreece
Harem FTW! I may be called immature and other things, but reading this manga and not being a harem-fan is just not right.

Ninetyone

Ninetyone

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 5 posts
Interesting fact about the Tale of Genji is that the author was a Japanese noblewoman and lady-in-waiting Murasaki Shikibu which brings me to this one theory: The aunt could herself be the '' author '' and by writing her report is in fact writing the story, in this case one that is modern. If we take into consideration that she is indeed trying to recreate the tale of Genji, it would make sense to some extent.

On a completely different note, I am not agreeing with the fact that Terumi Minamoto accepted to play a part in this whole '' Genji project '' without some prior reasons. As early as the first chapter, it is stated ( or made clear ) that the main character has a desire to bed or show some sort of sexual prowess to assert his male persona. He wants to forget the unfortunate events that happened in his past and that left massive scars. This desire resembles the one Genji has in the novel, a desire to forget someone, which drive him to dive head first into this series of romances. There are many interpretations possible for both the tale and the manga, having taboo themes juxtaposed to create this ambiguous atmosphere. Whatever the result may be, it is an enjoyable ride to follow what the author of the manga will do to follow or recreate his own modern tale of Genji.

God of TROLLing LOL

God of TROLLing LOL

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 481 posts
WAIT!
Minus me, since I'm the 15th one, All the previous 14 post is the 14 girl he will conquest.
LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL
:batoto_021: :batoto_021: :batoto_021: :batoto_021: :batoto_021: :batoto_021: :batoto_021: :batoto_021: :batoto_021:

Edited by God of TROLLing LOL, 20 June 2012 - 08:18 PM.

Mellester

Mellester

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 1 posts
So will his aunt become the ideal women for him. He does desire her. But that the cousin would reject him I would never suspect.
Also it is the only reasonble reply i have read in manga when asked "will you date me without doing it".

svines85

svines85

Sweet Potato

• Contributor
  • 14,063 posts
  • Locationunderground like a wild potato
I think the thing I'm looking forward to the most right now (plot wise) is when and if Kaoruko gets the chance to talk to Asahi about Terumi and the new target. It just seems like that's where this will go, especially since she told Terumi "to get Asahi, you need the second target". I think it'll be fun to see how Kaoruko manipulates Asahi and how she reacts to it.

Tn7HA0h.png

ChefOtaku

ChefOtaku

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 15 posts
It's hard to tell. I don't think he has any particular attatchment emotionally to anyone, yet. That tells me that it will go either a harem route, or with the aunt or cousin.(I would say the Aunt because they live together) But the c*ckblocking will end soon. This story will get stale quick if they stay at square one. I am rooting for Asashi. Because she is level headed, and not just looking to be sacked.

bushwhacker2k

bushwhacker2k

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 485 posts

Harem FTW! I may be called immature and other things, but reading this manga and not being a harem-fan is just not right.

It's not immature, it's simple math. One hot girl who likes you = 1, harem > 2, thus harem > 1.