Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Photo

General Discussion Topic

Sket Dance

• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

Katzilla

Katzilla

Baked Potato

• Members
  • 1,097 posts
Because this manga needs more love.

Latest chapter had Bossun getting jealous of Kiri. I don't like chapters with Kiri in general, but a chance to see Bossun jelly is always fun.

sig-1.png

ValorantX

ValorantX

Baked Potato

• Contributor
  • 1,601 posts
Well the scans.....are really behind. -o-
The latest chapter was hilarious though (new chapter updated since first post of this topic)
It would've been better to have just told him directly rather than through analogy, or some of the information becomes ambiguous. Isn't that what confused him last time. -.-

"Once you label me you negate me." - Soren Kierkegaard

kdom

kdom

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 376 posts
I think I'm starting to prefer Sket Dance over Gintama.
It's nice to see old characters back again. And I love the cliffhanger of the chapter. The last chapter with Agata and the 'perfect triangle lover' in the restaurant was already hilarious. I wonder how this will end :-)

Katzilla

Katzilla

Baked Potato

• Members
  • 1,097 posts
Gintama will always have a special place in my heart, although Sket Dance has its own unique charm that distinguishes it from Gintama.

As smart as Agata is, he sure is stupid when it comes to his sis. I lol'd at the exam answer, reminds me of someone who doodles at the end of an exam when he doesn't know the answer.

sig-1.png

Horn

Horn

Baked Potato

• Members
  • 1,078 posts
  • LocationWelded to my computer chair.
I got very happy when reading this latest chapter, finally seeing someone who completely understands the situation and may somehow be able to help.

Getting to the last page, though, I think I pulled off the mother of all facepalms...

UIqflpq.jpg

kdom

kdom

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 376 posts
And in the middle Bossun and Tsubaki completely unaware of everything :-)

Gintama will always have a special place in my heart, although Sket Dance has its own unique charm that distinguishes it from Gintama.

I find Sket Dance humor a little bit clever. Gintama is hilarious but it is not really subtle most of the time.

Edited by kdom, 21 March 2012 - 10:42 AM.

Katzilla

Katzilla

Baked Potato

• Members
  • 1,097 posts
Yeah, exactly. It's so ridiculously exaggerated sometimes that I can't help but laugh at it. Sket is a bit more subtle like you said, so it has a different feel. It's also "cleaner".

sig-1.png

ValorantX

ValorantX

Baked Potato

• Contributor
  • 1,601 posts

As smart as Agata is, he sure is stupid when it comes to his sis. I lol'd at the exam answer, reminds me of someone who doodles at the end of an exam when he doesn't know the answer.

It's more that other people failed to communicate on what's going on.....while Agata is just impatient and doesn't second guess himself rather than a judge of his intelligence.

If we weren't able to see how meticulously Agata arrived at the conclusion of the "love triangle" it wouldn't have been so hilarious.

"Once you label me you negate me." - Soren Kierkegaard

Katzilla

Katzilla

Baked Potato

• Members
  • 1,097 posts
You gotta admit that the way Agata reached that conclusion isn't logical, and doesn't support the fact that he has a high IQ. Not that I doubt he does.

sig-1.png

Horn

Horn

Baked Potato

• Members
  • 1,078 posts
  • LocationWelded to my computer chair.
Seems like Cherry is garnering mixed emotions; many don't seem to like him very much at all.
I guess I can see why, too; Sket has been able to get by without mixing in too much pervy stuff into the stew. Also the abundance of Japanese-only puns is a tad annoying.

UIqflpq.jpg

God of TROLLing LOL

God of TROLLing LOL

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 481 posts
It's ALWAYS ALL SOME SKET DANCE FTW!!!!!!!!!!!!!
btw the anime is much funnier!
They even show off some must laugh face and robot rock that manga can't detail it all~ ~(>3<)~
Gintama sucks I don't know why but I can't bring myself to read it!

KanameFujiwara

KanameFujiwara

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 27 posts
I laugh so hard just now. The Sister is troubled arc had got to be one of the most funniest arc ever!

TQ

• Guests
Is sket dan just a daily gag manga with every ark bringing some new (mis)adventure or is it bulding upto something? I think the manga may culminate with the realisation and acceptance of love between bossu and hime. What do you think?

Katzilla

Katzilla

Baked Potato

• Members
  • 1,097 posts
It's mostly episodic, with the occasional arc here and there. There are some characters who make a return after being used in a previous, long forgotten arc, but for the most part it's just a gag manga.

There are hints of romance all over the place though.

sig-1.png

bastek66

bastek66

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 46 posts
Scanlations really behind so I check raws. Cute moments lately.
Spoiler

Edited by bastek66, 12 February 2013 - 01:53 AM.

αɖα- ɕɧαɲ

αɖα- ɕɧαɲ

Couch Potato

• Members
  • 2,739 posts
  • Locationsometimes here, most of the time there.

Scanlations really behind so I check raws. Cute moments lately.

Spoiler

Indeed scanlation are quite behind the raws. I think if you want to post for raws and spoilers you can create another thread for it. :) To make it orderly. But this scene sure is full of BossunxHimeko feels. Though I pity Saaya.. realizing that she has no chance of winning Bossun's heart. Poor girl.

Back from the topic! The latest chapter (ch235) shows the awesomeness of our Switch! Sweaty Switch sure is manry for me. Lol!

WorstWaifu

WorstWaifu

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 11 posts

Wow this manga is seriously underrated(or just not popular enough!). Just here to pay my respects to it. :P

None of the below is spoilers but it is kind of my summary of how I feel after reading ALL of the manga.

I always find older jems after they've been around for awhile and it sucks! This story was fantastic. I'm not usually super into shounen. I like the genre but it usually is just fun, and doesn't have a strong emotional impact on me. Not many have made me tear up like this manga did!

The story felt pretty natural going from serious to funny so often, like everyone has happy and sad times so it made the characters very easy to attach yourself to I found. 

To anyone who hasn't finished it yet, you really should if you liked the more serious chapters you're in for a treat.