Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Photo

Instructions for buying the Kubera book - US and Canada residents only.

• Please log in to reply
34 replies to this topic

scarlettsong

scarlettsong

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 5 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Found the previous 3 but not the 4th (link below) http://www.bandibookus.com/search/SearchBook.do?kwd=%C4%ED%BA%A3%B6%F3&tabCode=TOTAL&ad_url=

Thanks, I tried typing Kubera in english like I did before and then I tried 쿠베라 and that's what did the trick. =D.
Blah~

Limilicious

Limilicious

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 85 posts

Yep, 쿠베라 works just fine. Though, I don't think I'll buy it because I don't understand the slightest bit about Korean. But it's fairly decent I think. It's only 12 dollars in whatever currency due to the the price drop from 21 dollars. As compared to those mass produced ones like Bleach, Naruto, etc, it's really expensive but those sucks anyways. (I checked amazon and they sell for a few bucks only.) I just wish there will be a Chinese version, as I read Chinese better than English...or Korean...

I am a Kleptomaniac.

Mizura

Mizura

Couch Potato

• Members
  • 4,851 posts

I've just wasted the whole day trying unsuccessfully to order the books. (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

Just take my money, damnit! I've tried just about all the sites. All of them have guides, and all the guides are outdated. The fields have changed. Authentications changed. Credit Card options have changed. I tried to make do, but all sorts of problems pop out:

- First successful registration was with Yes24. Tried to order. "Book 4 currently not available for overseas shipping." Wtf? Tried the other sites.

- One repeatedly bugged me for a mobile phone number. It gives me an 8-number field to write down my mobile phone number, which is 11 numbers.

- For another, I finally filled out the form, click button, nothing happens. Repeat with 2 other browsers. Several times.

- For some of the sites, I did manage to get past the registration phase, but when it comes to payment, just about all of them say I have to use internet explorer and/or download plugins for it. Fair enough, I download and install a whole bunch of plugins that don't make me really happy. Input credit card number. Doesn't work.

- Another site asks me to choose the "vendor bank" before inputting a credit card number. Except looking at the list of choices, there's no way I'd have a bank account at say "Bank of Korea" (though I was quite tempted to walk to the one not too far from me and open one. But it'd make me feel really silly)

Finally, I come across egscan's guide to buy Noblesse. A miracle, someone mentions a site in English! Registration wasn't too hard too (compared to some of the other site. One was asking for my IBAN bank information and such, wtf?)

http://english.gmarket.co.kr/index.asp

Except when it came to authenticating my credit card, apparently my vendor doesn't support this thing called "3D support." What in the world is 3D support? Come to think of it, I suspect it's why my card didn't work on other websites either (harder to tell though, with the gibberish in the plugins that won't even display properly). Whatever happened to just using the code at the back of the card? And when I click on the "how does it work" link by the Visa page, I get a page not found .  >: \ (and yes, my card Is a Visa card, I had no trouble paying my U.S.-based VPN with it a while back)

So if anyone has successfully ordered the books, Please tell me which site you used (not counting Aladin and its successor, since I'm not in North America). Gosh.

For those of you who do want to try, I suggest trying out the last link I provided. It seems to accept Paypal. I'll try to open a new paypal account tomorrow...

Edited by Mizura, 29 July 2013 - 11:23 AM.

3492bk6.jpg

Kubera stuff: Character charts , Races and Cities , The finite (official side novel) ,
Official English Webtoons: https://www.webtoons.com

Kaiein

Kaiein

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 464 posts
  • LocationPhysically? Kansas Mentally? Too many places to recall at the moment.

Gosh, that sounds really troublesome! :o More troublesome than my visit to the walk-in clinic to see what the heck is going on with my tonsils/lymph nodes. <_< Seeing as how I'm from North America, it'll probably be easier for me when I eventually order (I currently have an unsteady job dependent on tourism and I'm not old enough to own a credit card)... Though by the time I can actually order I won't be surprised if Volumes 5 or even 6 is out...

Mizura

Mizura

Couch Potato

• Members
  • 4,851 posts

Wait, I think Paypal went through on http://english.gmarket.co.kr/index.asp !!! :o

I just have to wait patiently to make sure it arrives! If it works, then we'll know one of the easier options, since that sight is in English and accepts Paypal.

If you guys order from that site, make sure to pick out a "bundle" option. If the items are separate, they'll count them as 1kg each. They'll refund you apparently for the actual shipping costs, but who wants to go through the hassle, eh?

I'll keep you all updated. Crossing fingers! If it works for me, then non-North American fans here should also be able to use that site! :D

Kaiein, if Volumes 5 and 6 come out by then, you might as well wait for the entire Season 1 to come out and buy it as a discount bundle or something. :P Me, I don't feel like waiting two more years just to get a small discount. xP (assuming Currygom doesn't speed up the release of these volumes. Gosh, they come out slow)

Har har, the site said it'd give me a "welcome coupon," of which 5000 won could be used on books (usable on orders over 10,000 won). Of course I happily try to use it, except a pop up cheerfully informs me that it only applies to "publications of over 18 months before." A single book is under 10,000 won, so that doesn't work. All the bundles are "published less than 18 months ago." Har Har.

Edited by Mizura, 30 July 2013 - 02:27 AM.

3492bk6.jpg

Kubera stuff: Character charts , Races and Cities , The finite (official side novel) ,

Kaiein

Kaiein

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 464 posts

I'll probably end up having to do that... unless I somehow get the means and I become impatient. :D Just wait, once season 2 is finished she'll produce a whole bunch of volumes or something. <_<

Marim

Marim

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 373 posts

Good Luck Mizura! Hope you'll get books in no time.

As for me the worst thing is that:

THEY DON'T SHIP IN MY COUNTRY!!!! TT_TT

Am I living in a remote island or something? :((

I wish at least had a friend who lives in Korea, so I would transfer money and he'd put these books on Amazon :( Then it would be easier for me to order them :(( (Ridiculous dreams, yep *nod*).

I wonder if Interpark or Kyobo would work... But least likely.

Edited by Marim, 30 July 2013 - 09:15 AM.

Mizura

Mizura

Couch Potato

• Members
  • 4,851 posts

... wow. You're right. There is no "Georgia" in the list of countries for Gmarket. Wtf? D:

Edited by Mizura, 30 July 2013 - 11:21 AM.

3492bk6.jpg

Marim

Marim

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 373 posts

I think it's my country's fault, since most of the people here use Amazon and I don't think goverment would care about International shipping from Korea all of the sudden  <_<

Anyway, good luck with shipping! :)

Edited by Marim, 30 July 2013 - 11:28 AM.

Mizura

Mizura

Couch Potato

• Members
  • 4,851 posts

I GOT THE BOOKS!!! *cheeers* Omg let me take a pic... oh, battery dead. :\

I'm sorry that you're unable to get the books, Marim. Anyway, for the rest of you, I'll put up a tutorial soon. I've also sent a PM to Rin to ask if she's planning on making a new tutorial or not. If I don't hear from her in a few days, I'll go ahead and post mine (I'm going on a vacation trip this weekend, I'd like to post it before I leave?).

3492bk6.jpg

smthFishy

smthFishy

Baked Potato

• Members
  • 1,251 posts
  • Locationsubmerged

Mizura, how much did you pay for freight? I think if I use bandibooks the freight is a default base of $4-$5 with a 9% tax (California). I think it's free shipping over $50 for California orders. US East cost is $4-$5, Hawaii $4-5, Canada is $7-$10. 

Freight policy FAQ below - 

http://www.bandibookus.com/front/help/helpIndex.do?bid=7004&bbsIdx=37265&key=faq

Mizura

Mizura

Couch Potato

• Members
  • 4,851 posts

I'm in China, so I have one of the lowest shipping costs. The international shipping fee was 17,650 won, and I also had to pay an extra ₩2,500 local delivery fee (I explain all this in my upcoming tutorial), so overall, I've paid less than $20 in shipping fees. But as I said, I'm right next door. The U.S. has the highest shipping fees for EMS, so in that region, Bandibook US or Interpark Global are likely the cheapest options.

The main issue is that both Bandibook US and Interpark Global are in Korean for some reason. They're for North America customers but they're only in Korean. What are they smoking? Or are there really that many Korean-Americans over there?

Anyway, look at this page for Gmarket's shipping costs.

Edited by Mizura, 05 August 2013 - 09:53 AM.

3492bk6.jpg

Hoet

Hoet

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 323 posts

does that mean those books were in english :o?

hmmerp_zps488b0742.png

Mizura

Mizura

Couch Potato

• Members
  • 4,851 posts

Oh heck no. They were 100% in Korean. Well, save for an English summary in the back, dunno why.

3492bk6.jpg

Kaiein

Kaiein

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 464 posts

We'll be super-incredibly lucky if Kubera is ever translated (as volumes) into English. <_< It's not that popular, and it's not that popular of a genre mix right now (I know a lot of what's being published is a lot of super-shallow romance and stuff like One Piece and Naruto - that ilk -- at least in America). Many people right now are into the not-very-deep-or-meaningful-or-thought-provoking stuff that I can't stand. Personally? I don't think Currygom would be able to quite handle all the fuss and hullaballoo that comes with being a highly popular author/artist. Not yet, anyway.

Oh heck no. They were 100% in Korean. Well, save for an English summary in the back, dunno why.

I know, bizarre, right? It's like an invitation saying, "Look at me! I'm an awesome story with amazing development, characters and plot twists/devices - but you can't read the rest of me because I'm in Korean. Sorry, bro." <_<

Edited by Kaiein, 07 August 2013 - 04:06 AM.